Vengeance Trilogy Amazon Tin Case

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']nice, would you mind verify the disc. make sure you got the corrected disc or spec.[/QUOTE]

on the back of the oldboy case it says "Dolby Digital-EX 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo" for the Korean Dialog

the disc its self had both of those. i assume the audio is corrected right?

It's been confirmed that leftovers of the tin from Best Buy's exclusive period have been sold to Amazon. There are some tins that will have lossy audio and the new batches will be corrected and have lossless audio. There will be a replacement program for the discs with lossy audio, INCLUDING the ones from Best Buy's tin.

EDIT: Ok i see, the bottom of the tin lists oldboy with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio. I didnt see that at first.

I just checked Blu Ray forum's topic and apparently everyone is getting the tin, but no "DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio"

so apparently this is still a problem? The back of my oldboy case just lists the options i posted above. no DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio as an option in the blu ray menu or in the back of the blu ray case.

Great now, I need to check mine. I just exchanged it because one of the discs was wrong, and they put two of the same discs in, instead of putting in the third movie. Great quality control in Korea apparently.

Well, I was just about to pick this up with my Amazon credit, but now I'm a bit confused. What is suppose to be the correct specs for this set or particular movie? And what is the website to request such a replacement if one runs into the incorrect batch?

Thanks!

[quote name='nflsonic']Well, I was just about to pick this up with my Amazon credit, but now I'm a bit confused. What is suppose to be the correct specs for this set or particular movie? And what is the website to request such a replacement if one runs into the incorrect batch?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

There will be a replacement program, but it hasn't gone into effect yet, they're still working it out.

Does anyone think the price of this will ever come down to the $40 range? I loved Oldboy, but absolutely hated Sympathy - by the end I couldn't care less about any of the characters and wanted them all to die - so much so that I have reservations about watching Lady. I might pick the set up if there's ever a kick ass deal on it, otherwise I think I'll just buy Oldboy on blu.

[quote name='monoxide101']Does anyone think the price of this will ever come down to the $40 range? I loved Oldboy, but absolutely hated Sympathy - by the end I couldn't care less about any of the characters and wanted them all to die - so much so that I have reservations about watching Lady. I might pick the set up if there's ever a kick ass deal on it, otherwise I think I'll just buy Oldboy on blu.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm somewhat in the same boat. I loved Oldboy, but hated Sympathy. In fact, I never even finished Sympathy, and this is coming from someone that tries to give a movie a full-run chance. By the time I was towards the end, I really didn't care what was going on and I believe I had someplace to be.

But definitely give Lady Vengeance a chance. It's a terrific movie that I found to be nearly a close tie in terms of quality to Oldboy. I believe I saw it on Netflix a few months back actually, so at least give it a rent.

Otherwise, I think I'll be waiting on this bundle until it hits a cheaper price.

Ironically, while I enjoyed Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was my favorite of all three. I felt that the characters were far more relatable, as they were in Lady Vengeance. Oldboy was actually my least favorite of the three. Too broke to buy these though. :(

[quote name='monoxide101']Does anyone think the price of this will ever come down to the $40 range?[/QUOTE]

walmart.com/ip/14335827
This is what most of us used to PM at Best Buy.

Oldboy got me hooked, but was enjoyed Mr. Vengeance even more.
I traveled across state lines to find a theater playing Lady and was blown away. One of the greatest pieces of cinema I have ever seen.
Though I still love it, I can't even tell you the last time I watched Oldboy – at least four years now, even though I have this set. I need to get on top of that.

I agree, as much as I love Oldboy, Sympathy just had something else I really enjoyed. The story of Oldboy seemed a bit far fetched, but Sympathy seemed a little more reasonable. Of course, that's not why I enjoyed it; I think Sympathy was much grittier and sad. The ending (Which can be seen on posters and DVD covers) hits hard, where Oldboy's ending is more of a *GASP!* sort of ending. Oh Dae-su is easier to connect with, but it's easier to feel (get this) sympathy for Ryu. I still haven't gotten through Lady Vengeance (I don't know why) and I've had the DVD for a good few years.

wow, im shocked amazon raised the price on this. My preorder was $43 and then they just refunded me $1 and change because they lowered it to $41.99. now today its $57?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']walmart.com/ip/14335827
This is what most of us used to PM at Best Buy.

Oldboy got me hooked, but was enjoyed Mr. Vengeance even more.
I traveled across state lines to find a theater playing Lady and was blown away. One of the greatest pieces of cinema I have ever seen.
Though I still love it, I can't even tell you the last time I watched Oldboy – at least four years now, even though I have this set. I need to get on top of that.[/QUOTE]

Ha. OK, I didn't realize it was already in the $40 range. Now if we can just get a Wong Kar-Wai set of the "In The Mood For Love" loose trilogy on Blu.

[quote name='Deadpool']This might sound retarded but how do i price match on Amazon? I cant seem to locate any forms or anything to fill out.[/QUOTE]
You can't price match on Amazon, they do that themselves. They usually match the weekly ads (Target, Walmart, Best Buy), but they don't do anything on an individual basis.

[quote name='bmachine']So, if I get it at Amazon and pay $17 more for it...it will come in a tin box and possible have fucked up audio?[/QUOTE]
I believe the tin case is hit or miss. It just depends on how many they got from Best Buy.

The audio isn't fucked up, it's missing a track. I doubt most people would have even noticed had it not been pointed out to them.

i'm too lazy to read the thread, but make sure your double check to make sure you don't get two copies of lady vengeance instead of sympathy for mr. v.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Which one?[/QUOTE]

Some sets had 2 copies of Lady Vengeance. There was a duplicate copy in the Mr. Vengeance case.

bread's done
Back