Vanquish (360/PS3) $16.99 at Toys R Us

I see this a lot on here "Waiting for Amazon to price match". I hope you guys realize if everyone does this then, in the end, the stores actually offering the deals will not get the business the sales were meant to drive, ultimately go out of business, then Amazon will be the only one left standing and will have no reason lower any prices below MSRP. Just something to think about. A small percentage in tax is not a big deal, guys - and if you make it into a big deal, government will find a way to make even items from Amazon and other online retailers (not in your state) to charge tax.

[quote name='jsvalmont']I see this a lot on here "Waiting for Amazon to price match". I hope you guys realize if everyone does this then, in the end, the stores actually offering the deals will not get the business the sales were meant to drive, ultimately go out of business, then Amazon will be the only one left standing and will have no reason lower any prices below MSRP. Just something to think about. A small percentage in tax is not a big deal, guys - and if you make it into a big deal, government will find a way to make even items from Amazon and other online retailers (not in your state) to charge tax.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, these will likely sell out in store either way...sounds like you had a bad dream last night.

[quote name='Rhett']Perhaps it's worth submitting to Amazon? They're selling it for $30, heh.[/QUOTE]
I guess they just dropped the price. It's down to just under $25.

[quote name='Masquerade']Now to decide which system to get it on. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version supposedly doesn't have an issue with screen tearing like the 360 version does.

Didn't realize that TRU now had an in-store pickup option.

Ordered one for in-store pickup. We'll see how it goes in the next two hours. Time for my $27.99 copy to go back to KMart.

[quote name='shrike4242']Didn't realize that TRU now had an in-store pickup option.

Ordered one for in-store pickup. We'll see how it goes in the next two hours. Time for my $27.99 copy to go back to KMart.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I already got my p/u notification, about 30 mins after ordering..I wonder if we're supposed go to the normal CS counter or the counter in the video game department..if they were smart, it'd be the video game dept so you can casually browse other titles for a quick grab ;) :lol:

apparently the store pick up feature is new, according to the employee i talked to yesterday when i went to pick up dj hero 2. they have your items locked in a cage at customer service and they have you sign in on a log sheet to confirm you picked up your item. your receipt is the store pick up email so if you need to return an item, it'd be kinda hard to lose the receipt. and they email you right away that your item has been picked up once you do pick it up. pretty nice.

they're also pretty quick in picking items. i ordered dj hero 2 around midnight and the game was ready for pick up at 7:30 AM, even though the store opened at 10 AM. that's good service.

[quote name='jsvalmont']I see this a lot on here "Waiting for Amazon to price match". I hope you guys realize if everyone does this then, in the end, the stores actually offering the deals will not get the business the sales were meant to drive, ultimately go out of business, then Amazon will be the only one left standing and will have no reason lower any prices below MSRP. Just something to think about. A small percentage in tax is not a big deal, guys - and if you make it into a big deal, government will find a way to make even items from Amazon and other online retailers (not in your state) to charge tax.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Trump I think you are overreacting.
Have you ever considered which is exactly the ammount of money we CAGs represent to Amazon-Walmart-TrUs-Best Buy, etc?
We are a niche in the video game industry market. Soccer moms, kindly grandpas and Santa Claus are the majority and they mostly buy MSRP.

I may recommend you drink two piñas coladas and have a lot of sex before your next post ;)

[quote name='ryheeles']anybody else only seeing these at full price?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's weird. Search for it under clarence games. That's where I found it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Nope, that's weird. Search for it under clarence games. That's where I found it.[/QUOTE]

What's weirder is I had to use a different browser, and it still only showed up at $16.99 when I searched for it.

I called my store to see if Vanquish was 16.99 in-store also. They said it showed up as 39.99 ( I wanted to buy in-store since I have this $10 rewards coupon that is only for in-store use. ) I guess I'll have to wait a day or two and try again.

I cleared my cookies and closed the browser and went back in to the site and it still shows $39.99 for me. Good luck for those people that can get it for that price but it looks like it is only for some.

sweet post... PM'd it at BB today, used my $15 BB Reward Zone certificate, so came out to a little over $2!

I think it's probably worth that, right?

[quote name='Thrinn']I guess they just dropped the price. It's down to just under $25.
[/QUOTE]

That's a merchant. Amazon's copy is priced at $33.68 currently, which is what I meant.

I reported both copies, both on- and off-line. Do wanty. =X

In for one at $18.01 with tax. Thanks OP.
Now if they can get my order around before I leave work I can pick it up on my way home...

[quote name='Rhett']That's a merchant. Amazon's copy is priced at $33.68 currently, which is what I meant.

I reported both copies, both on- and off-line. Do wanty. =X[/QUOTE]

Oops, so much for that. :dunce:

I had it on my browser for $16.99 but couldnt pull the trigger. Then I went back to do the store pickup and now it says $40. Epic Mickey's price also went up too :/

[quote name='FerDK']Mr. Trump I think you are overreacting.
Have you ever considered which is exactly the ammount of money we CAGs represent to Amazon-Walmart-TrUs-Best Buy, etc?
We are a niche in the video game industry market. Soccer moms, kindly grandpas and Santa Claus are the majority and they mostly buy MSRP.

I may recommend you drink two piñas coladas and have a lot of sex before your next post ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm not overreacting, I'm just saying that people should support the companies that are actually being proactive about sales instead of price matching at online stores, and laying out the potential long term consequences of not supporting local stores.

Just got back from the local TRU (College Station, TX if interested). $18.39 after tax for the 360 version. The game is still labelled $39.99 on the pick ticket, but they had several copies on both Xbox and PS3.

Thanks OP, I've been wanting to try this one out.

Oh how do I love CAG! So many purchases made this past two weeks, man I really need to get a second job to just keep up with this site! Thanks very much OP! I've been wanting this one for a long while now.

[quote name='wild homes']Four in stock (two PS3, two 360) at TRU @ Westheimer and Greenridge, Houston. Confirmed price working. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Was it in-store price or in-store pickup?

[quote name='karekano126']I called my store to see if Vanquish was 16.99 in-store also. They said it showed up as 39.99 ( I wanted to buy in-store since I have this $10 rewards coupon that is only for in-store use. ) I guess I'll have to wait a day or two and try again.[/QUOTE]
You can have the store PM their own web site. Apparently this is a new corp policy and confirmed by a CAG that works at TRU. Prim444 I think. Props to him.

Heads up for those that cant see the $16.99 price... try a different browser if refreshing wont work.

Strange :whistle2:k

When I use Firefox is says $39.99... I added it to my cart and it said the same thing.
593b4f.png

I then used IE and it has the $16.99 price... also $16.99 in my cart.
c67981.png

[quote name='wrencrest']You can have the store PM their own web site. Apparently this is a new corp policy and confirmed by a CAG that works at TRU. Prim444 I think. Props to him.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the Toysrus guy who received the phone, went to Toysrus.com and to him, it showed up as $39.99 . I told him, could I print it out and bring it in store but he said even in that case, they wouldn't be able to price match.

^ The website's had weird browser/price discrepancies before. But in this case, I can see the $16.99 price with Firefox.

Is one version superior? I'm thinking of defaulting to 360 for achievements. Also I think I read somewhere the colors are brighter/more plentiful on the 360 version. Anyone know one way or the other? Console fanboys need not respond.

for a lot of people without a TRU near them or people who live in cities without cars, amazon is the most convenient option. if you don't have a car or a store near by, you also have to add $5+ in shipping to the total price. personally, i would only get it if amazon price matched, since i have a lot of credit and it would be no money out of pocket. so they are not actually losing business in my case (and likely in others' case as well) since they never had it to begin with.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is one version superior? I'm thinking of defaulting to 360 for achievements. Also I think I read somewhere the colors are brighter/more plentiful on the 360 version. Anyone know one way or the other? Console fanboys need not respond.[/QUOTE]

They're basically identical, the only difference being that PS3 has no screen tearing.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is one version superior? I'm thinking of defaulting to 360 for achievements. Also I think I read somewhere the colors are brighter/more plentiful on the 360 version. Anyone know one way or the other? Console fanboys need not respond.[/QUOTE]

When in doubt always go for the 360 version.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']When in doubt always go for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
That is not true. It may work most of the time, but not always. Case in point a couple posts above you state the 360 has some tearing and PS3 doesnt.

still showing up as $39.99. I only have IE here at work so no way to switch browsers. Well maybe I can just pick up my DJ Hero 2 tomorrow so I can just do one trip there. I will try my other browsers when I get home.

I refreshed the page many times and it was still $39.99 for me. I went and cleared the TRU cookie and refreshed the page and now its $16.99.

[quote name='prim4444']The $16.99 price is valid in store also. Good until 4/30[/QUOTE]

I called in and my store says that it's showing up as $39.99 and that they don't price match Toysrus.com. Hope everyone else's store isn't like that.

[quote name='karekano126']I called in and my store says that it's showing up as $39.99 and that they don't price match Toysrus.com. Hope everyone else's store isn't like that.[/QUOTE]

They probably read the price from the label. This is an unadvertised sale in store and there is no signage whatsoever to print out to let employees know. It is in the system to ring up at the register at $16.99. Checked on this about an hour ago before I left work. My store had maybe 7 or 8 copies waiting for in store pick ups.

All stores should be matching the .com prices. It sucks sometimes when stores are so uninformed.

Cool it finally worked($16.99 price for Vanquish as I still not sure why it took so long to show up in my browser) so I will get DJ Hero 2 Bundle and Vaquish for $40 including tax. Not bad at all.

bread's done
Back