VGA -> component cables

Richard Longfellow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm toying with the idea of hppking up my gaming PC to my Sony 34" HDTV. As nice as my 21" NEC monitor is, I would like to play PC games in widescreen aspect ratio when available. My Tv doesn't have VGA in, though. There are a bunch of eBay sellers hawking VGA out to component in cables, some name brand, some super-fun-happy hardware. Has anyone else tried this type of cable?

As the previous poster said. Both video cards I have at home has a HDTV S-Video out. And the retail package came with a dongle that has component female on one end. With that, you can just grab a component cable, hook up one end to this dongle, and the other end to the HDTV.

So check your video card first, you might not need a VGA to component after all.

what? your "gaming pc" or your hdtv doesn't have a dvi?

I don't think he has have the pc-svid component out because he didn't notice a nice reb/blue/green cable included in his gfx card. I mean when I opened the first one i got, i was like damn that's pretty cool... free shizz

I'd rather go with the dvi -> hdmi converter. they're cheap. shoot I have two from my graphics cards.. but shoot you should have a dvi... if you're card doesn't have atleast one dvi.. i don't consider it a "gaming" card

After digging through my box of spare parts, I do indeed have an S-Video to female component cable that ( I believe) came with my 7600GS card. I need to research setting up component out in the NVidia software now, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

bread's done
Back