Veronica Mars seasons 1-3 $19.50 each @ FYE B&M

Soujiro_Seta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted and did a quick search and didn't see anything either. So I figured I'd post. On a whim the other day I decided I wanted to watch Veronica Mars. So I didn't see any deals except for FYE having the seasons used for $19. So I went there to try and find them used. When I get there the new versions were marked on sale for $19.50 each. I bought all three seasons the grand total came out to $63 and change. I have no idea when the sale started or when it's ending. If this is a repost please delete.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Everyone get it![/QUOTE]

The detective herself even endorses the show :)
I've only had a chance to watch the first 4 eps but so far it's pretty good. It really started picking up on ep 4.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']The detective herself even endorses the show :)
I've only had a chance to watch the first 4 eps but so far it's pretty good. It really started picking up on ep 4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, However, I think once season 3 starts it isn't the same :/ Still worth watching, but a bit over-hyped.

The first season is awesome. 2nd became too much relationship drama. Never bothered watching the 3rd.
I can only recommend the 1st season, but I recommend it highly.

Even though the 3rd had its share of problems, I still feel it's better than most of what's on television these days.

All VMars fans should check out the book "Neptune Noir", a compilation of VMars related essays and insight on the series by Rob Thomas.

As for those who haven't watched the series, definitely pickup the first season to give it a shot!

What happened with the third season is A LOT of network interference. They were scrambling to get the ratings up, cutting a lot of costs, etc. The network thought it would be better to have shorter story arcs, so viewers didn't feel like they had to invest in a full season or to make it more accessible for new viewers. It also didn't help that the network then cut down the initial 22 episode order to 20, thus ruining the plans for the third story arc that would have covered the final six episodes of the season.

It also didn't help that during the first part of the third season that now that she was out of her high school element, Veronica was written as a huge bitch.

But it's definitely worth owning, if not just for the 15 minute pitch for the Fourth season with Veronica as an FBI Agent. That 15 minutes will have you cursing UPN/CW (can't remember if the WB/UPN had merged at this point) for cancelling the show.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Even though the 3rd had its share of problems, I still feel it's better than most of what's on television these days.

All VMars fans should check out the book "Neptune Noir", a compilation of VMars related essays and insight on the series by Rob Thomas.

As for those who haven't watched the series, definitely pickup the first season to give it a shot![/QUOTE]

Sorry for bringing this thread back... I'm on the last ep of season one. Anyway I just bought neptune noir. When's the best time to read it? After I watch all 3 seasons? Or after season 1 or 2?

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Sorry for bringing this thread back... I'm on the last ep of season one. Anyway I just bought neptune noir. When's the best time to read it? After I watch all 3 seasons? Or after season 1 or 2?[/QUOTE]

It's best to read it after you've finished watching season 2. The book only covers up to season 2 and none of season 3 if I recall.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']It's best to read it after you've finished watching season 2. The book only covers up to season 2 and none of season 3 if I recall.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks!

bread's done
Back