Vectorman

1SwtDeception

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Anyone remember that Sega game? That green robot dude... anyways short on words. I probably said the company wrong and game.. But that was a fun game.

edit: Thanks Scorch for the name deal.

My fault Vectorman. I thought it was one of those games with some kind of funky lettering to make it cool, but yea.. Vex-Vec don't really sound right.

I never knew there was a Vectorman 2. I'd better look into it. But good to know some people still remember the game.

Vectorman 2 probably never made it into the cartridge format. Sega Channel subscribers could play a 4 level demo of it one month as our "Special Feature". There are quite a few games that never made it into an actual cart that ended up on Sega Channel.

Man, that was a great system. I wish they would make a PS2 channel :).

Remeber there was a reward for one of the vectormans if you were the first one to pass it and call in with the code.

[quote name='DT778']Remeber there was a reward for one of the vectormans if you were the first one to pass it and call in with the code.[/QUOTE]

Haha, hell yeah!

Remember the Primal Rage contest where the first one to beat the arcade mode in a specially extra hard mode of the game would win a Primal Rage arcade cabinet?

I played that game the entire day it started (minus my Little Leauge and Soccer games), and finally called at 8 or so.

"We're sorry, the password has already been entered, Thanks for playing"

My damn thumbs still ache if I think about that game.

I have Vectorman 1 and 2 for the Sega Genesis. Those games are fucking hard! No saves, 3 lives, etc. There was a next-gen game in development, but it was cancelled.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Vectorman 2 probably never made it into the cartridge format. Sega Channel subscribers could play a 4 level demo of it one month as our "Special Feature". There are quite a few games that never made it into an actual cart that ended up on Sega Channel.[/QUOTE]

Vectorman 2 was released retail. You're right about Sega Channel having lots of otherwise unreleased stuff, like Mega Man: The Wily Wars, etc.

I still have the Sega Channel "cartridge". It's as big as a damn brick. Memories...

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Vectorman 2 probably never made it into the cartridge format. Sega Channel subscribers could play a 4 level demo of it one month as our "Special Feature". There are quite a few games that never made it into an actual cart that ended up on Sega Channel.

Man, that was a great system. I wish they would make a PS2 channel :).[/QUOTE]

It came out in cartridge format too.... It was late in the Genesis life cycle, but it was released in retail (in one of the crappy cardboard boxes no less). Apparently you can get them new/sealed on ebay still for around 10$

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8197827223

[quote name='adamsappel']There was a next-gen game in development, but it was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I think it was for the PS2. That Aries person said he was helpin with developing it for the Revolution.

Note: Aries is probably fake. But let's not go into that.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Haha, hell yeah!

Remember the Primal Rage contest where the first one to beat the arcade mode in a specially extra hard mode of the game would win a Primal Rage arcade cabinet?

I played that game the entire day it started (minus my Little Leauge and Soccer games), and finally called at 8 or so.

"We're sorry, the password has already been entered, Thanks for playing"

My damn thumbs still ache if I think about that game.[/QUOTE]
Vectorman is the only one I knew that held a contest. Anyone know of any others?

[quote name='EnderBui']I think it was for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

Correct you are. It was (going to be) part of Sega's budget classics releases.

Which reminds me: when the hell is the Dragon Force remake supposed to be arriving here...

[quote name='Ledhed']Correct you are. It was (going to be) part of Sega's budget classics releases.

Which reminds me: when the hell is the Dragon Force remake supposed to be arriving here...[/QUOTE]

wow i never knew there was a DF remake supposed to come out? if this is true i might as well quit looking for it for Saturn and pick up this one....

Yea Vectorman Impression is canceled (I know I'm behind the times). Anyone know the reason why?

I was reading some of the reviews on Vectorman 2 and seems great. I was too young ish at the time to remember the Vectorman contest, but I remember my cousin was dissappointed at some contest at the time.

I got them on Genesis.
Found Vectorman 2 brand new for $2 before a Kaybee Toys near me closed.
Hard game, but I enjoyed constantly trying to beat it until I finally did.

bread's done
Back