Value of a 60GB PS3

EvanflowDDT

CAG Veteran
I'm wanting to sell my old 60GB model Playstation 3 and I was wondering if I could get a few suggestions on a fair price to charge. Everything still works on the console.

My apologies. I could have sworn I had it in the right forum. Too many tabs open I guess. Is there a way to delete it or manually move it?

This needs to be moved over to the Request or Get Advice on a Video Game Deal section of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP

you are such a damn scholar.

anyways, let me help you with that...

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

needs more red and size Cheapy!

evilkaz.jpg

Five hundred ninety nine US dollars.

[quote name='cRodz']
edit to remove dickery
[/QUOTE]

The second poster got this right. He corrected the OP politely and directed him to the right forum. You, on the other hand...

[quote name='ZForce915']edit to remove pointlessness[/QUOTE]

we on the same boat buddy. we are posting pointlessness in this thread
sail to fail?

I'm trying to figure out how to delete it. It was a mistake. I meant to post it in a different forum. But fairly enough, it was my first post. So yeah, oops.

I would like to know this as well since I have one in my closet doing nothing, this doesnt beat a conversation I overheard at a gamestop once by an employee. One guy asked him for a 60GB BC PS3, gamestop dude told him, "sir those are long gone since they removed that feature, and if you have one is not worth hundreds... its worth thousands!!". How I wish he would be correct.

[quote name='EvanflowDDT']I'm trying to figure out how to delete it. It was a mistake. I meant to post it in a different forum. But fairly enough, it was my first post. So yeah, oops.[/QUOTE]

You can't, but a mod will likely move it to the right forum for you.

[quote name='myl0r']I'll give you $20

ps-wrong forum, you want the "Request of Get Advice on Video Game Deals" thread[/QUOTE]

I'll bid $30.

[quote name='EvanflowDDT']I'm trying to figure out how to delete it. It was a mistake. I meant to post it in a different forum. But fairly enough, it was my first post. So yeah, oops.[/QUOTE]
Thread Tools (left of "Search this thread" and "Rating") -> Moderation Tools -> Close Thread

lol you all guys have him afraid now. dont worry, nobody thinks your an ass. interntez nerdz in their moms basements tend to be rather finickey about such things. the rest of us don't think it's that big of a life threatening issue.

anyway, the 60g ps3 is the most valuable one. honestly, if you ever want to play ps3 again, id hold on to it.

[quote name='Drclaw411']lol you all guys have him afraid now. dont worry, nobody thinks your an ass. interntez nerdz in their moms basements tend to be rather finickey about such things. the rest of us don't think it's that big of a life threatening issue.

anyway, the 60g ps3 is the most valuable one. honestly, if you ever want to play ps3 again, id hold on to it.[/QUOTE]

no dr claw its just that the OP is too f ing selfish to look it up he expects us to spoon feed him!

you can get like 300 for them on ebay i sold mine a few months ago for 285 becuase there backwards compatable and have 4 usb ports there in higher demand

[quote name='cRodz']we on the same boat buddy. we are posting pointlessness in this thread
sail to fail?[/QUOTE]

No you two aren't in the same boat. Zforce's post had a point. He showed you can get a message across without being an asshole about it.

You are correct about yourself, though. Pointless fail.

The 60GB has PS2 hardware chips in them so they have higher compatibility rate (99+%) but it has more hardware failure rate than the later PS3 models - overheat, dead laser, etc.

The 80GB (Motostorm or MGS bundle) has PS2 CPU software emulation and GPU hardware in it. It has a slightly lower compatibility rate than the 60GB, and also slightly less failure rate than the 60GB.

Sony can repair your PS3 for $150 out of warranty, but not sure if they can keep refurnishing a replacement with PS2 support for you though.

[quote name='EvanflowDDT']I'm wanting to sell my old 60GB model Playstation 3 and I was wondering if I could get a few suggestions on a fair price to charge. Everything still works on the console.

My apologies. I could have sworn I had it in the right forum. Too many tabs open I guess. Is there a way to delete it or manually move it?[/QUOTE]

Depending on condition, $250 to $300 is the general eBay going rate for 60GB models; potentially more if some extras (controllers, games, etc.) are included. The high end would be for clean units with the warranty seal intact.

[quote name='eau']The 60GB has PS2 hardware chips in them so they have higher compatibility rate (99+%) but it has more hardware failure rate than the later PS3 models - overheat, dead laser, etc.

The 80GB (Motostorm or MGS bundle) has PS2 CPU software emulation and GPU hardware in it. It has a slightly lower compatibility rate than the 60GB, and also slightly less failure rate than the 60GB.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any evidence that 60GB Playstation 3 (which has a GPU, BTW) units are any more prone to hardware failure than any other unit. There isn't a PS3 model on the planet more prone to failure than the 40GB units that started using the dual-laser hardware. The primary issue with those was the use of substandard Blu-Ray laser diodes, but other design choices exacerbated the issue.

Frankly, I'd suggest that the earliest PS3 (prior to the Slim releases) models are likely to be the most reliable of the units; not the least. I also own 20GB and 60GB models and they're easily the best built. You can see that once you've opened up different models. Once Sony began cutting costs, things started going downhill; although the overall failure rates are certainly as good or better than industry standard for electronics.

It's a worthless gaming system, but as Blu Ray player it's better to keep as it is and will be the best Blu Ray player. I suppose the thought if I'm that desperate to get on the net this can do that is something too. Often I was using it to watch my tv shows that I transferred via SD card.

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's a worthless gaming system, but as Blu Ray player it's better to keep as it is and will be the best Blu Ray player. I suppose the thought if I'm that desperate to get on the net this can do that is something too. Often I was using it to watch my tv shows that I transferred via SD card.[/QUOTE]

Worthless as a gaming system. Use it to watch your TV shows.

Now, there's a waste of money, and time.

I sold my 60gb for $300 on craigslist a few months ago
There's a few services that will fix a ps3 for less then $150, one is a shop back east they charge around $100, another CAG recommended this guy from ebay and he did it for $80 with shipping

bread's done
Back