Value City giving away free money/games [YMMV?]

Pancake Rabbit

CAGiversary!
Hey guys I've got a pretty decent deal at Value City to report. The reason I say it's YMMV is im not sure if value city is a nation-wide chain of stores. So anyway if you have a Value City in your area chances are you have this deal. So anyway here's the deal: In this weeks Value City ad (which you probably get in the paper like me) there is a coupon for $10.00 off any purchase of 10 dollars or more. So basically you can take the coupon in to Value City grab a game that costs 9.99 and only pay tax on it (5 cents). Not a bad price for games or anything else in the store that's 9.99 if you ask me.

Value City is pretty much located in the north and east parts of the US. West and southern US don't have them. But this is a good deal, but VC doesn't carry much in the way of good games.

they got them in the midwest as well used to work for one of them back in the 90s for 1 day.

long story short another person working for them was teaching me how to stock shelves. Well they left a roll of 99 cent price tags out and the manager seen them on the floor and yell at both of us. the dude said im the one who left them out and i say screw you and walked out the door

[quote name='slidecage']they got them in the midwest as well used to work for one of them back in the 90s for 1 day.

long story short another person working for them was teaching me how to stock shelves. Well they left a roll of 99 cent price tags out and the manager seen them on the floor and yell at both of us. the dude said im the one who left them out and i say screw you and walked out the door[/quote]Did that happen at the VC on Coliseum Blvd., in Fort Wayne? I go there every once in a while, but not for games. I actually haven't seen a game there the last few times I went.

[quote=" only pay tax on it (5 cents). Not a bad price for games or anything else in the store that's 9.99 if you ask me.[/quote]

Where do you live? 5 cents tax for a ten dollar purchase?

[quote name='Samurai T'][quote name='slidecage']they got them in the midwest as well used to work for one of them back in the 90s for 1 day.

long story short another person working for them was teaching me how to stock shelves. Well they left a roll of 99 cent price tags out and the manager seen them on the floor and yell at both of us. the dude said im the one who left them out and i say screw you and walked out the door[/quote]Did that happen at the VC on Coliseum Blvd., in Fort Wayne? I go there every once in a while, but not for games. I actually haven't seen a game there the last few times I went.[/quote]

yeap thats the one. they didnt have the coupon in the FOrt wayne newspaper.. Then again i wouldnt take anything out of that store. That store has gone downhill big time since i left.

The place is a junk pile

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Hey guys I've got a pretty decent deal at Value City to report. The reason I say it's YMMV is im not sure if value city is a nation-wide chain of stores. So anyway if you have a Value City in your area chances are you have this deal. So anyway here's the deal: In this weeks Value City ad (which you probably get in the paper like me) there is a coupon for $10.00 off any purchase of 10 dollars or more. So basically you can take the coupon in to Value City grab a game that costs 9.99 and only pay tax on it (5 cents). Not a bad price for games or anything else in the store that's 9.99 if you ask me.[/quote]

Technically, you are wrong. You'd need to buy a 9.99 game and a small item like a pack of gum, as a coupon does not pay your tax... you're purchase would be 9.99 and not 10.00.

Besides that, it is a very good deal.
I just wanted to keep you nice and within the rules on this one.

This is highly YMMV and not at every Value City store. My local ad did not have the coupon (it almost sounds like one of those grand opening specials).

By the way, the only games I have seen at Value City are of the blister pack variety, but there are still some good deals to be found (especially with a $10 off coupon).

No Value City here in South Dakota. Man, there was one back in the Chicago area where I used to live. Anyway, thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

Value City only sells cheap games. If it has been out for awhile or is under $20 reg price, they may have it. They did get the new ESPN games in since they retail for $20. In my area I never saw a coupon plus I work for this company in the DCs that ship the merchandise to the stores... that gives me a 30% discount. Too bad I didn;t get the coupon, could have used it and my discount...

The coupon is here

http://circulars.valuecity.com/valu...2280086&rapid=75469&pagenumber=1&clicksrc=01&

Print this page out entirely and make sure it is in color or has the url from the site at the bottom. The Warren, MI Value City employees were stupid and would not take a friend's coupon because there was no url at the bottom of his print out. They claimed it was a photocopy. If you click the larger view of the coupon on their online ad, then last weeks coupon will pop up for some reason. Do not print out this larger view of the coupon because they will not take it as it is expired. The video games at the Warren store are at the front registers on the right side as you walk in. There was not too much there, but I did get Space Raiders for $5 for Gamecube. They also had Smugglers Run for Gamecube for $14.99, NFL 2k5 for $19.99, Primal for $19.99, Namco Museum for Gamecube for $19.99, Metroid Prime for $19.99, various budget ps1 games, various budget gba games, and other ps2, gamecube, and xbox games.

Value City's are located in the east?

er.....Not once have I heard of a store called Value City anywhere in Vermont,NH,New york,RI,Conn,mass,maine,nj,virginia,etc

What an assface!!

You posted this, the day the sale ended.

My store has a shitload of games, and that just sucks.

Nice try, but next time, post when we would have a chance.
:)

[quote name='drone8888']What an assface!!

You posted this, the day the sale ended.

My store has a shitload of games, and that just sucks.

Nice try, but next time, post when we would have a chance.
:)[/quote]

The dude's link says it expires on the 25th.

We have a number of Value City (and Value City Furniture) stores in North Carolina. There are 4 stores in Virginia, 4 in West Virginia, 4 in Georgia, 7 in New Jersey, 3 in Delaware and 18 in Pennsylvania. So they do have coverage in the South and northeast. I don't remember a Value City circular in my Sunday paper so I can't check for the NC area.

this may only be detroit area, because when i did the search the coupon did in fact come up. it has these details:

Valid 9/19/04 to 9/25/04 toward any purchase of $10 or more at participating Value City Department Stores. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Limit one per customer. Cannot be combined with any coupons or discounts. Not valid on clearance, layaway, gift certificates or at Value City Furniture Stores. No prior sales or photo copies. No cash back. Merchandise cannot be ordered on-line. However, as a handy shopping reference, you can create and print a shopping list to bring along to your nearest store!

here is a link to the image of the coupon itself:

http://images.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_li/600.0.90.0/Retailers/valuecity/040912_1_13slh_jpg.jpg

Just used this deal to pick myself up a 2 mile range bellsouth walkie. (Great for rec paintball games)

And for the .99 cents I paid for the gum it was worth it...

just so everyone knows, i can confirm that this is valid at the value city in roseville, michigan at macomb mall. i picked up mega man 8 and a nestle crunch carmel bar for a total of $0.61.

some other games they had were (prices after $10 off):
-shenmue 2 xbox - 4.99
-kill switch ps2- 9.99
-balder gate 1 ps2 - 4.99
-wheel of fortune ps2 - 9.99
-carve xbox - 4.99
-tony hawks pro skater 1 ps1 - free w/candy
-mega man 8 ps1 - free w/candy
-king of the fighters ex gba - 4.99

there were a few others, but those were the ones that stood out at me. they also have a rack of 7.99-9.99 dvds, though i wasn't into most of it. they did have "blue velvet", though, which i may go back to get later. there was also a bunch of "rocky", the original "manchurian candidate" (i would have bought it but i already own it), "west side story" normal version, "the producers", and a bunch of older wrestling dvds.

when i went to the register, i said "hello, how are you" to the girl, to which she replied "i thought you wasn't gonna say nothin' to me so i was gonna make you say somethin' to me." i was confused.

[quote name='thatstoobad']this may only be detroit area, because when i did the search the coupon did in fact come up. it has these details:

Valid 9/19/04 to 9/25/04 toward any purchase of $10 or more at participating Value City Department Stores. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Limit one per customer. Cannot be combined with any coupons or discounts. Not valid on clearance, layaway, gift certificates or at Value City Furniture Stores. No prior sales or photo copies. No cash back. Merchandise cannot be ordered on-line. However, as a handy shopping reference, you can create and print a shopping list to bring along to your nearest store!

http://images.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_li/600.0.90.0/Retailers/valuecity/040912_1_13slh_jpg.jpg[/quote]

The coupon that comes up ends on the 18th of September...

[quote name='Calico'][quote name='thatstoobad']this may only be detroit area, because when i did the search the coupon did in fact come up. it has these details:

http://images.crossmediaservices.com/dyn_li/600.0.90.0/Retailers/valuecity/040912_1_13slh_jpg.jpg[/quote]

The coupon that comes up ends on the 18th of September...[/quote]

Print out the front page of the ad in the link that I provided. Value City did not update the image of the coupon and the one that pops up is expired.

I'm glad some of you have taken my advice. It's much easier to just buy the 50 cent - $1 candy bar or extraneous purchase than to try to argue (incorrectly at that), that your sale should qualify if you are only purchasing a 9.99 game.

WTF are you all talking about????

There is no coupon until the 25th.

I just went through about 15 different cities, and they all are the same, minus a few disimilar pages.

This needs to end here.
;)

[quote name='drone8888']WTF are you all talking about????

There is no coupon until the 25th.

I just went through about 15 different cities, and they all are the same, minus a few disimilar pages.

This needs to end here.
;)[/quote]

i just went to the site. the image i posted is different from the one this morning, and so is the circular that they have on the site. either way, i used the real coupon from the real circular found in the macomb daily this past saturday or sunday, and i pretty much got a free mega man 8 game.

maybe they realized that $10 off a purchase of $10 is kind of a bad idea.

Value City updated the website and replaced the ad. The link provided by thatstoobad still works, so you may be able to get away with using that one.

Our store in West Virginia had a good variety of games. I was going to buy Mega Man 8, but I looked in their sealed case and hidden behind a couple copies of Test Drive for XBX was a nice copy of La Pucelle: Tactics. Needless to say I snatched that one up quickly.

theres a bunch of value cities aka shottensteins in ohio. in fact i see em more than super markets. if you get a young cashier and talk to them while you use the coupon they should still take it. otherwise....your screwed i now clarify this deal DEAD!

Sancho, there's a Value City on Rt 9 in NJ near Freehold... they are all over the place in the Roanoke / Lynchburg / Danville area of VA.

Theres another coupon in this weeks ad 9-26 to 10-02.

I'm going to use it to get that poker chip set they have.

Oh I don't think i mentioned this but i used last weeks coupon to get space channel 5 (ps2) for free and then i took it to gamerush and traded it in for 25 bucks i then used that to get the star wars trilogy dvds.

bread's done
Back