videogamesplus.ca to drop 20 PS3 games to 20$

jeffx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Over the next 30 days, VGP.ca will drop 20 different PS3 games to 20$. A new title will be announced on their blog on a daily basis.

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

They will then be "tossed" into the PS3 bargain bin section, which already has over 40 PS3 games @ 20$, so might want to check that out.

Small caveat: keep your orders to one game!! Their shipping rate is kinda messed up. 1 game = 3$, 2 games = 10$... how the fuck does that make sense?!? It should be 5$... not 10$!!! But at least tax is just 5% (though again, WTF does that number come from...)

[quote name='lustyhitter']I think there will be one more big one for $19.99. I don't think Saints Row 2 will be the only blockbuster. Imagine if they get Valkyria Chronicles as one of the games.[/quote]

I tend to think I have a wonderful imagination, but even mine has some limits. ;)

I'd really like to see Heavenly Sword and Folklore go down.

Both were out within a year of the PS3 launch (so they're two years old) and yet both continue to sit at 59.99 (though I have seen Folklore slightly cheaper)

Hell Heavenly Sword meets all the Greatest Hits criteria, and if the numbers I've seen on Folklore are accurate, it's pretty close as well.

Valkyria Chronicles would be sweet too, but I don't see that happening.

It'd totally make sense for Heavenly Sword, Ratchet&Clank and Uncharted to drop in price...here's to hoping one of those will be tomorrow! :D

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot Uncharted.

That needs a price cut, especially with a sequel on the way.

Drop the price to get more people playing the original, get them wanting the sequel, more money all around. It's just smart business!

Hrmm....I've thought about picking up Lost Planet as it looked interesting

Anybody played it? Any good?

If you have an Xbox 360, get the Xbox 360 Colonies Edition. Otherwise, I'd skip it. It's pretty buggy for the PS3, apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone was interested in their pre-played selection, they have a promo this weekend (until Monday) for free-shipping of WiiPS360 games.
:lol:

I wonder what they've got planned for the final day.

Hopefully something big, like Saints Row 2 last week

[quote name='Zyzomys']I purchased Army of Two for the PS3 at Wal-mart for $18.83 a couple of weeks ago. It is in the discount bin.[/quote]
Yeah, a bunch of the stuff VGP had on sale is at Walmart for $18.93, so save the shipping ;)

[quote name='djsaiyan']I wonder what they've got planned for the final day.

Hopefully something big, like Saints Row 2 last week[/quote]
I've been pretty disappointed, every morning. The one day I studied really hard in the morning was the day they put up an epic deal like that. I tried studying real hard this morning, but the deal wasn't that great in the end. Ergo, studying and deals are two independent events... ah!!!!!:whistle2:#

An announcement:
Last day of 20 game 20 day PS3 game price drop promotion to $19.99. Todays game will be a COLLECTOR EDITION with a minimum of 40pcs in stock. It will be a limited time special while quantities last. Price will go back up on this item when promotion ends!! It will be sold 1 Per customer stay tuned later this morning for our announcement!!

With that said...with RFD and CAG anticipating, its probably going to sell out faster than SR2.

For some odd reason, it suddenly feels like its gonna be a bad Collector's Edition...like Spiderman 3 or Stranglehold.

It better not be Fallout 3; I just bought the Collector's Edition at TSCC for $50 lol. Browsing their website, there's not much it could be. Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, MGS4, Smackdown vs Raw '09...any others?

Resistance 2 maybe

KZ2 is another possibility but that's a long, long, LONG shot

If it was Fallout 3 I'd finally pick it up

The lack of DLC or patch to make the game not end irks me greatly but at $20? Can't go wrong there.

Hrmm...Battlefield Bad Company Gold? That could be considered CE yeah?

...unless they specifically put titles they list.

They don't list either of those games on the website, though...is it possible they will add the game into the product line once it goes on sale?

If we're basing on what they have...then GTA4 could be another possibility. But if they're selling it at $90 right now...then $26 [with taxes & shipping], lol...

...but I guess that's how they'd celebrate 20 years! :D

Hmm the shipping would only be $9.99, so $29.98 + tax is still an amazing deal. If you have GTA4, sell the game for $20 and you're golden!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm the shipping would only be $9.99, so $29.98 + tax is still an amazing deal. If you have GTA4, sell the game for $20 and you're golden![/quote]

Too bad they don't do in-store pickup.

A bus that goes right past their North York store is literally a minute walk from my house

I guess I'll pass on the 007. Off topic: Anyone else who got Saint's Row 2 need a coop partner? Please add me on psn: karmafeed I played it on xbox already and don't want to do all of this stuff by myself again.

[quote name='exolstice']Still a good deal.[/quote]

Not really. It's not a very good game at all. $20 is about what it's worth tbh, and the collector's edition stuff is medicore

bread's done
Back