VG ad for August 14 - 20 (BB)

Over easy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Got this lurking around slickdeals (who got it from someone from FW).

Video Games

Sony PSP $249.99

$39.99 PSP Games
HotShots Golf
ATV
MLB
Twisted Metal
Wipeout Pure
Death JR
Dead to Rights
Untold Legends
Coded Arms
Namco Museum

Sin City UMD $19.99
Napoleon Dynamite UMD $19.99
Coyote Ugly UMD $19.99
Super Troopers UMD $19.99

Geist for Gamecube $49.99

Dragonball GT for Gameboy Advance $29.99

Gameboy Advance GT Bundle $99.90 -- includes Metroid, Final Fantasy Tactics [cobalt blue system]

No Playstation or XBOX stuff in the ad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Video Games

Dungeon Siege II - $49.99
Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 - $19.99
Rome Total War - $29.99
Roller Coaster Tycoon Soaked - $29.99
Stronghold 2 - $29.99

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some clerk apparently put out the wrong ads in San Diego, but it was pulled back quickly.

[quote name='Prepster']Wow, Namco Museum comes out next week already?? Might have to pick that up, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

For $39.99? ARE YOU INSANE?

[quote name='Prepster']Wow, Namco Museum comes out next week already?? Might have to pick that up, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

$40 though? I thought it came out in Japan as a budget title? Isn't there only like 4 games on it?

namco museum doesnt come out next week, so best buy must have screwed that up

and namco museum has 20+ games. they added more games for the US version

Can you post the DVD sales in the DVD board Wario? It would be greatly appreciated. We're all anxious for Sin City sales :D

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Can you post the DVD sales in the DVD board Wario? It would be greatly appreciated. We're all anxious for Sin City sales :D[/QUOTE]
I don't think he has the ad yet.

Anyways, no Xbox deals is a bummer. Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='thorbahn3']No Nintendogs on sale? Weak![/QUOTE]

Not out till the week after, dude (23rd). No worries; I'm sure there'll be at least one deal on it because the game will be huge.

[quote name='Wario64']namco museum doesnt come out next week, so best buy must have screwed that up

and namco museum has 20+ games. they added more games for the US version[/QUOTE]

Well your right that I'm wrong, there are more than 4 but when you have Pacman and Ms. Pacman, Rally-X and NEW Rally-X, or Dig Dug and Dig Dug 2, is it really like getting 20 different games?

Also, for multiplayer is it going to allow single disc download to other units or does everyone have to own the game? If its single disc download then now its starting to get to be worth it...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well your right that I'm wrong, there are more than 4 but when you have Pacman and Ms. Pacman, Rally-X and NEW Rally-X, or Dig Dug and Dig Dug 2, is it really like getting 20 different games?[/QUOTE]

actually, it is 20 different games. as in, 20 arcade games...not just a bunch of remixes. or at least close to 20 different games...gamespot's E3 report specifically named 17 games:

With Namco Museum Battle Collection, game publisher and developer Namco is counting on the nostalgia factor to weigh in on gamers' purchasing decisions. After all, the game will include PSP versions of more than 20 arcade titles, including core classics such as Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Rally-X, and New Rally-X. While this collection of coin-op games might be enough to satisfy the casual player, NMBC doesn't stop there, piling on an additional 10 slightly more obscure games--Xevious, Bosconian, Rolling Thunder, Mappy, Tower of Druaga, Dragon Buster, Grobda, Motos, Dig Dug 2, and King & Balloon.

The Jap version of Namco Museum contains the following:
Galaxian
Galaga
Dig Dug
Pac Man
Ms Pac Man
Rally X
and then alternates of all of these except Ms Pac Man and Galaxian.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Also, for multiplayer is it going to allow single disc download to other units or does everyone have to own the game? If its single disc download then now its starting to get to be worth it...[/QUOTE]

This is supposed to be the first PSP game to make use of the Game Sharing feature. But unless Namco has changed this feature since the Japanese version, it is not so great.

For Namco Museum, Namco has taken the demo approach to sharing the game - there is not a multiplayer component, but there is a full selection of all seven original Namco Museum arcade titles (including Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Galaga, Rally-X, and others), and each is choosable for play from the main menu. These are the arcade-accurate ports done for the PSP version, with all of the rotation and zoom and score placement features included (the neat Arranged remakes, however, are not included in the download.)

It's a great feature, a nice sampler of the PSP game to whet your beak, but Namco has curiously decided to make the downloaded version 'crippleware.' All seven arcade games are included in one batch download, but you can only play one - yes, one - round of each game. Scoring and other features are still included, but how high can one score with only one level of Dig Dug?

http://psp.ign.com/articles/593/593844p1.html

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Can you post the DVD sales in the DVD board Wario? It would be greatly appreciated. We're all anxious for Sin City sales :D[/QUOTE]

Just rent it for now and wait until the double dip two months later.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Not out till the week after, dude (23rd). No worries; I'm sure there'll be at least one deal on it because the game will be huge.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking different about Nintendogs... I think it's gonne flop in the U.S. We are not into those 'virtual animal/baby/girlfriend' type games in the states.

[quote name='soulwish2003']I'm thinking different about Nintendogs... I think it's gonne flop in the U.S. We are not into those 'virtual animal/baby/girlfriend' type games in the states.[/QUOTE]

Sims is the top selling game of all time for a reason.

That same audience, upon getting wind of Nintendogs, will eat it up.

[quote name='Wario64']namco museum doesnt come out next week, so best buy must have screwed that up[/QUOTE]Maybe they're talking about the non-PSP versions coming out this month? (GameSpot link here.) EB says the 23rd for the PSP edition, but release dates have been known to be wrong before. Just throwing this out there.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Not out till the week after, dude (23rd). No worries; I'm sure there'll be at least one deal on it because the game will be huge.[/QUOTE]

Doh! Thanks for pointing it out.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just rent it for now and wait until the double dip two months later.[/QUOTE]
I second that, even if you don't care about special features, the Special Edition is supposed to split the 3 tales into standalone stories with extra footage put back in on the 2nd disc.

bread's done
Back