VC games STARTING at 5, 8, and 10 dollars

Plinko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Does the fact that the screen Nintendo showed of Virtual Console prices had the games "STARTING AT" those prices worry anybody else?

Not too much. Are they really going to try to pawn off an N64 game at the same cost as a budget Wii title? Laughable if so, and no one will bite, and prices will suddenly lower.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Where are all the people saying it was going to be free?[/QUOTE]
Did anyone ever say that? I don't even remember that being a rumor.

Anyway, I'm just pumped about the list of companies that are in on it:

# D4E
# Atlus
# Bandai Namco Games
# Banpresto
# Capcom
# Chun Soft
# Enterbrain
# HAL Laboratory Inc.
# Hudson
# Irem
# Jaleco
# Kemco
# Koei
# Konami
# Masaya
# Net Farm
# PAON
# Rocket company
# Sega
# Taito
# Takara Tomy
# Tecmo
# Sunsoft
# Square Enix

( http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732802p1.html )

Mega Man? Sonic? Castlevania? Ninja Gaiden? Check, Check, Check, and Check. That does it for me, and I know a LOT of people are jumping up and down about SE in the mix. I may nab Chrono Trigger is it goes up.

$5 for Super Mario Bros =Boo
$8 For MArio RPG =Sweet
$10 for Harvest Moon 64/ Paper MArio 64= sweet.

I'm not too big on the $5 NES games, but certain games at $8 and $10 would be well worth it. This is one of the major things I disagree with Nintendo on, however, as a more attractive price point would be $3, $6, and $8 respectively.

Reality's Fringe;2196559]$5 for Super Mario Bros =Boo $8 For MArio RPG =Sweet $10 for Harvest Moon 64/ Paper MArio 64= sweet. I'm not too big on the $5 SNES games said:
I don't doubt that we'll see some sales on either the points or the games in the system. They'll milk the nostalgic dorks for all their worth first, and then bring the prices down as new games come out. Compared the GBA "Classics" line at $20 a pop, $5 for an NES doesn't seem to bad. Not that $5 is a fair price, but compartively speaking, it's alright.

[quote name='Plinko']Does the fact that the screen Nintendo showed of Virtual Console prices had the games "STARTING AT" those prices worry anybody else?[/QUOTE]

It seems awfully high priced.

Maybe a 2/4/6 price point would make more since.

I just hope people DONT buy them at those insane prices Forcing nintendo to lower the price to more reasonable levels.

A FEW games will justify the price. But a blanket pricing structure sucks at those prices.

[quote name='daroga']Did anyone ever say that? I don't even remember that being a rumor.

# D4E
# Atlus
# Bandai Namco Games
# Banpresto
# Capcom
# Chun Soft
# Enterbrain
# HAL Laboratory Inc.
# Hudson
# Irem
# Jaleco
# Kemco
# Koei
# Konami
# Masaya
# Net Farm
# PAON
# Rocket company
# Sega
# Taito
# Takara Tomy
# Tecmo
# Sunsoft
# Square Enix

Mega Man? Sonic? Castlevania? Ninja Gaiden? Check, Check, Check, and Check. That does it for me, and I know a LOT of people are jumping up and down about SE in the mix. I may nab Chrono Trigger is it goes up.[/quote]
Thanks for the list, I had not heard that SE was on board officially. That makes me happy for some solid SNES goodness. And Atlus can finally let me play Ogre Battle again.

[quote name='botticus']Thanks for the list, I had not heard that SE was on board officially. That makes me happy for some solid SNES goodness. And Atlus can finally let me play Ogre Battle again.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if that'll happen. Square currently hold the rights to Ogre Battle but they got it years ago and haven't done anything with it.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']
I just hope people DONT buy them at those insane prices Forcing nintendo to lower the price to more reasonable levels.
[/QUOTE]
I don't doubt that this may happen, but what's an example of Nintendo recognizing high demand at a lower price and consequently adjusting their prices? All within a relatively short timespan (within 6 months)?

I was expecting to be put off by VC prices, and if I had my druthers it would be $1.25, $2.50, and $4.00 for the original ROMs. Additional content for the games would be sold separately for extra cash. I've bought some of the Nintendo games so many times over than anything in excess of those prices would make me hesitate and wind up not buying anything.

Nintendo should use the VC as a chance to bring more gamers into the fold and introduce them to various IPs. Treating the VC like a cash cow is just going to put people off: the nostalgic gamers that would snap things up at lower prices get pissed, and the non-gamers who don't understand much will look at a $5 price tag on a 20 year old game and wonder why they should pay that for 8-bit.

It's kind of bad that the nes games are 5.00 each. That's how much real nes games cost in the stores.Then again it might be worth it for those games that are hard to find and expensive like dragon warrior 4.

How much games do you think the wii can hold in its console?

They're selling the Points (or Coins, or whatever they're calling them) via cards, right? So, technically, you could use the GGC to get a $20 for $15, right? That makes it a little bit better.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Where are all the people saying it was going to be free?[/quote]

I don't remember people saying they were going to be free, but something like buying a Wii game and getting an NES game for free or something.

My example was buying the new super mario and getting a VC mario for free, something like that. Something to tie the new stuff with the old VC stuff since the franchise has been going so long.

Wait, why are people bitching about the prices of these things? Most NES, SNES, and N64 games by these companies being sold on a standardized selling platform, like Ebay, you'll be paying ALOT more than $5 for something like Dragon Warrior or Mega Man or Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden.

I think these prices are great, espically since XBLA is $5 for an arcade game, people on the Wii get an NES game for $5. I really think it's a fair price, there is no basis at all to bitch about price.

I just want to know when a list of VC games will be coming out.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wait, why are people bitching about the prices of these things? Most NES, SNES, and N64 games by these companies being sold on a standardized selling platform, like Ebay, you'll be paying ALOT more than $5 for something like Dragon Warrior or Mega Man or Castlevania.

I think these prices are great, espically since XBLA is $5 for an arcade game, people on the Wii get an NES game for $5.[/quote]
People like to think that they can get any NES game for $1.99 at EB. But unfortunately eBay is about the only place most people can get games anymore, and just shipping charges will make most games more than $5.

[quote name='botticus']People like to think that they can get any NES game for $1.99 at EB. But unfortunately eBay is about the only place most people can get games anymore, and just shipping charges will make most games more than $5.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The cold hard truth is that unless you get extremely lucky, you're not going to be paying $5 - $8 for a Capcom, Konami, or Square Enix old school game cart any time soon. Then once you get the cart, just hope the battery dosen't die, that it works in your NES / SNES, that it's not all beat to hell.

I mean, cmon, people are paying $5 for shit like Gauntlet on XBLA, and people with the Wii will, in theory, pay $5 for Castlevania or Mega Man. You all are REALLY getting a deal there.

It's just the cheapassness I guess. That electronic version will last longer than the cart and if they emulate them well it'll play a hell of a lot better too, maybe even save-states, etc.

Now if the GGC will work with the point cards then that just makes it better; free NES game with every card...

[quote name='daroga']Did anyone ever say that? I don't even remember that being a rumor.

# D4E
# Atlus
# Bandai Namco Games
# Banpresto
# Capcom
# Chun Soft
# Enterbrain
# HAL Laboratory Inc.
# Hudson
# Irem
# Jaleco
# Kemco
# Koei
# Konami
# Masaya
# Net Farm
# PAON
# Rocket company
# Sega
# Taito
# Takara Tomy
# Tecmo
# Sunsoft
# Square Enix

Mega Man? Sonic? Castlevania? Ninja Gaiden? Check, Check, Check, and Check. That does it for me, and I know a LOT of people are jumping up and down about SE in the mix. I may nab Chrono Trigger is it goes up.[/QUOTE]

Natusme is not on the list, so we won't be seeing Harvest Moon?

bread's done
Back