Verison DSL - how is it?

KabutoHunter

CAG Veteran
I've been wanting to switch over to broadband internet for a long time and recent issues with my current ISP have given me the nudge I needed to really start taking it seriously. The main barrier has always been the price, so I've looked around, and from what I can tell Verison is the cheapest available to me with their $29.95 a month with 1 year contract deal, which includes the modem and wireless router. The speeds they're offering are Up to 768 Kbps/128 Kbps.

So, basically, I'm wondering how good a deal this is, if there is anything I should know (I'm really a newb when it comes to terms surrounding high-speed internet), and if anyone who uses Verison DSL can tell me what they think of the service?

Thanks guys.

[quote name='whitereflection']I love my Verizon DSL, but if you plan to use Wi-Fi like I do, it could be better.[/QUOTE]
Heh. Well, Wi-Fi or no, the price is the decider.

Anyway, it's good to hear that you guys don't have any major issues with it.

I do have one more question, though:
As I said, I'm an ignorant broadband n00b. While reading up I read about broadband providers putting limits on the amount of data you can download per month or something, and that anything past that amount costs extra. So I'm wondering, is this a legitimate issue or something that only exists in the past? Because, even at 56k, I'm a bit of a mass-downloader, and I can only imagine what'll happen once I'm let loose on DSL.

V/O is quite possablely the best ISP out there. You get an awsome trade off of price and speed. You cant beat 3mbps for 30 bucks a month. You also get your first month free AND a free wireless router. I love my service and couldn't be happier.

Verison is available in my area here too, but we also have optimum online, and I have used both and I says Optimum (its cable) is def. better... but is it worth the expense? Yes. Which is the better deal? Depends. Over here verison is 29.95 but optimum online is 29.95 also if you also purchase optimum voice (unlimited calls) which is 29.95. That makes for the better deal.

Verizon DSL is awesome. I have had it for like 15 months and it hasn't been down once. The speed in my area is awesome. I download at 350KB/SEC and upload at like 70KB/SEC.... w00t.

bread's done
Back