Virtua Fighter 5 Hori Fighting Stick for 360 in Canada?

I think so. It costs about $95 shipped, but I don't think any people in Canada have a choice. It really sucks.
Oh well, Its pretty neccessary for VF5 (and many other fighters for the 360).

Hrm. I've never really had to deal with DHL. I shot them an email to see if they use one of the Canada Post courier options, hope they do.

estarland doesn't calculate the taxes so I'm guessing it'll be about the same from Videogameplus.ca. So it's just a matter of who will get it to you faster...

I broke down and got it at VideoGamesplus. Got it for an early birthday present :) Super fast shipping, ordered on monday, attempted delivery today, but I wasn't home :(

[quote name='Azumangaman']I broke down and got it at VideoGamesplus. Got it for an early birthday present :) Super fast shipping, ordered on monday, attempted delivery today, but I wasn't home :([/quote]

That fast? D'oh. I haven't gotten any word about it yet. I did get an email saying it had shipped but I haven't seen it yet. Then again I haven't check my mail for any notices in the past few days...

But I fully expected the thing to take a couple weeks to get here.

it's been about a week now and it hasn't arrived. I'm kinda sad. I was hoping it'd be here by now... grr...

Curious as to what the cheapest place is to pick up VF5... I bought it @ Future Shop because they beat everyone else to the punch, but IMO $70 is ridiculous given the state of the dollar, etc.

I fully intend on after-the-fact pricematching... I know it's $65 at Best Buy, but I'm hoping it's $60 (or less) elsewhere.

This arcade stick is a must if you intend to play the SSF2THDR. That gamepad is crap for playing Street Fighter.

estarland is your other option. It tells you in US funds but since the dollar is the same, that's pretty much what you'll pay.

ARGH!!!! WHERE IS MY ARCADE STICK?!? :cry: :bomb:

EDIT: Just got an email from dhl.ca about a shipment notification so i guess it's shipping... but at the same time when checking on their website via the reference number it says waybill not found :(

*sigh* I better get my arcade stick dammit!

EDIT2: Whoo! It's shipped outta Markham so hopefully that means it'll be here tomorrow or something. That would be AWESOME.

Man, this better be here tomorrow! It's out for freight and has been for a couple days now. I really, really want this thing in!

Hey guys, neither of the sites that were listed above seem to have the HORI Fighting Stick, does anyone have any suggestions for another place I could have a look? They have them on Play Asia but they want 75 bucks US for them when it seems like they're going for 59 everywhere else..

I think your only option is (if it's viable) to drive in to the US and pick one up somewhere. Black Friday is coming up pretty soon so you might get some sorta mad discount.

You just gotta be careful coming back over because if they find you've bought stuff, then you'll have to pay Duty.

If anyone is looking for this, I recommend using the Notify Me option on Estarland. It will most likely give them the heads up that there are people still looking for this.

I found a store in Montreal Game Buzz, they were mentioned in a penny arcade editorial. They have the stick listed on their site for $65.27. It says back order but everything does :p
You can try calling them them

Also has any asked at Microplay if they can order them?

Amazon.com is your best bet...I ordered mine recently off there..and it was about 59.99 US, so it would be cheaper in Canadian conversion.

[quote name='Haeleos']Won't you get hit by customs tax though?[/QUOTE]

Not if you have friends or relatives in the States ;)..since I have a gf in the USA, I shipped the game to her house and usually cross the border pick up the games at here house, and when I go back to Canada, declare items less than $50 and they won't charge tax on you.

Amazon actually won't ship videogame stuff to Canada... I had mused about buying the stick, but trying to get to checkout so I could see what shipping was, I got that always enjoyable message "Amazon cannot ship this item outside the U.S."

Boo.

It's very frustruating how different Amazon.ca is from Amazon.com. So many times I've looked for a book or movie that is on .com and not on .ca. Sigh...

Hopefully Gamebuzz gets back to me. I sent them as well as estarland an email asking if they were getting it in.

[quote name='Haeleos']It's very frustruating how different Amazon.ca is from Amazon.com. So many times I've looked for a book or movie that is on .com and not on .ca. Sigh...

Hopefully Gamebuzz gets back to me. I sent them as well as estarland an email asking if they were getting it in.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com use to ship to Canada, but ever since they opened up amazon.ca..it all changed.

.com ships both movies and books to Canada. They actually ship from within Canada so you don't even get charged customs. Video games on .com don't ship to Canada though.

bread's done
Back