Victorious Boxers: The Fighting Revolution Real Boxers play it and link to review.

ch3zyp00fs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
**NEW UPDATE(S)**

Website WiiFanboy has reviewed VB Revolution and they love it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real American boxers play VB.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26521.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official US Victorious Boxers Website

Release Date: September 25th, 2007 (Found on Amazon and Gamestop) October 16th, 2007 Who the fuck knows. Some people have it some people don't.

Suggested Retail Price $39.99

Confirmed by XSeed Games

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

51CP1eUz7EL._SS500_.jpg

NEW HANDS ON IMPRESSIONS OF THE US RELEASE BY GAMESPOT!

It's not Punch-Out!!, but Victorious Boxers is still amazing. Realistic fighting and an amazing gameplay, made the PS2 Victorious Boxer games cult favorites among gamers. The following is a video from e3 announcing the release of Victorious Boxers for the Nintendo Wii here in the USA. Xseed games will be bringing it stateside.

Gamespot e3 video, stage demo and announcement

Videos:

Instructional Video / Pro Boxing Gym Promo (Japanese)
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NlE76lfTELE[/media]
Japanese Game Trailer
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8avSzotEQ[/media]

Gameplay video
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ1XKSzcySs[/media]
Another Gameplay Video, 8 Minutes (Sanada vs. Ippo)

Pictures:
h9_qjgenth.jpg

Hajime-No-Ippo-Veracious-Fighters-wii-02.thumb.jpg

Hajime-No-Ippo-Veracious-Fighters-wii-29.jpg

Official Japanese Site

Victorious Boxers: The Fighting Revolution, Xseed Games, October 16th, 2007

Looking forward to this to say the least.

It looks a little fast as far as reality goes but I am not sure what weight class those boxers are supposed to be.

Thanks for posting.

It's anime therefore it doesn't matter. Most characters in Hajime no Ippo are in the featherweight class. Having said that, there is a very good chance you can box a bear in this game. If that doesn't sell a ton of copies, nothing will.

Didn't Cheapy play this and say that using the Wiimote and nunchuk controls was totally busted? I think he said it supports the CC as well but apparently the motion controls don't work well at all.

[quote name='lebowsky']Didn't Cheapy play this and say that using the Wiimote and nunchuk controls was totally busted? I think he said it supports the CC as well but apparently the motion controls don't work well at all.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that somewhere also. Not sure if it was from Cheapy, but somewhere I read that it controlled horribly.

Was looking forward to this before Cheapy panned it. Don't care about the classic controls, rather play with the wii-mote/nunchuck combo.

I was also excited, until I heard Cheapy's (among others) impressions on it. As he pointed out, it is inexcusable to make motion controls so broken that you are forced to use the classic controller, especially in a genre that has been proven viable by Wii Boxing.

And if anyone tries to connect this to the PS2 HnI/VB games to defend it, consider this one point: the Wii game and the PS2 games have different developers. The three Hajime no Ippo games for the PS2 were developed by New Corporation and published in Japan by ESP Software (Who also published Treasure's GBA HnI game). The Wii game was developed by Cavia and published in Japan by AQ Interactive.

Still, it will be interesting to see how the localization team will handle the apparently large amount of Japanese voice acting in this game. Will they sub it, dub it, or just cut the voices out?

After watching the video it didn't look like it controlled horribly with the wii-mote, will definitely give the game a try when it hits. Maybe Xseed can tighten the controls up a little more as well.

It hurt me bad when cheapy said it didn't play well, but I believe that was first impressions. People have said on other forums that this game just takes a bit to get use to, and it's fun thereafter. I think it's definately worth at least a rental for many Wii players.

Well the developer in the GameSpot video even says that the Classic Controller is more precise. That being said, it could just be learning the wiimote and nunchuk controls is required to enjoy it.

[quote name='Cao Cao']I was also excited, until I heard Cheapy's (among others) impressions on it. As he pointed out, it is inexcusable to make motion controls so broken that you are forced to use the classic controller, especially in a genre that has been proven viable by Wii Boxing.
[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? I thought Wii Boxing proved that boxing games weren't viable, given how horribly broken the controls for that game were.

Anyway, if it supports the classic controller, I'm a little more interested in this. Might try it out if it ends up being good. I'm tempted partially by the Fighting Spirit-ness of it all.

[quote name='Chacrana']Are you kidding? I thought Wii Boxing proved that boxing games weren't viable, given how horribly broken the controls for that game were.

Anyway, if it supports the classic controller, I'm a little more interested in this. Might try it out if it ends up being good. I'm tempted partially by the Fighting Spirit-ness of it all.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm happy that the classic controller is supported as well because they said it would play much like the VB series. The only downside I think though is that we have to play it with only one camera angle, and that upsets me. I hope there will be more incarnations to come.

[quote name='Chacrana']Are you kidding? I thought Wii Boxing proved that boxing games weren't viable, given how horribly broken the controls for that game were.[/QUOTE]

Broken? You know that the "slow" punching was to prevent berzerk flailing, right?

Well, I'll definitely rent this game out to test it with the Wiimote and nunchuk. Been working on Wii Boxing and so far have hit 1300pts. It's all about timing, weaving and punching at the correct moment. The controls still feel a little finicky and unresponsive at times but overall I don't think the controls are broken for Wii Boxing.

I've been hearing on message boards that the controls are actually much better after awhile. One person who has the game, has stated that he is able to do what he wants about 95% of the time. It is just mainly about learning how to throw the punches. That makes me happy.

Oh ya if you didn't notice, I prettied up the OP.

[quote name='trq']Broken? You know that the "slow" punching was to prevent berzerk flailing, right?[/QUOTE]

The problem was that it felt like the controls never registered your moves anywhere near accurately. Admittedly, I only spent about 10 minutes on the game because I came to the conclusion that it was an unplayable mess and I have yet to see it proven otherwise.

[quote name='SimplyBlue']I'm a fan of this manga/anime series so I'm definitely going to at least rent this out. Guess no online component?[/QUOTE]

Ya, nothing online in this version. Hopefully if they do future versions, they'll add online, and a career mode with a create a boxer like VB2.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Ya, nothing online in this version. Hopefully if they do future versions, they'll add online, and a career mode with a create a boxer like VB2.[/quote]

Yeah. Micro-management would have been nice too like having to train your boxer with various exercises like punching the sandbag, spars, running etc.

[quote name='jkam']Yeah the Wii controls are suppose to be bad but with the classic controller its good. What a shame.[/QUOTE]

I doubt we'll see any boxing games work well with motion controls. The motion sensors in the Wiimote and nunchuk are just not accurate enough to be able to tell hooks, jabs, straight hard punches, uppercuts etc. apart.

Maybe the Wii 2 will have better technology. Really would take something that could report it's postion, angle, movement, speed etc. all with real time accuracy.

It's a bit ironic, but I'm tempted to challenge that statement. You could theoretically improve the controls to make them more "accurate" as far as assigning specific movements to an on-screen action, but what might be the tipping point is the fact that you cannot do actual or realistic boxing moves with the current technology?

[quote name='gunm']but what might be the tipping point is the fact that you cannot do actual or realistic boxing moves with the current technology?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was getting at.

The motion controls are pointless, IMO, if you can't do actual/realistic boxing motions.

Another work around is to have to hold certain buttons while doing whatever motion. That way you could to the actual motions if you wanted, and have it work as it was just the buttons held with any motion that produces say an upper cut. But that's kind of lame too IMO.

In general, the motion controls have to be pretty close to realistic motions for what you're doing on screen, or else I'd rather play with traditional controls.

Bowling is fun, as you do the real motion. Playing a sonic game where you steer him by tilting the remote was not for me. I'd rather just play a normal sonic game with normal controls.

[quote name='dmaul1114']That's what I was getting at.

The motion controls are pointless, IMO, if you can't do actual/realistic boxing motions.

Another work around is to have to hold certain buttons while doing whatever motion. That way you could to the actual motions if you wanted, and have it work as it was just the buttons held with any motion that produces say an upper cut. But that's kind of lame too IMO.

In general, the motion controls have to be pretty close to realistic motions for what you're doing on screen, or else I'd rather play with traditional controls.

Bowling is fun, as you do the real motion. Playing a sonic game where you steer him by tilting the remote was not for me. I'd rather just play a normal sonic game with normal controls.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing, you can do realistic boxing techniques. On the official Japanese site, they take the game to real boxing gyms and let the boxers try it. They all loved it and thought it was helpful for shadow bnxing.

But other reviews say the controls suck balls and are horribly inaccurate (just like the worthless boxing game in Wiisports).

[quote name='dmaul1114']But other reviews say the controls suck balls and are horribly inaccurate (just like the worthless boxing game in Wiisports).[/QUOTE]

I can't say how most of the reviewers played, but my guess is that they didn't play all that long, don't know how to properly use the controls, or just flailed like crazy. On a message board, dedicated to Hajime no Ippo, members already have the Japanese game. One players impression said that he was able to do what he wanted to do 95% of the time. So I'm thinking and hoping that this game only needs some getting use to.

It would have to be pretty much 100% accuracy with the actual punch movements for me to bother.

Sorry, but if it's not that I'd rather use traditional controls which are perfectly accurate once you learn them.

I just don't dig motion controls at all unless you're imitating the real motion and it works as well or better than traditional controls.

As for the time played argument, that would suggest that natural punching movements don't work, otherwise their wouldnt' be a learning curve as people would just be jabbing, hooking, uppercutting etc. and having it work. If there's a learning curve it's probably either overly picky on motions and/or the motions are different that normal punching motions (i.e. the crazy exaggerations you have to do to get a hook in Wiisports Boxing).

[quote name='dmaul1114']It would have to be pretty much 100% accuracy with the actual punch movements for me to bother.

Sorry, but if it's not that I'd rather use traditional controls which are perfectly accurate once you learn them.

I just don't dig motion controls at all unless you're imitating the real motion and it works as well or better than traditional controls.

As for the time played argument, that would suggest that natural punching movements don't work, otherwise their wouldn't' be a learning curve as people would just be jabbing, hooking, uppercutting etc. and having it work. If there's a learning curve it's probably either overly picky on motions and/or the motions are different that normal punching motions (i.e. the crazy exaggerations you have to do to get a hook in Wiisports Boxing).[/QUOTE]

Its funny that theres that claim of real boxers liking it and regular Joe's having trouble. Ever think that regular Joe's are doing something wrong? Too fast for the game character?

With motion controls you must also still be limited by your game characters stamina, speed, accuracy etc. Watch a real boxing match, all pros throw a wide or wild punch once in a while, even when they didn't intend to.

The other aspect is that the controllers can be held various ways. I loved Wii boxing and have my character literally off the charts. I can do almost anything I want, uppercuts can be a bit difficult at times though.

What I am getting at is most people I let play wii boxing aimed the wii remote at the screen like well, a remote control. I had to literally tell them multiple times to hold it in their hands like a fist with the "tip" of the remote aimed at the ceiling. That made all the difference in their productivity on the game.

So it gets into more than what you, or anyone else things realistic controls are. There are simple variables that are built into games, and players themselves that effect the enjoyment for people.

I'd be suspicious that he stuff with boxers was just promo pieces, and that they were paid/encouraged to help promote the game.

But time will tell I guess. I'm a harsher critic than many as I just don't like motion controls much beyond simple things like flicking your wrist to swing a sword etc. So it has to be something awesome to make me stand up and punch etc. as games are my down time and I'd rather lay on the couch and push buttons most of the time.

I don't know if anyone watched the videos in the OP, but the first gameplay video posted shows a "critical" blow where it shows the skeleton effect.

[quote name='Prolific']I found some gameplay videos. These people don't seem to be doing uppercuts, hooks, etc. Just punching as fast as they can?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7D2L8AtkM[/QUOTE]

They're not playing Victorious Boxers, they're playing Wii Boxing w/ the Ippo intro song in the background. It says in the description.

[quote name='Prolific']Ah, my bad. I was too lazy to read the description, sorry.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, you were just trying to contribute. Post more if you find anything or feel like it..

[quote name='Snake2715']Thanks for the update I need to preorder this on Saturday[/QUOTE]

Ya np. I'm not sure if it's in Gamestop or EB's computer yet, but I was able to preorder it from Gamecrazy. Just a heads up.

I has an import of the first one on PS2 and it seemed okay.

I'll probably buy this for $20 or less, only cause the 2nd one on PS2 was like what $14.99 MSRP? $39.99 for implemented Wii controls seems like a fleece.

[quote name='freshzen']I has an import of the first one on PS2 and it seemed okay.

I'll probably buy this for $20 or less, only cause the 2nd one on PS2 was like what $14.99 MSRP? $39.99 for implemented Wii controls seems like a fleece.[/QUOTE]

VB2 was on the ps2 for $9.99 but it had been out in Japan for years before it came out here. This game was just released in japan this year and it will be the first sole wii boxing game.

Also for everyone, this is now the featured game on the CAG Buzz. So enter an win a free copy.

bread's done
Back