Video Game Soundtracks

Be careful about buying soundtrack from stores - they're more than likely bootlegs. Check the makers because they're fake if they're made by SM or Ever Anime.

I have a perfect site for this, nothing illegal or anything, here check it out:

Code:
http://www.vgmusic.com/

[quote name='Sejad']I have a perfect site for this, nothing illegal or anything, here check it out:

Code:
http://www.vgmusic.com/
[/QUOTE]

true..check that site out, but to be honest, i would check the ebay price of that item vs vgmusic..you will find it cheaper than vgmusic on ebay.

Do you mean MP3s or actual soundtracks? MP3s can be found easily online, but as for old soundtracks, I guess eBay but there's a lot of bootlegs on there.

ok......how do i tell if something is boot legged?

i have bought off of ebay
1 castlevania 2disc soundtrack (Dracula X/Bloodlines)
and the 6 disc Resident Evil: Best of collection (which contains the RE4 music)

Check the label that printed them. If it says SM (Son May) or Ever Anime, among other labels, it's bootlegged. Unless you paid more than $25 for each, it's prolly bootlegged.

Check this for info on identifying bootlegs.

I've been looking for the Valkyrie Profile OST. It's out of print and I'm thinking my chances of finding it are slim. I know I can get the mp3s of the internet, but I would like to have the physical CDs too. I can't even find it on ebay. The only ones on there are the arrange album. Do you guys know of any good places to look?

eeep

Castlevania: Dracula X/Bloodlines 2 cds
Biohazard:Outbreak File 1
Biohazard(RE) best of 6 cd set

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ALL OF THEM are on the bootleg maker list :(

i knew something was fishy when my pc cd drive would not play them, but normal players would.

Funny, all of them look professionally made, to a certain degree.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i'd like to find an non bootleged of that music as well.[/QUOTE]

They never released it :cry: If you know where to get a bootleg...*cough PM me cough*.

can someone just link me to an mp3 (NOT A MIDI) of the perfect dark main menu theme song? I'd love that.

[quote name='cyrix`']can someone just link me to an mp3 (NOT A MIDI) of the perfect dark main menu theme song? I'd love that.[/QUOTE]
I don't know of anywhere with the mp3s, but zophar has the music ripped from the game. This plugin will let you play the files in winamp. If you want mp3s, there are plugins that turn your output into mp3s, like this plugin or this plugin.

[quote name='erehwon']I don't know of anywhere with the mp3s, but zophar has the music ripped from the game. This plugin will let you play the files in winamp. If you want mp3s, there are plugins that turn your output into mp3s, like this plugin or this plugin.[/QUOTE]
word up sluts; ths man knows his shit.

anyway i'm here to tell you that some "bootlegs" are actually just legitimate Taiwanese/Korean releases. Ever Anime is shit shit shit SHIT, but Son May (SM) isn't so bad. I actually prefer the cover art for the SM FF7 OST over the Digicube one.

I try to avoid getting game soundtracks on eBay because most sellers don't even know they're dealing in bootlegs.

www.cocoebiz.com is another great site for game music. www.cdjapan.co.jp can be useful sometimes too.

I don't think Sonic 1-3 OSTs were released. Your best bet is to just convert Zophar Domain's stuff into mp3s. I do that for a lot of classic game songs that were never OST-ified, like some tunes from BoF3 and Earthbound. Yes.

[quote name='erehwon']I don't know of anywhere with the mp3s, but zophar has the music ripped from the game. This plugin will let you play the files in winamp. If you want mp3s, there are plugins that turn your output into mp3s, like this plugin or this plugin.[/QUOTE]

But the mp3s will be the same grainy quality as the SPCs directly ripped from an emulator like ZSNES, correct? Meaning they might not even sound as good as a MIDI depending on your sound card.

Marked for later read.

[quote name='c']word up sluts; ths man knows his shit.

anyway i'm here to tell you that some "bootlegs" are actually just legitimate Taiwanese/Korean releases. Ever Anime is shit shit shit SHIT, but Son May (SM) isn't so bad. I actually prefer the cover art for the SM FF7 OST over the Digicube one.

I try to avoid getting game soundtracks on eBay because most sellers don't even know they're dealing in bootlegs.

www.cocoebiz.com is another great site for game music. www.cdjapan.co.jp can be useful sometimes too.

I don't think Sonic 1-3 OSTs were released. Your best bet is to just convert Zophar Domain's stuff into mp3s. I do that for a lot of classic game songs that were never OST-ified, like some tunes from BoF3 and Earthbound. Yes.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up...Sonic 2 Adventure OST WAS released. Picked it up a year ago from the Virgin Megastore in NYC :p

[quote name='ITDEFX']thanks for the heads up...Sonic 2 Adventure OST WAS released. Picked it up a year ago from the Virgin Megastore in NYC :p[/QUOTE]
Yeah but he was referring to Sonic the Hedgehog 2, not Sonic Adventure 2. S.Adventure 1 and 2 and Heroes all had OST releases.

Actually i don't mind the bootlegs (SM, Everanime) when i consider sometimes it's the only way to get my hands on out of print cds.

thx for the info about zophar.

what version of winamp do you need?

I installed the plugin and winamp recongizes the file in my directory but it won't play the N64 files... I'm running 2.91 because I remember that was the only way for winamp to run the SNES files.

[quote name='ITDEFX']thanks for the heads up...Sonic 2 Adventure OST WAS released. Picked it up a year ago from the Virgin Megastore in NYC :p[/QUOTE]

The US release of the SA2 soundtrack does not contain the full OST though, it's more of a "best of" selection, but with the added vocal tracks.

The true soundtrack contains every musical selection in the game (not SA2: Battle though, as that version was released later than the OST and had maybe 6 extra songs), minus the vocal songs, which were released (along with karaoke versions) on a seperate CD alltogether.

Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 never got a proper CD OST released.
Look up some of the Dreams Come True CDs though, they are the band that composed the music for those two games, and a few of their songs are similar. They actually put one of their hit songs into Sonic 2, as the ending theme. It's called "Sweet Dream".

Sonic 3 & Knuckles got sort of a remix CD, but the whole thing was recorded from what I guess can be described as official MIDI remixes--I once had a MIDI synth that sounded *exactly* like everything on that CD.

I know way too much about Sonic the Hedgehog music.
If you ever look on vgmusic.com, you'll likely find a bunch of sequences I've made (lots of Sonic ones, of course, too).
Anything under the name Stacy Anne Christiansen.

Lmao, about 5 years ago, I bought the Final Fantasy VIII OST off of eBay. Thanks to a link posted, I just found out it's a bootleg. A quality one at that, because it looks very authentic.

Too late to care now though.

[quote name='sabin23']what version of winamp do you need?

I installed the plugin and winamp recongizes the file in my directory but it won't play the N64 files... I'm running 2.91 because I remember that was the only way for winamp to run the SNES files.[/QUOTE]

I'm using 5.112.

www.gamemusic.com

I've bought from them before, although it's been a couple years. Had no issues and the products were most certainly NOT bootlegs. Lovely imported Japanese soundtracks with all the fixin's =)

bread's done
Back