Vermont

LordFungus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Alright,

Just lookin to see if there are any other CAG's in Vermont. I moved here (Burlington, VT) a year ago from Texas, and am having a hard time meeting other's in my age group (25-35) to discuss games and what not. Just checking arround.

Yeah,

I spent like 20 years in TEXAS, and had plenty of friends, ect...then my company moved me to Vermont. I like it here, but being the geek that I am makes it hard to meet people. My GF moved with me so I'm not totally alone, but we moved to the country and there is NO BROADBAND, and I lost XBOX live, and am dying for some folks to play HALO2 or anything else for that matter.......

Wow that must be some job you've got there... no offense to any Vermontonians (or whatever) but I'd never actually live there although the skiing is really fun...

Yeah, the ski-ing is good.....and I work for an electronics company and am contracted to IBM in the area......We make the chips that power your systems.....Well, I should say my company makes the tools that write the chips......well you get the idea.........

Its tough being middle aged and moving (30) but it was a BIG promotion to come up here and Take over as site leader....but I do miss Austin sometimes............

[quote name='LordFungus']Yeah, the ski-ing is good.....and I work for an electronics company and am contracted to IBM in the area......We make the chips that power your systems.....Well, I should say my company makes the tools that write the chips......well you get the idea.........

Its tough being middle aged and moving (30) but it was a BIG promotion to come up here and Take over as site leader....but I do miss Austin sometimes............[/QUOTE]

30 is middle-aged? Funny, I don't feel old... A big promotion is a good reason to move I guess and you are lucky that your girlfriend made the trip with you. I don't know if I could go someplace new and not know anyone at all unless it was somewhere warm like Miami, San Diego or Hawaii...

well, mabey middle age isn't the exact right term, but being 30 I am no longer doing the school thing, ect. I am not a bar person (I like to drink, but I like to do so at home for fear of a DUI or DWI). I love LAN parties and multiplayer gamming but being back to a dial-up account sucks....but I am still able to play some stuff (neverwinter nights.......mostly PC games) and have always prefered shooters on the consoles.......I know mouse + keyboard = better, but for some reason I get dizzy playing shooters on the PC........

Ummm........... I may go to hell soon. My family owns a second house and my father just lost his job due to a medical problem, and the doctors can't figure out what it is (so no disability), and we can't keep the house in MA if he isn't working at a similar pay level. The house is in the middle of nowhere (about 2 hours from burlington and 45 minutes from canada). My father is the only one who likes it there, the rest of the family can't stand the thought.

bread's done
Back