Various sale @ Fred Meyer

eau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I went to Fred Meyer this morning and saw the game cases were full of yellow sale tags.

Some highlights that I can remember:

:360: Halo Reach $29.99 (this week ad)
:360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption $29.99 (this week ad)

:360: Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks $9.99
:360: Far Cry 2 $9.99
:360: Velvet Assassin $9.99
:360: Operation Darkness $9.99
:psp: Disgaea Infinite $9.99
:psp: Silent Hill: Shattered Memory $9.99
:psp: Indiana Jones King of Staff $9.99
:psp: Motorstorm Arctic Edge $9.99
:360::ps3: Saboteur $9.99
:360::ps3: Saints Row 2 $9.99
:360: Devil May Cry CE $14.99
:360: Resident Evil Gold Edition $19.99
:360: Dead to Rights: Retribution $19.99
:360: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $9.99
:360::ps3: Ultimate Alliance 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $14.99
:360::ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $14.99
:wii: Klonoa $9.99
:wii: Resident Evil $14.99 (forgot which one, it's $30 msrp)
:ds: GTA Chinatown Wars $9.99

There are tons of games on sale and a lot at 50% off.

There is also a 15% off game accessory coupon in the weekly flyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']
There is also a 15% off game accessory coupon in the weekly flyer.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if the Rock Back keyboard is still $59.99? Or was that just a sale a couple of weeks ago?

[quote name='regis100']Anyone know if the Rock Back keyboard is still $59.99? Or was that just a sale a couple of weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

I got one last week for $54. The coupon (10% off accessories) worked for me then unlike a few weeks back when it didn't work when my wife bought one (which we returned).

The tag said the sale was though 1/29 though. I posted that in the old thread about the keyboard sale. Now, there's a chance they simply renewed that sale but I know at least at one point it was supposed to end last week. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though - might as well get that extra $3 back if I can ;).

Drove by at lunch and noted down a few more highlights. Added to the OP.

I was going to price adjust a game but didn't realize it's past 30 days. So no adjustment or exchange. Doh!

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Disgaea Infinite for $10 you say?
Well, it'd appear I have a trip to make after work tonight. =|[/QUOTE]
Mind you. This is not a typical Disgaea game but more of a visual novel thing. It seems to have a low print run and is getting hard to find. Even NISA store ran out of stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove by at lunch and noted down a few more highlights. Added to the OP.

I was going to price adjust a game but didn't realize it's past 30 days. So no adjustment or exchange. Doh!

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Disgaea Infinite for $10 you say?
Well, it'd appear I have a trip to make after work tonight. =|[/QUOTE]
Mind you. This is not a typical Disgaea game but more of a visual novel thing. It seems to have a low print run and is getting hard to find. Even NISA store ran out of stock.

Willing to pay $20 plus shipping if someone could get me a good copy (no dings) of DMC4. Or I'll CYL.

Sorry, there's no Fred Meyer trade list or I'd ask in there.

[quote name='eau']Mind you. This is not a typical Disgaea game but more of a visual novel thing. It seems to have a low print run and is getting hard to find. Even NISA store ran out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm well aware what it is. =) I simply hadn't grabbed it up yet, and $10 sounds like a very nice price point.

It seems like we're in Freddys once a week for something... (Milk,Cereal,yogurt,poptarts) but damn, I don't really need any more games.

I scored Dynasty Gundam Warriors 2 for the 360 for $19.99. Amazing deal considering how rare the game is nowadays.

Anyways, just to let ya guys know, most of the sales end on Feb 26 when I checked the tags, Reach and RDR excluded. So I should have enough time to decide whether or not to get RE5 Gold edition.

Also, they're selling the Fallout 3 Collector's Edition for PS3 for $24.99. The tag was actually next to the Game of the Year Edition I was going to pick up, but the actual tag said Collector's. The Freddies I was at had 3 in stock at $39.99 a piece. I asked him to check and see if it was actually the Collector's on sale, and low and behold, it was. $27.04 after tax. This a good deal? I was going to get this game eventually, but it's so damn cheap ($14.99 for the regular edition on Amazon). In essence, I think I just paid $13 for the box and extras, right? Think it's worth it to try and get the GOTY edition for $24.99 instead?

Got GTA Chinatown Wars $10.

They also have Prototype for $15; Zelda Twilight Princess for $30, Sin & Punishment for $20, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for $20.

When Halo Reach first came out my nearest Fred Meyer must've had like 150 (!!!!) copies in stock, and all this time later and on sale for $29.99, I'm sure there's still over 100 in there. They sure overshot that one. And one Xbox fanboy on here tried to claim they'd sell them all really quickly.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Any word on how long this sale goes on for?
Might check it out when I'm at home this weekend if it is still going on[/QUOTE]

Unless they're a limited time "weekend only" type of sale, it should be weeklong just like the weekly ad. For these unadvertised sales, sometimes they go longer and there should be an end date on the ad signs.

[quote name='kulaguy']I scored Dynasty Gundam Warriors 2 for the 360 for $19.99. Amazing deal considering how rare the game is nowadays.[/QUOTE]
I would snatch the PS3 version instantly if I see it for that price. Unfortunately, I've been to a few Freddys in my area (in the past couple of months) and none seemed to have it. I have the PS3 version of the first game, so naturally I want the second game on the same platform.

Have a couple more to add to the list. I was just at a Fred Meyer here in Boise, ID. Saw the following for the Wii:

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars - $19.99
Wario Land: Shake It! - $19.99
Animal Crossing : City Folk $19.99

Also, saw the original Wii remotes (without the motion plus) for $19.99. They also had a few Wii Speaks (haha) on clearance for ~$23 or so.

Almost grabbed TvC...almost.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']DMC4 CE $15 sounds real good. Unfortunately I don't think there are any in my area :/ Maybe (emphasis on maybe) I could buy one off a CAG?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where you are, but the Gresham Fred Meyer has 2 of the 360 ones.

saw Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions PS3 on sale for $19.99
Xbox 360 didn't have a sale tag and didn't have time to investigate further.

There was a huge rack of games marked down to $9.99 from $19.99

Some of the :ps3: titles I remember...

Lego Rock Band
Dark Void
Star Wars Clone Wars
some Tom Clancy game (?)

:ds:
Mostly shovelware stuff. Some of the 'imagine' games. "Sonny with a Chance"
uhm. Spiderman Web of shadows ?

we were in a hurry and I didnt have much time to look.

I checked it out last night. I saw

Lego rock band for 9.99 xbox360

pretty sweet deal, would have bought if I didn't already have it

When I went back to exchange my damaged copy of DW2Gundam for a new one, I also noticed that they had Ace Attorney Investigations for $14.99. So there's a headsup if anyone's interested in that.

Many thanks as always, eau. Picked up the last 360 "Resident Evil 5 Gold" on my way from work at the Salmon Creek district of Vancouver's FM last night. Can't wait to fire this puppy up over the weekend!

Wow, outstanding deals. The Freddies in Corvallis has LOTS of games still. Picked up 1 of the last 3-4 DMC4 Collector's Editions $15, and got Lego Rock Band for the kids, $10. Not sure if Medal of Honor Collectors is universally at $40, but I noticed that too. Since when did FM have such a good selection, with overall low prices? I know they have sales sometimes, but for non-sale items, I thought $59.99 was the standard.

[quote name='berzirk']Wow, outstanding deals. The Freddies in Corvallis has LOTS of games still. Picked up 1 of the last 3-4 DMC4 Collector's Editions $15, and got Lego Rock Band for the kids, $10. Not sure if Medal of Honor Collectors is universally at $40, but I noticed that too. Since when did FM have such a good selection, with overall low prices? I know they have sales sometimes, but for non-sale items, I thought $59.99 was the standard.[/QUOTE]

Freddy's has been good deals on marked down games. Because of relatively limited space, they have to mark down the older titles to get them out of the stores so there's room for the new ones. Of course, my employee discount helps too. :)

I also noticed a coupon for a free copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns with purchase of Wii, but it expires on Feb 5th. Also, the Bioshock 2 CE is marked down to $39.99.

[quote name='hellhunde']Freddy's has been good deals on marked down games. Because of relatively limited space, they have to mark down the older titles to get them out of the stores so there's room for the new ones. Of course, my employee discount helps too. :)[/QUOTE]

They're also not the first store people rush to for buying games, so bargains can be had later on.

When Halo Reach came out, my local Best Buy had a stand near the entrance that was practically picked bare (except for the big Legendary Editions). My Fred Meyer still has over 100 regular Halo Reach copies in the cabinet.

[quote name='regis100']Anyone know if the Rock Back keyboard is still $59.99? Or was that just a sale a couple of weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

I saw the sticker still at my Freddies in Corvallis, though it was up top so it may have just been an expired tag.

Need to remember to get that copy of DMC4 CE....

[quote name='Moradeth']I saw the sticker still at my Freddies in Corvallis, though it was up top so it may have just been an expired tag.

Need to remember to get that copy of DMC4 CE....[/QUOTE]

Corvallis has at least 3 more! Go Beavs.

Picked up the last copy of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (360) at the Bellevue Fred Meyer. Also saw:

Wet $15
X-Men Origins: Wolverine $15

I'll probably pick those up next week.

I just got back from the Tigard FM, where they had Bionic Commando (PS3) for $5.99. The game wasn't even on my radar before today, but for the price of a cheap lunch I figured why not snag it? :D

Just picked up the xbox360 version of FEAR 2 for $9.99. I'm not sure if that price holds for the PS3 version as well since my local store didn't have any copies in stock.

Was just in shopping at my local FM and I had no clue about this, but I was shocked to see all the yellow stickers at 9.99, 14.99, and 19.99. Most were sold out or shovelware.

Big fan of Pitch Black, so I had to pick up :ps3:The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $9.99

I want to punch myself for not getting Lunar: Silver Star Harmony $15 when I saw it the other day. Now it is gone in every FM.

Shopping @ Fred Meyer and they put out the yellow sale tags again, lots of them. Few titles I can remember:

:ps3::360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition $14.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $14.99
:ps3: Star Wars the Clone Wars $9.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Prototype $14.99
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint $14.99
:ps3: Wet $14.99

:psp: Disgaea Infinite $9.99
:psp: Lunar: Silver Star Harmony $14.99
:psp: Dissidia Final Fantasy $9.99

Many more on sale...looks like they are still trying to unload certain titles

[quote name='callmewoof']I don't have one even remotely near me, but what is Fred Meyer anyway? A Kmartey-Walmartey-Grocereyey-Targetey type place?[/QUOTE]
A super walmartey/targetey type place. At least in the Northwest it was the first of the all in one stores, having been a one stop shopping store as far as I can remember back, so for at least 30 years.

bread's done
Back