Video Game return policy in TRU?

sm0k1nace

CAGiversary!
if i bought fable 3 for $60 and is still sealed but i dont have the receipt can i exchange it for another game with the same cost for example?

no receipt = no.

http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=returns

Return Guidelines for Video Games, Accessories, and Systems/Computer Software/VHS Cassettes/DVDs/Music/Electronics/Radio-Control Items/ Trading Cards/Collectibles/ Consumer Electronics/Monitors and Breastpumps

We will accept returns of the following items within 45 days from the date of purchase: video games, accessories, and systems; computer software; VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles; consumer electronics; monitors and breastpumps. The original in-store receipt or online packing slip is required and the item must be returned in its unopened and factory-sealed package. If the item has been opened, we will not be able to process the return.

But i havent opened the game and it hasnt even been a 4 days since i bought it. I cant exchange it for another one?

How the fuck does a person lose a receipt in 4 days? Keep it in the bag with the game or tape the mf'er to the game if you're that forgetful.

Honestly OP, it's like the people who trade in new release games a week from release with JUST the disc/cart. How the hell do people 'lose' everything within a week?

If you used a credit card to buy the game, have them look up the receipt/transaction for you that way. Otherwise you're SOL.

^^^ Have to agree with the above poster, how do you lose the receipt in 4 days, especially if you think you may return it later (which is obviously the case here).

Further, think about it. TRU has had many discounted deals lately, w/o a receipt they have no idea if you really paid $60, or if you even bought the game @ TRU. It's not on TRU to prove your undocumented purchase. Your only hope is if you purchased with a credit card, and going back to the same store where you purchased.

Haha yea idk i dont usually lose receipts this is prob the first time in a while and yea i paid with a cc so ill look into it. Thanks gus

if you paid with a cc, TRU has been able to look it up. There's actually a scan of your receipt in their system (at least that's what happened for me).

bread's done
Back