various games 9.99 - 14.99 at Target YMMV

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
nothing too special but I saw some of these today at the local targets there were lots more I can't recall them all right now...

Death by Degrees
GodFather (xbox)
Malice
Xenosaga 2

Devil Kings

Yeah I saw several titles also when I was there. One of particular interest, for Pokemon fans at least, was Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for $14.99.

I almost bought Devil Kings, but I have so many unplayed games as it is I decided against it.

I think my Target has DefJam Icon for PS3. They've got a ton of games they are trying to get rid of, but not really anything special.

I can't remember the exact date, but Target is phasing out their clearance items in all departments for the holidays. I think it may be a week or two prior to Black Friday, then they'll either pull it off the shelves or mark the price up on it.

[quote name='cranguy']This sounds like the same assortment of budget games that fye has.[/quote]
my FYE is about a year behind the times, sadly

also, I guess this means I can finally pick up Xenosaga 2

almost seems like all the stores are slowly jumping on this "Front Row" type of game layout since Bestbuy has had success with it.

Works for me because sometimes they lay these pre-priced games out that I have not seen in stores for ages.

Yeah, this is definitely not some short term deal but rather shift in merchandizing...At one of my local targets, they took one whole side of an aisle, replaced the shelves with DVD style display racks to sell only $10-15 dollar games...and the greatest hits endcap is still there too. This gaming aisle isn't fully stocked as of yet, but it looks like they'll have 50 or so sub $20 games for various platforms...And unlike BB's front row games (which are somewhat random assortments and BB doesn't actually know which games are being sold...the SKU is is just front row game-PS2 or Xbox, etc), Target is giving a SKU to each game as well a shelf tag, so its extremely likely that the same items will be restocked over time. No obvious kick ass deals as of yet but there may be some OK games at a good price for the less hardcore market.

[quote name='K_G']Yeah, this is definitely not some short term deal but rather shift in merchandizing...At one of my local targets, they took one whole side of an aisle, replaced the shelves with DVD style display racks to sell only $10-15 dollar games...and the greatest hits endcap is still there too. This gaming aisle isn't fully stocked as of yet, but it looks like they'll have 50 or so sub $20 games for various platforms...And unlike BB's front row games (which are somewhat random assortments and BB doesn't actually know which games are being sold...the SKU is is just front row game-PS2 or Xbox, etc), Target is giving a SKU to each game as well a shelf tag, so its extremely likely that the same items will be restocked over time. No obvious kick ass deals as of yet but there may be some OK games at a good price for the less hardcore market.[/QUOTE]
This is exactly what my Target has done.

There are some decent deals to be had... I've spotted Xenosaga 2 (fye) and
Raw Danger (Kmart) at $9.99 each. Not amazing but OK games for good prices.

If they're being sold en masse for cheap, it makes me wonder if the better games will have any collectors value down the road. From what I've seen, good games with strong franchises seem to keep their value down the road, no matter how cheap they were marked down originally.

[quote name='cranguy']This sounds like the same assortment of budget games that fye has.[/quote]

Didn't most FYE stores clear out their video game selection?

I have also seen a few games like this, mainly one being Puzzle Quest DS for $14.99, I will from now on look for games like these, thanks OP!

[quote name='paddlefoot']Didn't most FYE stores clear out their video game selection?[/quote]Only some. The 2 closest to me still have full selection.

bread's done
Back