Videogames with special Cover art/Cases

Persona7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, I have always been interested in the slip covers and or shiny foil/holographic/Lenticular box art.

Does anyone have any good examples of games with cool/shiny boxart/Cartridges?

I realized this when I was looking at my Jade Empire and Pokemon Platinum covers.

Best Buy had a shiny metallic (metallic packaging?) edition of Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for pre-order a while back.

These are the ones I own that haven't been mentioned.

Shiny Covers:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Jet Set Radio Future
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (PS2) - also a double sided cover
Parappa The Rapper 2
Mortal Kombat Gold
Kirby Superstar Ultra
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure CE (XB)
Stranglehold CE (PS3)

Slipcovers:
Ninja Gaiden II
FEAR 2 (360)
Mortal Kombat: Deception CE (XB) - also shiny
Prince of Persia LE (360) - more of a box than a slipcover.

Steelbook cases:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon CE (PS2)
Doom 3 CE (XB)
Halo 2 CE
Lost Planet CE

Covers with alternate/limited/double sided art:
Bioshock LE
God of War
God of War II
Star Wars Bounty Hunter (GC)
Okami - the 2 free covers Capcom gave away via mail.
Counter Strike (XB) - preorder bonus cover

If anyone knows any other double sided/reversible covers please tell!

I was at Target tonight and saw the Resident Evil 5 PC-DVD Lenticular cover moving with me from the bottom row of the endcap as I walked by it.

Big Bang Mini (DS) has a hard-to-ignore lenticular slipcover as well. Almost on par with the hard-to-enjoyness of the game.

:360: Prey (large metal box w/ pewter figurines and artbook)
:ds: The Dark Spire (Cardboard outer box w/ soundtrack)
:ps2: Dragon Quest VIII (Cardboard outer box)

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (lenticular label on cartridge)

I believe there's an alternate foil cover art for Xenosaga Ep III available out there but its somewhat difficult to find.

Most Collector's/Special/Limited Editions at least have alternate box art, so I won't name too many here:

Conan, Stranglehold CE on the Xbox 360 also has shiny artwork.

Oni on the PS2 had shiny artwork as did The Matrix: Path of Neo (Enter the Matrix maybe, I have the Player's Choice version which isn't, but the original might be).

Deus Ex on the original Xbox had shiny artwork.

Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition has a gold slipcase and alternate box art (grenade and title on a pure white background)

Phantom Brave on the Wii has a slipcase and the Conduit SE has alternate, shiny artwork.

Fable II LE has a slipcase and alternate, double sided artwork.

Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero for the PSP comes with a slipcase (and a soundtrack) as does Ys on the DS

Both the PS3 and standard 360 versions of Bioshock had Slipcovers

There is a version of Enchanted Arms with a slipcase and a short graphic novel. Never officially an LE.

Many, many PC games come in slipcases (I just bought Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper with a slipcase) but the game Evidence has pretty nice packaging. Its basically a dvd case labelled to look like police evidence inside a plastic evidence bag.

There are also two versions of Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. There's the standard edition that's mostly blue then there's the one that was included in a PS3 bundle that's all red.

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head

bread's done
Back