Vanquish $19.96 at walnart

I picked up a copy at Target recently in the electronics clearance section for $14.95. I only saw one copy at three stores (was looking for Infamous 2) but it's there if you can find it. They no longer had it on the rack with the rest of the 360 games. Sorry for the hijack, just letting ya know. :)

For anyone who owns this game, what is the level of frustration with this game? I played the demo and liked it a lot...until I drained the boss's life bar and he got a brand new full bar. Will I be dealing with that a lot in this game? I like a challenge, but on the fence with this game..

[quote name='fortunado']I picked up a copy at Target recently in the electronics clearance section for $14.95. I only saw one copy at three stores (was looking for Infamous 2) but it's there if you can find it. They no longer had it on the rack with the rest of the 360 games. Sorry for the hijack, just letting ya know. :)[/QUOTE]

I saw a ton of copies at Target for 14.XX for 360 too. I almost picked it up too, but I have such a backlog I knew I'd never get to play it. Not a bad deal though concidering Amazon currently gives 13.XX TIV for it. They also had a ton of PS3 copies, but those were 20.XX for some reason...

[quote name='kburns10']For anyone who owns this game, what is the level of frustration with this game? I played the demo and liked it a lot...until I drained the boss's life bar and he got a brand new full bar. Will I be dealing with that a lot in this game? I like a challenge, but on the fence with this game..[/QUOTE]

To me, this game has no frustrating parts, but I am an old school action gaming fan and dig difficulties in games like Ninja Gaiden. That boss in the demo have 2 phases. It's not cheap or anything. You just have to know the strategy and knock it down twice. The first phase is super easy to be honest. But, if you are having problems or frustration with that boss, wait til you play two of them together later in the game... and you can forget about playing the challenge mode after you beat the game. lol The key thing is don't play this shooter like other shooters, like hiding behind a wall and peek out to do a headshot. You must be constantly on the move and go in face to face from time to time.

Saw several copies in the store at that price so you may not need to do site to store.

My biggest disappointment of 09 but for $20, you'll get $20 worth of fun out of it, most likely.

[quote name='kburns10']For anyone who owns this game, what is the level of frustration with this game? I played the demo and liked it a lot...until I drained the boss's life bar and he got a brand new full bar. Will I be dealing with that a lot in this game? I like a challenge, but on the fence with this game..[/QUOTE]

The frustration level isn't too high until right about the end. I played on Hard and the new batch of enemies right near the end and the last boss are practically loaded with instant kill attacks the second you peak out of cover, putting a sting on the oft-repeated "Don't take cover" mantra. Even then, it isn't too bad if you use your Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch. It's not a particularly challenging game outside of those two segments, really.

But, yeah, you will take fewer bullets just mashing A to somersault forever in the middle of the battlefield than you would taking cover. It's bizarre in that sense.

Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']To me, this game has no frustrating parts, but I am an old school action gaming fan and dig difficulties in games like Ninja Gaiden. That boss in the demo have 2 phases. It's not cheap or anything. You just have to know the strategy and knock it down twice. The first phase is super easy to be honest. But, if you are having problems or frustration with that boss, wait til you play two of them together later in the game... and you can forget about playing the challenge mode after you beat the game. lol The key thing is don't play this shooter like other shooters, like hiding behind a wall and peek out to do a headshot. You must be constantly on the move and go in face to face from time to time.[/QUOTE]

After a try or so the first phase really was cake. I definitely agree with you in that sense. I've seen people say go fight the second phase on the ground (which I have yet to try). Yea, I'll pass on the Challenge Mode lol. I was a Sega kid, so I wasn't trained on "Nintendo Hard" :)

[quote name='RollingSkull']The frustration level isn't too high until right about the end. I played on Hard and the new batch of enemies right near the end and the last boss are practically loaded with instant kill attacks the second you peak out of cover, putting a sting on the oft-repeated "Don't take cover" mantra. Even then, it isn't too bad if you use your Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch. It's not a particularly challenging game outside of those two segments, really.

But, yeah, you will take fewer bullets just mashing A to somersault forever in the middle of the battlefield than you would taking cover. It's bizarre in that sense.[/QUOTE]

That does sound bizarre, but I'll keep the somersaulting in mind lol. I decided to take the plunge and do ship to store. It was a hard demo, but I enjoyed it a lot! Very frantic and very stylish.

bread's done
Back