Video Game Testing

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
This may sound stupid and all, but I have nothing to lose in asking about video game testing. I'm a new member, so I hope i posted this in the right thread because I do not want to piss anyone off. I'm just wondering as much as everyone about video game testing. I need a job to make some extra cash, so i been browsing for video game testing positions. I found sites, but do not know which one to trust and I'm unsure if they are scams. Anyone have any comments, suggestions, or any experience with the sites or video game testing? Thank you, I apologize for the long thread.

"I'm a new member, so I hope i posted this in the right thread because I do not want to piss anyone off"

Stop lying, you didn't even look at the forum name, you just posted as soon as you could.

Sorry for being rough, but come on.

OP, I know you're probably like 19 years old and think it sounds cool to play videogames all day and get paid, but I'm gonna burst your bubble: it's a fucking lameass job, and even if you did want to endure it, your chances of getting into the QA business, without being really fucking lucky, are nil. Forget about it. And yes, any websites going on about "GET PAID $$$$$ TO PALY VIDEOGAEMS!!!" are bullshit.

Try looking for a real job.

Also, wrong forum. Big time. Like Zen said, you just posted as fast as you could.

[quote name='Malik112099']I don't think video game testers are regular ass joe's off the street...I thought they were programmers and such...[/QUOTE]

Not really. They're all sorts of folks involved in that business.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']This may sound stupid and all, but I have nothing to lose in asking about video game testing. I'm a new member, so I hope i posted this in the right thread because I do not want to piss anyone off. I'm just wondering as much as everyone about video game testing. I need a job to make some extra cash, so i been browsing for video game testing positions. I found sites, but do not know which one to trust and I'm unsure if they are scams. Anyone have any comments, suggestions, or any experience with the sites or video game testing? Thank you, I apologize for the long thread. [/QUOTE]

in for 1000!!!!

cmon don't acted like an idiot.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']This may sound stupid and all, but I have nothing to lose in asking about video game testing. I'm a new member, so I hope i posted this in the right thread [/QUOTE]

borat_lebanon0109.jpg

My advice is to search from studio to studio on the web. Look in their job section and see if they are currently hiring for QA. (Quality Assurance) It really is not that hard to get into, its just a matter of timing.

P.S. Relax everyone, he is just asking a question.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']OP, I know you're probably like 19 years old and think it sounds cool to play videogames all day and get paid, but I'm gonna burst your bubble: it's a fucking lameass job, and even if you did want to endure it, your chances of getting into the QA business, without being really fucking lucky, are nil. Forget about it. And yes, any websites going on about "GET PAID $$$$$ TO PALY VIDEOGAEMS!!!" are bullshit.

Try looking for a real job.

[/QUOTE]

This.

I'm not a video game tester, but I've done beta testing for games in my spare time and whoooooo boy! I do not envy the paid QA testers...by the time people get free beta games they've gone through some kind of polishing process (but are still often turds). QA people have to sit through forced playing of those pieces of shit until they resemble something that is fun to play. Not only that, there are literally thousands of people out there like me who voluntarily test games for free (because hell, they are FREE) in their spare time, so it makes the chance of getting a paid tester position like winning the lottery. Good luck finding a paid game tester position (although you could always move to an Asian country and work in a RMT trade sweatshop, I hear those pay good in their respective countries, and then burn in hell after you die. But hey, you wanted to play video games all day!).

[quote name='MrSpug']My advice is to search from studio to studio on the web. Look in their job section and see if they are currently hiring for QA. (Quality Assurance) It really is not that hard to get into, its just a matter of timing.

P.S. Relax everyone, he is just asking a question.[/QUOTE]

Agree with MrSpug, going to individual studio websites. The last studio I worked at was small, but had atleast 3 QA testers on at all time, and brought on more during the end of projects. Also, publishers keep rather large QA pools but are usually looking for specific talent (speak another language = QA localization tester)

It is hell at points and I did pity the testers when you seen them staring at corners waiting for a memory issue to occur and watch the game world turn to swiss cheese, but it is a good way to get your foot in the door and new software is making the more mundane stuff not require human interaction.

Good Luck.

bread's done
Back