Vanquish PS3 back at $5 Best Buy

[quote name='wastedyears']Negative (or positive) thought has no impact on the outcome.[/QUOTE]

If you live your life thinking that, good luck.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If you live your life thinking that, good luck.[/QUOTE]
He's right though. Whether or not you are positive or negative about it doesn't affect this particular outcome. If you are positive about getting a job at an interview, it might make you more likely to get the job because it shows. In this case however, to think that it has any affect on the outcome is somewhat absurd, unless you believe in telepathy.

I am not seeing the shipping option enabled, and it is not available for pickup at any local stores. It's been like this for the last few hours, at least since others have been claiming to get it. Any ideas? Thanks.

I got a backordered email as well. If it goes through, great, if it gets canceled, I'll just take the money and buy a cheeseburger. Mmm, burger.

Got the backorder notice too, the wording of the email makes me think they won't be canceling the orders. :)

[quote name='tenike1']For $5 and change, why not? The order went through. If it gets cancelled, no biggie. If it ships, wonderful. Can't really lose on this one. My order went through as described. Now we can only hope for the best. Good luck, everybody.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say Fairy Tail is awesome!

[quote name='Rychy']Got the backorder notice, I take that as a good sign we'll actually be getting it. :)

Just wanted to say Fairy Tail is awesome![/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but probably not. I've had at least 5 backorders from them, not one of them got to me. Every one of them was cancelled after 3 weeks of keeping my money.

[quote name='dmdragon']Sorry to say, but probably not. I've had at least 5 backorders from them, not one of them got to me. Every one of them was cancelled after 3 weeks of keeping my money.[/QUOTE]

Way to tear my hope away. lol.

Still hoping it ships though, if not ... oh well.

[quote name='Cjrosa6']Just hit check out and it should give an address on record to sent it to and press confirm order.[/QUOTE]

OK, that works, at least as far as placing the order is concerned. We'll see where it goes from there. Thanks!

[quote name='Cjrosa6']Just hit check out and it should give an address on record to sent it to and press confirm order.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Got a backorder e-mail from them as well. Y'know, I might as well just cancel the order, not just out of negative thoughts but I don't think I'm willing to let $5 hanging in the clouds for long.

I ordered a copy. It's my experience with Best Buy that back ordered games get cancelled but movies do not unless they are "discontinued" as far as Best Buy is concerned. So I'm ready for my back ordered email and follow up cancellation one in a few weeks.

If something does get cancelled and it's still in stock in the stores; go in, pick up what you ordered, go to customer service and say I want this for the price I paid before my order was cancelled. Works every time for me.

BB was kind enough to refund me the difference for the BF price for Vanquish and Force Unleashed II CE, even though I ordered them mid-week. Got back like $7.xx, and my order has shipped. :)

I ordered it last saturday when this thread first appeared, and got a backordered email two days later. But now it shipped via STANDARD on 11/24/11, so i should have it monday or tuesday.

[quote name='ShadyAve']I ordered it last saturday when this thread first appeared, and got a backordered email two days later. But now it shipped via STANDARD on 11/24/11, so i should have it monday or tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Streamlite gets it to you in 3 days?

[quote name='Lucky13']I ordered a copy. It's my experience with Best Buy that back ordered games get cancelled but movies do not unless they are "discontinued" as far as Best Buy is concerned. So I'm ready for my back ordered email and follow up cancellation one in a few weeks.

If something does get cancelled and it's still in stock in the stores; go in, pick up what you ordered, go to customer service and say I want this for the price I paid before my order was cancelled. Works every time for me.[/QUOTE]

I'd hold out until the next email. I actually got the backordered email for Force Unleashed CE and then it got shipped along with a price adjustment. The Vanquish backordered email said it would take 1-2 weeks. Vanquish isn't a limited item, so I'm sure they'll get more copies and ship them out. Just stay lockedas in on the order.

I saw Vanquish mentioned in the other SWII thread so after I bought SWII, i searched for Vanquish on the BB site (instead of finding this thread)...
long story short, i ordered Vanquish PS3 for 4.99, but it was pre-owned (the only one that came up via the BB search). I have no recent BB ordering experience... should i try to cancel that order and re-buy it via this link to the new one, or is it not that big of deal (for example, is there no online code that comes in new copies ov Vanquish)

Not a big deal either way, there is no online mode except leaderboards; so no online pass. I'd prefer a fresh copy for game industry support and sanitary reasons. If you can't get it to cancel online, you can return it in-store, I believe.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']Not a big deal either way, there is no online mode except leaderboards; so no online pass. I'd prefer a fresh copy for game industry support and sanitary reasons. If you can't get it to cancel online, you can return it in-store, I believe.[/QUOTE]

And, for the same price!

Today there were seven copies of the 360 version in the bargain bin at the front of the 19803 Best Buy, but not a single copy of the PS3 version.

I got the 360 version back in February, but I would have bought the PS3 version today if they had it to experience the game again and pick up a bunch of pretty easy trophies.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Today there were seven copies of the 360 version in the bargain bin at the front of the 19803 Best Buy, but not a single copy of the PS3 version.
.[/QUOTE]

Do you recall the price of the 360 version? id like to get the game but for xbox.

It's obvious the BB site is screwed up. It's letting through orders for all items that went OOS earlier. It can't be a coincidence, and I can't see these not getting cancelled.

Now that I look at my inbox more closely, they haven't actually charged me for any of the games that I ordered during their sale.

I'd love my $5 copy of Vanquish to be sure but that's not nearly as important as the gifts that I ordered for other people.

[quote name='dios']Do you recall the price of the 360 version? id like to get the game but for xbox.[/QUOTE]

No price on it, but it was in the really cheap bargain bin, not the $19.99 bargain bin.

[quote name='darksurtur']It's obvious the BB site is screwed up. It's letting through orders for all items that went OOS earlier. It can't be a coincidence, and I can't see these not getting cancelled.[/QUOTE]

For $5 it's worth a shot, I think.

Nice, I was able to submit the order! Thanks for the heads up, hopefully they don't cancel. If so, oh well. The game is worth trying for $5, not like I'm losing out on much here.

Well I ordered it, hopefully it will ship! Makes me wonder if I should have tried to just order some of the out of stock deals on Friday...

That's weird... I was able to force the order for the BioShock LE the other day but I can't force one for Vanquish.

That's okay though; I know its only $5 but it would have probably never gotten played.

bread's done
Back