Vintage Stock - Metcalf (KC Area)

umcthomas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at VS today and saw a PS1 game with a sticker on it saying it is a Japanese version and "your system will need to be modified" to play the game. I find it funny that they don't even pretend to sell it legit by putting on a sticker that states it can only be used on Japanese machines.

They also have a sign that states they are buying FFVII for $25. I bet they are, they are also selling it for $85 in the case of rare games they have.

As far as deals, the only think I noted was that they had a few dozen PSP games, more than I would have thought. Some were priced reasonably, other's weren't (as is common for VS).

Why even say that umc? If the game wasn't released here or released in a way that some consumers don't find pleasing, see Unison, then I think they have a right to chip or use a boot disc on their system to play a legit disc.

There is a used book store across the street from that place that has a section of used games and dvds. I think its in the shopping center behind chilis.

I was in microcenter this weekend and they are having a 25% off sale till the 15th(it probably just drops their high prices to normal). The video game section had flyers on it but i dont know if it was 25% off all of them.

There are 2 VS stores here in Springfield, MO and both suck... laughably high prices, rude and/or braindead employees, and questionable ethics. They have a lot of bootleg anime and game/anime soundtracks that I was told "they're not bootlegs" by one and "they're not illegal because they were made where they don't have copyright laws" by another.

Ok selling bootlegged soundtracks, just ugh. Although I wish Anime companies and others would just be smart and make U.S. versions. Me myself, I would loved to get ahold of a JSR soundtrack for $15 legit shippeed to here.

[quote name='ospriteo']There is a used book store across the street from that place that has a section of used games and dvds. I think its in the shopping center behind chilis.
[/quote]
I think you mean Half-Price Books. That is a good place to go if you like to bargain hunt. My friend found a first edition 2001 book for $1. They also carry old PC games that didn't sell the first time around. Not much of a selection of console games though. There's another HPB in Olathe and one in westport.

[quote name='monoxide101']
There are 2 VS stores here in Springfield, MO and both suck... laughably high prices, rude and/or braindead employees, and questionable ethics. They have a lot of bootleg anime and game/anime soundtracks that I was told "they're not bootlegs" by one and "they're not illegal because they were made where they don't have copyright laws" by another.
[/quote]
The ones in Springfield does seem to be worse than the ones up here. However, I believe you have an Entertainmart (is this still the name) to take the edge off.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I've never heard of this place, am I missing much?[/quote]

It depends, when I first started shopping there they had some discontinued trading card game packs at decent prices. But once I bought a few they seemed to raise there prices awfuly fast. They have old toys (star wars etc.) that are fun to look at, but are overpriced. A couple years ago I would always find something to buy, but not lately. I would suggest stopping by one if you are in the area, but not otherwise (a good excuse is if you want to go to MicroCenter, and who doesn't).

[quote name='umcthomas']The one's in Springfield does seem to be worse than the one's up here. However, I believe you have an Entertainmart (is this still the name) to take the edge off.[/quote]

Yep, we do have Entertainmart, which is a great store. During their 4th of July sale they had tons of DVDs for $5, a lot of anime marked down to $7.99, and all of thier $3.99 bargain CDs were 99 cents. The only complaint I have with them is that a lot of their DVD box sets tend to be overpriced and used anime is generally priced at $17.

The only thing VS has going for it is that it's one of the only places to buy older carts.

I will reiterate from an earlier post. Vintage Stock sucks. They are a rip off. You think Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is high at G-stop go check it out at Vintage Stock. They basically charge the highest possible ebay price. Not what most auctions go for, but what the highest possible auction goes for. They are a rip off.

VS does suck ass. they're so stoopid that i could make back ups of video games and they proabably buy 'em off me. dumb asseses.

I think they're just collector nerds that run a store to lure rich OP parents into bringing all of junior's old stuff in when he goes to college... Then they fight over the best stuff and mark the rest for sale. Then junior comes back home and has to rebuy his childhood at a premium. It's definitely not a store for people who know better.

I just don't understand stores that sell stuff for ebay prices. If you are going to sell it for that, put it on ebay. Otherwise it just sits and sits until the right person comes in, which can take a long time. Might as well put it on ebay and have that money in a week or so.

I live in Tulsa, where Vintage Stock first got started. Back in the day, they had really decent prices for games, and great DVD prices. Now you can't get shit on your trade-ins, and the prices are through the roof. You can't even buy a used DVD for less than 10 bucks there anymore. It's ridiculous.

bread's done
Back