Vanquish PS3/XBOX360 at Amazon for $30

[quote name='gotdott']It's been that price for a while. It dropped to $27 for the 360 briefly. Also both versions are available in AWD for $20.99[/QUOTE]
\

i cannot find it for 21, can you give me a link, plz?

[quote name='gotdott']It's been that price for a while.[/QUOTE]

^ Yep.

Edit: This is probably the lowest I've seen on Amazon ($29.54 — Ships from and sold by Amazon.com). Still wondering if it would drop a bit more or what.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OnettHero']Not much of a deal.
I think its 27.99 at kmart[/QUOTE]
With tax it would be more than Amazon. :roll:

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']ahhh... i was looking for the ps3 version..[/QUOTE]

It probably sold out in the last hour then, it was up for the same price

[quote name='Zaku77']I got such a win with this game. I just got the UK steelbook for $35 shipped. WIN![/QUOTE]

oooh, there's a steelbook for this? any good leads on where I could snag a copy? I love this game and I'd be happy to snag a steelbook for it to collect.

I got mine off ebay.co.uk If you can find auctions instead of buy it now, you will save money compared to buying from game/play/hmv etc. 90% of the time.

[quote name='Pescado Plus']I'm backlogged enough to wait until this hits $20.[/QUOTE]

Yup, $20 is my sweet spot.

[quote name='AgentW']is the UK version region locked? Or could I play it on my ntsc xbox?[/QUOTE]

Even if it wasn't region protected, wouldn't a PAL version run at a different speed on an NTSC TV? Maybe that's only an issue if you use a European console on a NTSC TV. I've never imported a European game and am curious about that.

No lol game's don't run at different speeds. I don't know if it's region locked, it's not here yet. It's a simple trip back and forth to gamestop to fix that issue though [if you catch my drift ;)]

[quote name='Zaku77']No lol game's don't run at different speeds. I don't know if it's region locked, it's not here yet. It's a simple trip back and forth to gamestop to fix that issue though [if you catch my drift ;)][/QUOTE]

What is that supposed to mean? The game disc likely has PAL stamped on it, so how would visiting Gamestop help? Many Xbox 360 games are region locked and if you don't have an HDTV, many games don't output at the proper video sync rate. So, actually they do run at different speeds.

[quote name='OnettHero']Same with me.
$20 looks like the perfect price for this, or less...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Hoping this goes to $20 soon, too.

I snagged a $20.99 Like New-Used copy on Amazon just now. Worth it to keep checking if you don't care about the plastic wrapper part of the equation.

[quote name='bojay1997']What is that supposed to mean? The game disc likely has PAL stamped on it, so how would visiting Gamestop help? Many Xbox 360 games are region locked and if you don't have an HDTV, many games don't output at the proper video sync rate. So, actually they do run at different speeds.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a gamestop employee smart enough to notice the difference between a PEGI or ESRB rating. Of the many imported 360 games I have, 2 of them have been region locked, so it's really a matter of luck I suppose. I had never even heard of the tv issue. I guess it's such a thing of the past it doesn't even matter anymore lol

[quote name='Thrinn']Even if it wasn't region protected, wouldn't a PAL version run at a different speed on an NTSC TV? Maybe that's only an issue if you use a European console on a NTSC TV. I've never imported a European game and am curious about that.[/QUOTE]

PS3 = So far all games are region free and will work on any system.

Xbox 360 = It really depends on the game whether it is region locked or not. Look more toward Asia than Europe on 360 region free games.

Also, everyone worldwide has adopted the 720p/1080i/1080p standard on HD. Games these days SHOULD be region free because there are no issues with displays anymore.

Standard definition games like on the N64 generation, etc. displayed in 480i in NTSC regions and 576i in PAL regions. This is why you cannot play a PAL N64 game on a NTSC N64 console. An American SDTV cannot display @ 576i.

[quote name='4tygames']PS3 = So far all games are region free and will work on any system.

Xbox 360 = It really depends on the game whether it is region locked or not. Look more toward Asia than Europe on 360 region free games.

Also, everyone worldwide has adopted the 720p/1080i/1080p standard on HD. Games these days SHOULD be region free because there are no issues with displays anymore.

Standard definition games like on the n64 generation, etc. displayed in 480i in NTSC regions and 576i in PAL regions. This is why you cannot play a PAL N64 game on a NTSC N64 console.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, cool. I started importing console games this generation, and it doesn't matter for handhelds, so I never even knew that. Thanks for that little lesson lol

I just liked the suit's effects. I can overload the suit in the demo just fine and found an online playthrough quite boring in the whitewhitewhitewhitewhite level design.

Bought is for $28 at KMart. Great game with some flaws.
The story is non-sensical and the gameplay is really short and doesn't evolve much being "Shoot the crap out of that thing!" but the fun factor is off the charts. It took me around 9 hours to beat it on Hard (mainly cause I was at the final boss for over an hour, just dying over and over to pick up and max the weapons so I could finally beat the boss) and I've heard most people beat it in 6:30 hours on Normal.

I'd say $20 is more the sweet spot for this game, but the high reviews are somewhat deserved by the fun factor alone.

[quote name='marineal']will be $15 by june, game bombed hard[/QUOTE]

is the game really that bad? i heard good things about this game especially from Classic Game Room HD review from youtube....

knock off another $10-15 and you have yourself a deal.

i enjoyed the demo, thought it was better than gears, but it also seems like a game where i'd only play through once.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']is the game really that bad? i heard good things about this game especially from Classic Game Room HD review from youtube....[/QUOTE]

It's got all the internets love it can eat. People sing its praises right and left.

Me? I was thoroughly bored by it. Did not enjoy it, felt my money was wasted. Apparently Platinum has to make a couple of total stinkers like Madworld and Vanquish to put out good stuff like Bayonetta.

That said, $15-20 is what it should be by now and is a decent price for what little it offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was worth the $60 I paid day of. $30 is a no brainer. Best third person shooter on the market to date. Platinum Games keeps on putting out the hits.

I loved the demo played it for like 2 weeks till I beat it then never touched it again. I think I can wait for 10 to 20 cuz I know Ill only play it once.

[quote name='gamerpro4000']is the game really that bad? i heard good things about this game especially from Classic Game Room HD review from youtube....[/QUOTE]

Well I'm going to take the opposite end of RollingSkull and say that it's a thoroughly enjoyable game! Platinum makes quality games and I think the reason someone it said bombed was more about the sales. Review wise it has gotten solid reviews, and frankly it's just flat out fun.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Well I'm going to take the opposite end of RollingSkull and say that it's a thoroughly enjoyable game! Platinum makes quality games and I think the reason someone it said bombed was more about the sales. Review wise it has gotten solid reviews, and frankly it's just flat out fun.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Granted I would own it by now, but I picked up the demos last week after putting it down for a month ago and I still had fun playing it. I hear there is a scoreboard mode and it has a high difficulty curve. So I'd love to own it.

this was my favorite game released last year on any platform. it is really short though. That didnt bother me much b/c I dont have a ton of time anymore to play games. Honestly though, Id say you should just rent it b/c of its length- even at 30 bucks.

bread's done
Back