Virgin Megastore Deals: Rock Band 1/2, GH:A, and much more! YMMV

The Sailerman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So tonight my dorm apparently caught fire (though I doubt it really did), so I was forced to walk the streets of NYC until the fire department determined it was safe to com back in.

Rather than walk around in the cold, I decided to visit the Union Square Virgin Megastore, where I found quite a few deals on games. Unfortunately I didn't have the means to record everything I saw, but I tried to remember some of the more significant deals. (Also, I apologize if I get any of the prices wrong - my memory's not the greatest.)

Note that I saw these prices at the Union Square, NY store, and I'm not sure if Virgin carries their pricing through all of their stores, or if each are independent, so if you visit any other store, you may not see the same prices.

xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Rock Band Special Edition (includes game, wired guitar, drums and microphone): $79.99
(Sign says valid through 11.30.08, but the signs are still up, so they may still be honoring the price.)

xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
Rock Band 2 Special Edition (includes game, wireless guitar and drums, and wired microphone): $149.99

xbox360.gif
ps3.gif
wii.gif
ps2.gif
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Bundle: $39.99

ps3.gif
PlayStation 3
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition: $19.99
The Orange Box: $19.99
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (Game Only): $29.99
Battlefield: Bad Company: $39.99
Folklore: $39.99
Major League Baseball 2K8: $39.99
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: $39.99
Rock Band (Game Only): $39.99

xbox360.gif
Xbox 360
Unreal Tournament III: $19.99
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (Game Only): $29.99
Rock Band (Game Only): $39.99
Rock Band 2 (Game Only): $39.99
(Note that some RB2 boxes were not marked with the sale price and that this may have just been an error made when putting the sale stickers on RB1)

wii.gif
Wii
All marked $19.99, plus an additional 20% off:
Battalion Wars 2
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Ghost Squad

If you happen to go to Virgin and find anything significant that I missed, please post it, and I'll add it to the list.

EDIT (12/10): Went back earlier today, got a few more prices, and removed Turok (since it's pretty much the standard price now - Amazon still has Folklore for $56.99, so I left it in).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']how many copies of Unreal Tournament 3 were there? perhaps ill go tomorrow after work[/QUOTE]

I think there were at least 3. You shouldn't have a problem getting one, they had them at the same price when I was in there about a week ago, and it doesn't look like any of them sold.

[quote name='Scorch']lol @ you mentioning turok for 39.99[/QUOTE]

I figured that was the regular price at this point, but it had an "On Sale" sticker on it, and I wasn't sure, so I added it in.

The Virgin megastore in Grapevine TX has the same type of sale going on because their lease is almost up. I saw Fallout 3 C.E. for 20% off and the rockband bundles were cheap as well, but the music and movies are still horribly overpriced.

For anyone still wondering, the RB1 instruments will work with all the new music games. I use my RB1 stuff with Guitar Hero World Tour. Obviously, some features are not available, but for the most part, there are no issues.

Rock Band 2 SE is still at the $149.99 price -- just saw them today at the San Francisco downtown store. Lots of boxes for 360 and PS3 available.

Also saw the Halo Edition of the 360 console (w/ 20GB HD) for $199.99, but don't know if that really qualifies as a deal or not ...

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']The Virgin megastore in Grapevine TX has the same type of sale going on because their lease is almost up. I saw Fallout 3 C.E. for 20% off and the rockband bundles were cheap as well, but the music and movies are still horribly overpriced.[/quote]

The Virgin store in Grapevine is closing because of poor sales, not because of their lease. Their last day is going to be this Sunday. Are most of the Virgin stores closing?

bread's done
Back