Video Games as Art - Literally!

retrovertigo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My wife and I created some pop-art using some retro Atari 2600 games from Goozex, some different-sized shadow boxes, some adhesive spray/glue, and a little creativity!

Below are a couple of photographs of the artwork we now have hanging on the wall.

If you'd like to know more about how I did it, check out this article:

Video Games as Art (GoozerNation.com)

picture.php

picture.php

Awesome. I've been thinking over the past year how I'm going to incorporate video hardware/manuals/boxes/etc into displayable art. These are great. I still have all my old 2600 games, boxes, and manuals too from when I was like six years-old. Have no idea how I kept them at that age. I'm guessing parents had something to do with it though.

Cool. For my videogame artwork I just take some high rez videogame art from the internet, get them printed, and frame them. I only have two so far, one of Yoshi's island and another from Donkey Kong Country.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Thanks for the kind words!

That video game artwork is really cool! We've been looking for things like that, but with some Pixar/Disney themes for the kids. There are some really cool concept artwork for The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., and Up that I'd love to get larger copies of to frame. Amazing stuff!

Very cool retrovertigo. I actually have several of those games, but I wouldn't want to frame the actual games because
a) many of the labels aren't in good shape :(
b) I still want to play them sometimes!

I do like the idea, though...

Pretty rad.

I collect merch pretty heavily for one retro series and a few random pieces from other series and I have been looking for ways to display it all nicely. This gave me a few great ideas.

bread's done
Back