Verizon Phones

I kind of want to know too because I'm about to get a new one soon (had mine for almost two years, but I'm eligible for a free phone since it was still in the contract after my older sister got fired from the store).

I forgot what the phone was, but I was looking at a Samsung (I think) which had the touchscreen front, and the side slid to turn into a keyboard (for text messaging).

I'm with Verizon for life due to my Dad being retired from the main company, Mom working there at one point, and my sister being there (with Wireless and Telecom). We get discounts though.

I think this is the one I looked at, but I may try to get something better:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3727

I might look into this one:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4069

It's funny because I'll get a fancy phone (usually not one of the top ones) and never utilize most of its features. :lol:

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have the LG Voyager Titanium and love it. Only down side is it's pretty big and heavy. Upside is great battery life, touch screen, and the best QWERTY keyboard of any phone I've tried. It can do e-mail, web, mobile TV and all that jazz as well if you pay for those plans, I didn't since I just use my phone for calls and text messages--the keyboard was the main draw for me.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4069[/quote]

I had the voyager, really liked it, but it broke. I am not kinda looking at the DARE.

Ah. I did have to swap out my first one as there was something wrong with the touch screen (display would be garbled or shifted to the side sometimes. Haven't had any problems with the 2nd one.

All my Verizon phones have been LG, so I rather stick with LG since they've been good to me. Throughout the three cell phones I had, I ONLY dropped my phone once (That was my friend's fault, for trying to look at my cell phone pictures I didn't want him seeing. Tried snatching it away and it fell on concrete. This was my last phone).

[quote name='docvinh']I have the dare, and I love it. My friend just got the omnia, and I think it's actually a better phone then the dare.[/quote]

Omnia? Never heard of it. Also, how does the Dare's keyboard work? I text a lot and that will be a big factor for my new phone.

I have a Moto RAZR2 phone and it's a piece of junk. I've had it for around a year and a half, and I can't wait until I get to my "new every 2" time. My wife uses the Dare and she absolutely loves it. She says it's the best phone she's ever used.

[quote name='ITDEFX']voyager is good.. btw and differences between the original voyager and titanium version?[/QUOTE]

Just the color and updated software/firmware I think.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Well, I have been looking around and now I am trying to decide between the Omnia and the Dare.[/quote]
The Omnia will require a data plan, so be aware of that.

[quote name='jlseal']The Omnia will require a data plan, so be aware of that.[/quote]

Didn't think of that, how much are the data plans and what do they include?

Hey guys hows it going, I'm actually a VZW sales rep so maybe I can offer some assistance to some of the questions I seen here.

Data Plan = $30 a month, gives you unl email and interneet on your phone, not really worth it unless you are going to use it a ton, and if you are going to use it, i'd get a Black Berry of some sort since they are much more efficient for email than others such as the Omnia.

Alot of people mentioned the Voyager, Voyager is a solid phone, its only downfall as someonee mentioned was the size of it. Otherwise the keyboard and its reliability rank it pretty high. Anything from LG is usually pretty reliable. Dare is a great phone too if you can do touch screen typing, I personally cannot, so its one of those things you have to play around with first. ENV2 is also a good choice if you are looking for a keyboard, alot of people don't like how it looks though so its hit and miss with that one.

And the Omnia is a beautiful looking device, its soooooo hard to use though, the simpliest thing becomes a chore. They don't include patience in the box for it so my suggestion if you were thinking of that one, go to the store and play around with it ALOT first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='havoksend']Hey guys hows it going, I'm actually a VZW sales rep so maybe I can offer some assistance to some of the questions I seen here.

Data Plan = $30 a month, gives you unl email and interneet on your phone, not really worth it unless you are going to use it a ton, and if you are going to use it, i'd get a Black Berry of some sort since they are much more efficient for email than others such as the Omnia.

Alot of people mentioned the Voyager, Voyager is a solid phone, its only downfall as someonee mentioned was the size of it. Otherwise the keyboard and its reliability rank it pretty high. Anything from LG is usually pretty reliable. Dare is a great phone too if you can do touch screen typing, I personally cannot, so its one of those things you have to play around with first. ENV2 is also a good choice if you are looking for a keyboard, alot of people don't like how it looks though so its hit and miss with that one.

And the Omnia is a beautiful looking device, its soooooo hard to use though, the simpliest thing becomes a chore. They don't include patience in the box for it so my suggestion if you were thinking of that one, go to the store and play around with it ALOT first.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the information, I guess I need to go play with the Dare and Omnia first, if they aren't what I am looking for, I will just go back to another voyager.

I loved my Voyager, just figured I would upgrade, if there is a decent upgrade out there.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']I guess I need to go play with the Dare and Omnia[/quote]
This is really the best decision. You can look at feature lists all you want, but until you have one in your hand, you won't know if you like it or not.

I have a Dare, and I'm happy with it. I like the 3.2 megapixel camera, as well as the 3.5mm jack for headphones. I may not use the phone as a music player, but it's a good alternative if I don't want to carry my Ipod around.

when I upgrade, I' m going to go get the HTC Touch Pro. I'm already using the HTC XV 6700 from years ago which is still pretty decent. But the 640-480 res touch screen with a 528 mhz processor is going to put a nice bump in my emulation and internet tasks.

I am looking into the Dare also. But I still have until June to upgrade. hopefully the price will drop come June.

I just got an LG ENV2 earlier in the week, so far I like everything about...definitely an improvement over my pos razr. Battery life really seems strong to, I go all day and the battery indicator is still full.

I'm a txting whore and at this point the only phone I'd probably go for if I was on Verizon would be the Alias (Even though I absolutely hate flip phones).

Luckily... Sprint and Rumor 2 FTW!

bread's done
Back