Vanquish $40 @ Best Buy!

[quote name='RollingSkull']Disappointed thoroughly by Vanquish. I'd say hold for $15-$20.[/QUOTE]

Vanquish was awesome, I don't know what you are talking about. Yeah sure, it's short, but damn is it fun. That being said, it really only deserves to be $30 max for the amount of play you get out of it.

I know Amazon has it for $40 too BUT you have to wait. That's why i said in stores you can just walk in and get it now ; )

I got this a few months back at K-Mart for $35 and offset it by two people paying $10 each to borrow it. The game is great and I couldn't put it down. I got every trophy in the game besides one, freakin challenges are really challenging (surprising I know!)

This game is awesome btw. I've played vanquish, gears, transformers, and Army of two pretty much back to back. Vanquish gameplay is well above the rest. But gameplay is really the only great part of this game.

Vanquish was awesome, I don't know what you are talking about. Yeah sure, it's short, but damn is it fun. That being said, it really only deserves to be $30 max for the amount of play you get out of it.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

guys, this is an official universal price drop and not a sale for the game. I was looking to trade it in at gamestop and the clerks told me that the game (price of new) went down $20 this past friday. good game but too short

yeah its 39.99 at gamestop too. amazon tiv is $30 so if u aren't planning on keeping it u could just buy it, play it, beat it, and trade it in for say, one of the preorder games with $10 or $20 credit on amazon and essentially play the game for free while making your money back.

Tempting at that price even if it is an official drop, but I think I'll wait till it hits $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, the game gets much better over time as you get used to the guns and suit powers. Not a big TPS fan, but this has just enough 'oomph' to make it more fun than most.

[quote name='Darknuke']Vanquish was awesome, I don't know what you are talking about. Yeah sure, it's short, but damn is it fun. That being said, it really only deserves to be $30 max for the amount of play you get out of it.[/QUOTE]

I concur. You have to admit it was very fun while it last while disappointingly short and stands out much more better than any other shooter out there. The only reason people would be disappointed would be either they played it generic GoW style or there's no multiplayer.

[quote name='GordonG3cko']Vanquish, I'll see you when you hit $20.[/QUOTE]

Good call I paid $60 for it and got ripped .. sure its fast and pretty at times but it feels like one long ass level and its very short... Enemy Ai is pretty bland and its it the same few enemies you killing most of the time....

Platinum dropped the ball after Bayonetta

The replayability is in the scoring and style, not the actual length of the game. When will people grasp this? You can finish Super Mario 3 in under five hours, and its' length certainly doesn't devalue it.

Eh, the scoring and style just don't add a lot to Vanquish. They're not particularly well thought out, and on any respectable difficulty, the game punishes you hard if you try to get cute with it at all.

Seems like this thread is full of children, bawww too short wahhh =\ We paid twice for games only a half hour long almost 2 decades ago.

Is still deal dead? Its 59.99 on BB website. Anyone know if its on sale at the B&M?

Last edited by a moderator:
This game was great! The length was just right imo. Think about it.. what does a game with more length give you? Backtracking... stupid puzzles, go get the key and bring it back to this door, etc. Vanquish is pure action done well.

bread's done
Back