Videogame Chairs/Rockers - Anyone try them?

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Anyone try those videogame/movie chair rockers? Ive seen different ones from $80 and up, and they seem like a decent piece of furniture if you're couchis too far from the TV. Anyone have one? Opinions or reviews anywhere on these?

I've been wondering the same thing as of late. I saw Wal-Mart has those X - Rockers (I think) in bulk for $100.

I tried one. When I sat in it, the chair rolled on its back and was a little difficult to get into a normal upright sitting position. I didn't find them to be particularly comfortable and they were exceedingly difficult to get out of.

If you really need a video game chair, do yourself a favor: Go to the salvation army or any other 2nd hand furniture store and find yourself a cheap lounger. I bought one for $20 and its practically the only thing i play video games in. Bonus points if it comes with the built in retractable ottoman thing. Doesn't have to be a super plus La-Z-Boy, but they are nicer than plastic with thin padding.

Whatever stereo video game chair they had at Walmart for $99.99 was fucking awesome.

I bought one at best buy and it rocks, its true its a pain to get out of them but its not that big of a deal. I saw them last week at circuit city.com for about $56.

I heard that the video game rockers that Best Buy sells falls apart when you sit on it. As an alternative to that chair I use a comfortable computer chair I paid $40 for and an ottoman I bought at wal-mart that's like a beanbag for $10. Don't let the slim pickings make your decision!

Recycled furniture sounds the way to go. Guess I'll look into the offerings around here tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight on the various rockers. I just know that after using the X-Rocker for a long period of time, it looked like it'd be incredibly uncomfortable with the smashed and worn-out padding.

I have tried two different brands of these chairs and both were not comfortable. Bean bag chairs aren't very comfortable either, but they beat the hell out of these gimmicky rockers.

Someone pick me up an AK (AX?) Rocker for my birthday last year. It's the version they sell at Best Buy. Comfortable but don't let your fat ass friends sit. There is a weight limit and if you exceed it the chair kind of falls apart.

bread's done
Back