Viewsonic Advice Needed!

Ltor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Alright so it's about time I get an HD LCD for my 360 since i'll be renting a place this summer and I cannot bring my giant crt with me. I want the least possible lag so viewsonic seems to be a popular choice and 22' seems to be the popular size. Now I found a Viewsonic VX2262WM for 150 on craigslist, says t was won in a contest and is new in box. Hes asking $150 but what do you think I should email him offering? Also if anyone knows a lot about viewsonics could you tell me if this is the best model for 360 gaming and or If going up to a bigger size would affect the performance?

Let me know what you think guys so I can make an offer by the end of the day.

Not a very good price. I got my 23.6" Asus vh242h monitor for $175 w/free shipping. Mine has a dvi/hdmi/vga input. That monitor only has vga and dvi. So you'll need the 360 vga adapter which is 40 bucks in store for the official microsoft one. So you would spend 150 + 40 = 190.

Check www.newegg.com for monitors. You can get a bigger/better monitor for about the same price. Does your 360 have an hdmi port? Are you going to use the monitor speakers or external speakers from the monitor? Ask yourself those questions.

I wouldn't buy that monitor. He wants about retail for his used monitor, even though he says its new.

I do have HDMI on my xbox but is that the best choice for the least input lag or is VGA better?

I looked at both monitors and they are nice but I am not a huge fan of dell and I don't know that much about acer. I am pretty set on getting a viewsonic as they have been tried and tested for 360 gaming at mlg for years now. If someone who is really knowledgeable in lcd tv upscaling and knows a bigger better monitor with less delay and less motion blur has a suggestion, then I'd definitely consider it but I'm leaning towards viewsonic so hopefully some of you out there have one and can answer my questions above.

Your best bet, assuming you can find one is the Acer 21.5" LCD Full HD monitor that Target is currently clearancing. It's down to $39.98 in many stores now(down from $159.99). It's full 1080P and has an HDMI port right on it.

The DPCI number is 080-00-0167. The model number is H213H Bmid.

But there's also a model out in Target stores that replaces that one which does NOT have the HDMI port on it.

It's what I'm currently using for my PS3 and the games have never looked better.

The speakers are only 1w, but you could also jack in a surround sound system via the audio in jack it has.

Put an offer in on the view sonic for $85 and I will go to target today to look for that Acer! Wish me luck on that. Any more suggestions for deals on larger monitors would still be nice.

Did you scan the monitor at target to make sure. Sometimes target employees are lazy and dont update the prices. Or some customers will take off the clearance sticker.

[quote name='hotstud19us']Did you scan the monitor at target to make sure. Sometimes target employees are lazy and dont update the prices. Or some customers will take off the clearance sticker.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I had them scan in. Also my offer for $85 on the viewsonic was respectfully declined. I'm thinking of going larger now and spending more so if anyone has a suggestion for a great 24-28" primarily gaming monitor let me know!

bread's done
Back