Viewtiful Joe $29.99 at Target B&M

PaulEMoz

CAGiversary!
I was just at my local Target (Auburn Hills, MI) and yes, Viewtiful Joe is a Price Cut to $29.99. I didn't buy it yet, because I don't know if this is going to be cut everywhere or if it's just a Target thing, but once I find out I'll be having some of that! :D

nice price for good game. i already snatched mine up though, and trust me the 40$ = well worth it. though i can't beat one of the missions.. submarine or something where you have to dodge 6000 missiles

Cool, I am planning on picking this up eventually. It’s only a matter of time before it drops to $20 and then I will grab it for $15 at Best Buy…

I think waiting for the price drop on good and bad games is the mindset for most current gamers....oh well. I really hope that great games like Viewtiful Joe sold well at their original price point as game dev/publishers are idiots as to what to put out next.

[quote name='lurknomore']I think waiting for the price drop on good and bad games is the mindset for most current gamers....oh well. I really hope that great games like Viewtiful Joe sold well at their original price point as game dev/publishers are idiots as to what to put out next.[/quote]

def. true. I also totally believe in supporting the games you love. because that means you'll have better chances seeing the studios rocketing out another badass game. and waiting for the bargin bins for the crappy/dont really care games e.g. Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness, Matrix Reloaded. We should probably boycott preordering or strike Nintendo published games for the first month of release, since they never drop their prices.

Its sad enough Viewtiful had to start the price at $40, hence they were not sure if US mainstream was up for this type of game. I also picked this one up for $40 when it came out, and sadly before i even got to the submarine stage my nephew's friends stole it (my gf said supposely I "missplaced it" but I know he stole it :evil: " if anyone has a copy they want to part with, PM me for a trade *_*

I want to support the companies that make te games I love - the problem is prioritizing how to spend my money. I work - a lot :cry: - and I only have a few hours a week to play video games. Knowing this, I am probably only going to pick up a few titles per year and even fewer the day of release. Games that I'm interested in (i.e. Viewtiful Joe) that I don't know I will love like say, Madden, Mario, or Zelda will have to wait until a price drop for me to buy. This is good though - it means that there are lots of great games to play! :D

Be careful. Some games go out of print before they price drop. Just ask anyone who's waiting for Skies of Arcadia, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, DDR Max, or any of the GBA Castlevanias to drop. Capcom is notorious for not dropping the prices on games that weren't bona fide hits (like RE and RE ZERO). I don't know how well Viewtiful Joe did. It has a strong cult following, but I'm not sure it sold the numbers that RE did, at least in this country.

it's 29.99 new at ebgames.com too. Wait a couple days for the used price to drop from it current location of $35 AND USE THE AFF25.

I helped Joe tonight, and for the second time I might add. Never should have traded it in the first place. This game will not beat me!!!!!!!! Not twice......ARRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

the games actually more expensive than 30. those gamecube controllers cost at least 20 a pop, and im betting a lot of people are gonna be needing new ones after 5 minutes. i almost threw my wavebird out a window after trying to tackle the last boss in metroid prime and then viewtiful. cripes that game is hard.

Only in certain areas, but I never got frustrated cause I just loved every second of it. I still have my controller intact, and I'm playing it in 2 modes at the moment, and originally played it in kid mode and normal. I'm trying for the secret characters, got one, need more.

thanks! i picked it up last week because i couldnt resist, but this deal makes it absolutely irresistable! nobody has an excuse to own this game now! woot!

bread's done
Back