Virtua Stick High Grade back in stock on Play-Asia

[quote name='bmarquardt']Remembers the days when you could find the Saturn version for $15 at Toys R US and kicking myself for never buying the DC version

Lol, well this is a great deal on this stick if you guys ARE interested. The build quality is stellar (mostly metal parts and sanwa buttons and stick). The "High Grade" portion of the title is apt.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']My dream is to find a fully boxed set for Saturn. Then the next day to find a fully boxed set for Dreamcast. Then to win a gold medal at the Olympics.[/QUOTE]

Tee he. I have one opened and one unopened Virtua On Twin Sticks for the Saturn and two unopened Rally Wheels for the DC. No I don't want a cookie, and again, I ad nothing to this thread. Carry on.

I'm interested in this stick... the reviews saya it will work on a PC, but would it work on the 360 as well? Owning all three consoles, if I'm going to invest in an arcade stick this gen I'd really like it to work on as many systems as possible, especially with the possibility of Ikaruga on XBLA.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm interested in this stick... the reviews saya it will work on a PC, but would it work on the 360 as well? Owning all three consoles, if I'm going to invest in an arcade stick this gen I'd really like it to work on as many systems as possible, especially with the possibility of Ikaruga on XBLA.[/quote]

It does not work on xbox.

I would buy one if the shipping wasn't almost as expensive as the stick itself.

If I could find one for around $80 shipped, I'd probably buy one.

You'll never get a high grade arcade stick for less than $100, especially with Sanwa parts. Sanwa parts aren't necessarilly better than Happ parts, but they're made in Japan and have no official US distributor, so they cost a little more.
This is a good deal. If it worked for Xbox 360 (without the $80 mouse/KB adapter peripheral) it would be a must-buy.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I would buy one if the shipping wasn't almost as expensive as the stick itself.

If I could find one for around $80 shipped, I'd probably buy one.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't happen since the box is big and heavy.

I'll see if I can find one of these on my trip to Hong Kong. Hopefully, the box for this thing won't be freakishly big.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I really hope a 360 version gets announced soon so that I can preorder it.[/QUOTE]

There may not be a 360 version. Is VF5 even coming out on 360 in Japan?

It's nice looking but I prefer the HRAP button layout (2 rows of 4). Older SNK games wouldn't feel right with just 3 buttons to a row.

[quote name='Halo05']It's nice looking but I prefer the HRAP button layout (2 rows of 4). Older SNK games wouldn't feel right with just 3 buttons to a row.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah. I've got a Mas stick with a ps3 converter that I just bought to cover that. I just ordered the High Grade for VF and Melty Blood.

[quote name='MadMrBacon']There may not be a 360 version. Is VF5 even coming out on 360 in Japan?[/QUOTE]

I would expect a 360 version of either this or the 'pro grade' Hori stick that was released along with VF5 in the US. The 360 version of VF5 hasn't been officially announced for Japan, but given the PS3 version severely underperformed there, I'm pretty sure they'll want to release it just to sell a FEW more 'domestic' copies.

If anyone is interested I have a review on this stick up on my site...

www.SDTEKKEN.com

Top article...

Also have information on all other types of arcade sticks. :)

Just check Tech Area >> Arcade Sticks

The parts on this thing is great, but it is just not big enough for my 'huge' American style hands. There isn't enough room to rest my right wrist on the face of the stick :(

bread's done
Back