Valve Announces Counter Stike: Global Offensive coming early 2012

tumblr_llivgbgKxP1qfsm7o.gif

Cool, will get this for my Mac! Cool how they doing console releases too.. wonder what they're like compared and if they have some kind of cross platform connectivity.

CS will always be the game that introduced me to online FPS and hold a special place in my heart. Nothing like shooting through the curtains on 747.

Won't buy for two reasons:

1. Valve hasn't released HL2 episode 3 yet.

and

2. Counterstrike is responsible for the origination of the douchebaggery seen in today's first person shooter games: (teabagging, griefing, shotgun backpedaling, jump/spray and pray combos, etc).

[quote name='preston181']Won't buy for two reasons:

1. Valve hasn't released HL2 episode 3 yet.

and

2. Counterstrike is responsible for the origination of the douchebaggery seen in today's first person shooter games: (teabagging, griefing, shotgun backpedaling, jump/spray and pray combos, etc).[/QUOTE]

It's the game's fault people are stupid? I guess it's driving's fault people are so bad at driving too huh?

Dumb.

I can't wait to see some gameplay.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Can't wait. Especially being a XBLA title It's going to be cheap (perhaps $20 though?).[/QUOTE]
That's kinda uncommon, I can easily see $15 though. Heck the only XBLA games that are 1600 I think are Sam & Max seasons aren't they??

Anyway I'm totally buying the XBLA version and the PC version (can't get the most out of a Valve game if you're not on PC). Assuming it costs like $15-$20 of course.

gimme a glock and AWP and im set.

shit this game brings back A LOT OF MEMORIES. namely cs 1.5

*equips bomb*
*shoots twice*
*reload*
*jump*

i hope someone knows what that means lol

Someone really needs to firebomb Valve. That's all I could think when I read this. It's nothing against counterstrike, but just the bullshit wait on Ep3. If valve didn't do this episodic crap for HL2, then I wouldn't have cared so much, the wait for HL2 was pretty bad. But they specially chose to do the episodic releases to avoid the delay nightmare that was HL2.

I know it's just a trailer but after watching, I'm feeling a little mehhhh towards this.

Looks like an updated Source engine and not by much. The only thing that really stands out is the textures on the maps, player models look about the same and the guns in my opinion actually look worse than in Source now.

I don't know how I feel about cross platform, I got out of gaming on the PC a while ago, also after 6+ years of CS, I know I'm not going to enjoy playing against PC players because they will definitely have an advantage.

Definitely have to wait and see on this one now unfortunately.

i actually hope that the ps3 version will have a freebe for pc like it was with portal 2.
Xbox sucks really in that regard. Especially if you consider that you can chitchat etc.. via steam on ps3 but not on xbox.
I am really starting to hate the xbox and MS.

bread's done
Back