• Display Boxes
  • Artwork Inserts
  • Box & Instruction Sets
  • Replacement Cases

Now through September 18th.

Use COUPON SEP32 during checkout.

http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets.com/servlet/StoreFront

-------------------------------------

I've used them before and have been extremely pleased with what I got. Probably a mixed assortment of 12 or so different PS2 items all in mint condition. Shipping usually murders the deal but if you place a big enough order and since everything is 32% off you could really fix up your collection with one blow and for a great price.

1 PS3 Instruction booklet has 5.00 shipping. The shipping is twice as much as the merchandise after the 32% off.

I'd have to get a lot of incomplete games to place an order here.

I always want to order from them but the shipping kills the deal every time. Of course they do offer free in store pick up if you live near Fresno, CA.

they have a lot of pokemon boxes i want but damn the shipping
i really just need the pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky manual

Does the shipping increase with each item? I have to ask because I don't want to register on their site just to find out. Thanks!

[quote name='Dysheekie']Does the shipping increase with each item? I have to ask because I don't want to register on their site just to find out. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, and pretty considerably too. I've never ordered from them even though they have some stuff that I really want because of their outrageous shipping prices. I think they wanted $35 just to ship 15 or 20 GBA boxes+manuals once (which they would probably flatten anyway), and I assume it's pretty much the same for boxes+manuals for other systems.

Either their shipping calculator is totally borked and they don't care or they're just trying to profit massively from shipping.

[quote name='fwbweux']Yes, and pretty considerably too. I've never ordered from them even though they have some stuff that I really want because of their outrageous shipping prices. I think they wanted $35 just to ship 15 or 20 GBA boxes+manuals once (which they would probably flatten anyway), and I assume it's pretty much the same for boxes+manuals for other systems.

Either their shipping calculator is totally borked and they don't care or they're just trying to profit massively from shipping.[/QUOTE]

change the shipping to UPS instead. UPS is cheaper than USPS for big orders. I've never seen the shipping price go over $15 when I choose UPS.

[quote name='esq373']change the shipping to UPS instead. UPS is cheaper than USPS for big orders. I've never seen the shipping price go over $15 when I choose UPS.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

I wish this 32% off included the shipping price. They want over $5 to ship a single case when it absolutely does not cost that much. I'll keep waiting it out because the 32% off saves me practically nothing with their shipping costs.

this site has never had Sonic+Sega All-Stars artwork for PS3. That and a Fable 3 manual are pretty much all I need currently and I don't want to buy the Fable 3 manual on it's own for that much in shipping.

[quote name='fwbweux']Yes, and pretty considerably too. I've never ordered from them even though they have some stuff that I really want because of their outrageous shipping prices. I think they wanted $35 just to ship 15 or 20 GBA boxes+manuals once (which they would probably flatten anyway), and I assume it's pretty much the same for boxes+manuals for other systems.

[/QUOTE]

I bought a few GBA boxes from them and they always have the same problem: the top right corner of the front is always slit (like it was cut) 1/8-1/4 of an inch- might not seem bad but every time you open them, you risk that slit getting bigger. The worse part is that they're just the boxes/manuals- you won't get the trays or any bonus stuff (like the posters/cards frequently included with Pokemon games).

[quote name='ijustw1n']How bout find a CAG who lives nearby, have him pick them up an ship regular mail to cut costs.[/QUOTE]

I think they still charge a handling fee, which is why their shipping is so high.

I find this important to say so much that this will be my first post.

I've ordered an instruction booklet and box art for a ps2 and ds game respectively. I never got my order and the tracking said it arrived. I asked them if they sent it to the right address and they gave me the correct one.

Buyer beware + yes the shipping is absurd.

[quote name='kiddykoff']I find this important to say so much that this will be my first post.

I've ordered an instruction booklet and box art for a ps2 and ds game respectively. I never got my order and the tracking said it arrived. I asked them if they sent it to the right address and they gave me the correct one.

Buyer beware + yes the shipping is absurd.[/QUOTE]

Then you should have had them request a trace on the package. They would have gone back to the driver and tried to figure out where it was delivered/left.

[quote name='esq373']change the shipping to UPS instead. UPS is cheaper than USPS for big orders. I've never seen the shipping price go over $15 when I choose UPS.[/QUOTE]

Well, their shipping is distance-based as well, so if you live closer to Cali it might be cheaper from you. I once tried to get a friend in Cali to order some stuff for me to see if it'd be cheaper for them to get it then send it to me, and while it was cheaper (30 - 40%) it was still insanely overpriced.

[quote name='Vinny']I bought a few GBA boxes from them and they always have the same problem: the top right corner of the front is always slit (like it was cut) 1/8-1/4 of an inch- might not seem bad but every time you open them, you risk that slit getting bigger. The worse part is that they're just the boxes/manuals- you won't get the trays or any bonus stuff (like the posters/cards frequently included with Pokemon games). [/QUOTE]

Eeeeeugh, kind of glad that I never ordered from them now even though they had some pretty rare boxes like Boktai 2 and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town. While I don't demand the extra leaflets with my GBA games, I still prefer them, and I really don't like cuts in my boxes. Guess I'll keep completing my GBA games the old-fashioned way.

[quote name='Mizzou75']this site has never had Sonic+Sega All-Stars artwork for PS3. That and a Fable 3 manual are pretty much all I need currently and I don't want to buy the Fable 3 manual on it's own for that much in shipping.[/QUOTE]

Gamestops i go to let me take the booklets from used games If they are avalible. You should ask them as they can care less about them.

As for this sale that shipping negates any potental deal here. I am going to bookmark this site though

Ive ordered GBA box/manuals from them 3 times and everytime they all have the trays, and most have the extra inserts. Ive order about 30 boxes from them and maybe 2 or 3 had a little damage the rest were mint.

edit: I look at it this way, the 32% is free shipping. I think $4-5 a GBA set is well worth it. I need to order some ds stuff from them soon.

[quote name='Tempius']I look at it this way, the 32% is free shipping..[/QUOTE]

Dude... No, it's really not.

DS case & manual = $4.94

After discount = $3.36

$5.63 shipping

Total without discount = $10.57 (not including any tax)

Total with discount = $8.99 (not including any tax)

Savings = $1.58 (not even close to "free shipping")

Percent saved overall = ~15%

If your just gonna order one item shipping it gonna suck but the more you order the % gets better. Yeah it still sucks but whats your other option? Go to ebay?

If they charged what the items actually cost to ship they'd make more. At a couple dollars an item, I probably would spend 500 dollars there a year. As it is, I spend nothing.

[quote name='Tempius']If your just gonna order one item shipping it gonna suck but the more you order the % gets better. Yeah it still sucks but whats your other option? Go to ebay?[/QUOTE]

Might as well. I haven't exhaustively examined eBay for cases/manuals because I've only needed a few, but the ones I've found are half the price of this site including shipping, or at worst their the same price shipped, which doesn't give one much incentive to buy from this store anyway.

Assuming you can get $15 UPS shipping for buying multiple items instead of their overcharged First Class Mail, you have to buy $47 of products for your 32% discount to equal $15, or free shipping. That's just under 10 cases+manuals. I don't think the average CAG needs that many, though obviously there are some collectors here who have a number of incomplete games they'd like to complete.

So yes, buying more will eventually save you more, but I don't think that works out in most people's favor here. But for those of you who needs lots of stuff - enjoy!

Just a word of caution for the extra-anal CAG's out there. I ordered a Halo Reach insert and manual and it was a little wrinkley. Sure, not bad for most people, but I'm pretty particular when it comes to this stuff. It wasn't up to my standards.

My first order was for a bunch of Gamecube manuals, and even a "complete" set for Viewtiful Joe. All 100% immaculate. Even included the white warranty insert that are in most games.

I ordered another batch today using this code, to help clean up some of the disc only games I grabbed from the GS sale.

[quote name='tambasmd']1 PS3 Instruction booklet has 5.00 shipping. The shipping is twice as much as the merchandise after the 32% off.

I'd have to get a lot of incomplete games to place an order here.[/QUOTE]

Hope its not like their ebay store. On ebay they charge you for shipping on every order, even if you buy 2 manuals from them they charge you shipping on both instead combining shipping.

[quote name='Tempius']If your just gonna order one item shipping it gonna suck but the more you order the % gets better. Yeah it still sucks but whats your other option? Go to ebay?[/QUOTE]
Why not check out the Game case/artwork/manual mega buy/sell/trade list that's up on CAG?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176892

I point this out every time someone posts about this site, since there's quite a few CAG's with quite a few cases/artworks/manuals for sale/trade up on there.

Tried to make an order and it did not go through!
I checked my bank account, which shows a debit then a credit. Looks like their processor is not accepting payments at the moment?

Hmmm, I wonder what Like New means for the replacement cases. Are they used games or did they literally unwrap the game, take everything out, and then store the case right away?

Eh, bought 5 display boxes for $17 shipped. Didn't need the manuals, just the artwork. But shipping was $6.xx for me, so the 32% paid for most of that.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Eh, bought 5 display boxes for $17 shipped. Didn't need the manuals, just the artwork. But shipping was $6.xx for me, so the 32% paid for most of that.[/QUOTE]

How was shipping so low for you?

Expensive stuff, even with a discount. But, my OCD has kicked in and caused me to order from them a few times. Everything has always shown up in great condition.

I picked up 5 gba box/manual sets for $19.xx including shipping. Not cheap but not horrid either. Their shipping is nuts though. I mainly look for GB original boxes and manuals which tend to be more scarce.

Search for a Facebook page named "Other People's Treasure". It's an independent reseller. He's got tons of orphaned Nintendo DS boxes with inserts, some as low as $1.

I picked up the one artwork insert that I needed for $1.61. Thank the heavens that I am local as I will be picking this up from the local store hopefully by next weekend (Sometimes they take their time to have the items sent...)

It sucks that they overcharge on shipping, but I guess they have to make money somehow. I used to frequent their retail stores a lot during the 8 bit/16 bit era (they got started selling Atari ST & Amiga games back in the day in fact), but they have focused more on mail order over the last few console generations. Last time I seen the owner was in a Blockbuster where he was buying games in bulk during a buy one get one free sale a few years ago. Guess that would make him the ultimate flipper ;) just sayin'

[quote name='ryanflucas']I picked up 5 gba box/manual sets for $19.xx including shipping. Not cheap but not horrid either. Their shipping is nuts though. I mainly look for GB original boxes and manuals which tend to be more scarce.

Search for a Facebook page named "Other People's Treasure". It's an independent reseller. He's got tons of orphaned Nintendo DS boxes with inserts, some as low as $1.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! Thanks! Tons of old console boxes too.

bread's done
Back