Venture Brothers Season 3 (BD) - $14.49 @ Amazon (was $14.99).

Had to settle for this price since I missed the $12.50 deal on walmart.com 2 nights ago!

Thanks!

-mattyp

[quote name='tranceFusion']is this something you can jump into whenever? Or should I start with season 1?[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely say start with Season 1. Season 3 builds a lot of mythology behind the characters you've been introduced to already.

take it from someone who bought it at release, $15 is a no-brainer... I actually clicked on the link thinking it was the pre-order for season 4... damn

[quote name='mattyp33']Had to settle for this price since I missed the $12.50 deal on walmart.com 2 nights ago!

Thanks!

-mattyp[/QUOTE]
Son of a... how did I miss that?

[quote name='joshnorm']Will be buying it tonight when I get home. fuck yea glad I waited on it[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm glad I waited too. I saw it at Hastings and FYE and I wanted it but patience is a virtual.:D

Frak yes. Thanks, OP. Also glad I waited. It now says "shipping in 10-12 days," but whatever. Anyone heard anything about a Blu-ray release of seasons 1 and 2? My roommate has them on DVD so I'm not sweating it, but curious nonetheless.

[quote name='nepenthegram']Frak yes. Thanks, OP. Also glad I waited. It now says "shipping in 10-12 days," but whatever. Anyone heard anything about a Blu-ray release of seasons 1 and 2? My roommate has them on DVD so I'm not sweating it, but curious nonetheless.[/QUOTE]Not that I've heard, though I think getting them on BD seems unlikely because S3 is when they started to make the show in hi-def with Cartoon Network's shift into a HD channel.

If we did get them, they'd be upscaled and probably not as good as we'd like them to be.

After getting a ps3 a few weeks before black friday this is my first blu ray purchase lol
Go Team Venture!

Do not start watching this show with season three. It will make almost zero sense. This is one of the most heavily serialized shows on television, cartoon or otherwise; it is simultaneously extremely frustrating for newcomers and extremely rewarding for long-time fans.

I already have this season on DVD, but I...can't resist. Blu-ray, HO!

Great deal. I just hate having started with DVD's then switching to BD. They just need to have all season on BD, I'll buy them all.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not that I've heard, though I think getting them on BD seems unlikely because S3 is when they started to make the show in hi-def with Cartoon Network's shift into a HD channel.

If we did get them, they'd be upscaled and probably not as good as we'd like them to be.[/QUOTE]

exactly... basically no chance of this.

FYI, this dropped to $14.49 since yesterday.

Ordered a copy even though I already have S1&2 on DVD, since it was cheaper than the DVD version

I've already had this on DVD since release, but for only $15 I had to buy. I think season 2 was the peak of the show but season 3 and 4 were still good.

Bumping this old thread because Season 3 of The Venture Brothers is 15.99 at Amazon right now for those who missed it for a dollar cheaper.

bread's done
Back