Virtua Tennis 4 $32.49 @ Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol wow. Price error or anticipating that this will be the same virtua tennis game weve been seeing since the first came out on the dreamcast

Im pretty sure they are matching Toys R Us deal. Toys R Us has had this price up for a long time. I doubt it is a price mistake.

I bought Top Spin 4 and enjoyed it, any reason I should pick this one up? I've never played a VT game before

[quote name='Seifer']I bought Top Spin 4 and enjoyed it, any reason I should pick this one up? I've never played a VT game before[/QUOTE]

Virtua Tennis is considered more arcade-y.

I'm not sure, but I do think this is the only of the two with Move/Kinect capability.

Very tempted. I'll have to think about it.

Sweet I was hoping amazon would offer some sort of credit deal for this game eventually but this is even better thanks OP

OMG. this game looks like shit..VT2009 was horrible and VT4 is more of the same bullshiet..Ill love me VT3 forever..i wont even preorder even for 29 bucks(amazon credit) ill keep playing my top spin 4

[quote name='Ketsui']OMG. this game looks like shit..VT2009 was horrible and VT4 is more of the same bullshiet..Ill love me VT3 forever..i wont even preorder even for 29 bucks(amazon credit) ill keep playing my top spin 4[/QUOTE]

Don't hate till you play it.

Gonna stick with my TRU pre-order. Not worth the trouble to save 3 bucks.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Don't hate till you play it.

Gonna stick with my TRU pre-order. Not worth the trouble to save 3 bucks.[/QUOTE]

TRU actually has a very easy order cancelling process. Log in, click cancel and your done.

Tennis games typically don't hold their value. Top Spin 4 dropped $20 bucks retail in less than a month. I'll hold out for both when they are less than $20.

[quote name='Rodster']Tennis games typically don't hold their value. Top Spin 4 dropped $20 bucks retail in less than a month. I'll hold out for both when they are less than $20.[/QUOTE]

No sports game really do. However, due to this being Move and 3D compatible, I can't wait.

[quote name='elessar123']No sports game really do. However, due to this being Move and 3D compatible, I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

Neither can I, when it hits $19.99 :applause:

Rodster, Top Spin 4 only sold 50,000 copies and they had a Langers Juice promotion where people got the game for free. It bombed, hence the rapid price drop.

[quote name='NSYNC']Rodster, Top Spin 4 only sold 50,000 copies and they had a Langers Juice promotion where people got the game for free. It bombed, hence the rapid price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised. Unbalanced online play where it was impossible to win a point against "professional" players, bland career mode...I hope VT4 is simply more fun.

Anyway thanks OP, I cancelled my TRU order so I could use my Amazon credit :)

[quote name='TheBomb69']http://www.oxm.co.uk/27967/virtua-tennis-4-review/

9/10[/QUOTE]

Just a heads-up from that review if you are buying it strictly for Kinect:

The only, and very, disappointing element is the much-touted Kinect support. This is limited to standalone Exhibition matches (played solo or with a similarly flailing partner) and a single mini-game, and feels imprecise, inconsistent and barely enjoyable.

Tempted but after I rented Top Spin 4 I have to rent VirtuaTennis 4 first. I was looking forward to the Move controls of TS4 and they completely sucked, it only measured if I was swinging and did not actually follow movement ie backhand or forehand, that was determined by the game based on your character position relative to the ball, and used buttons on the move to specify the type of hit. That is just a waste, you might as well not have move support and use the regular controller.

That is just a waste, you might as well not have move support and use the regular controller.

From what other reviews/previews have said, the game works much better with the regular controller regardless if you using Kinect or the Move.

I've enjoyed VT games since the Dreamcast,but I fear this will be $10 before the end of the year.

The other 360 VT games seemed to drop like stones price wise.

[quote name='NSYNC']Rodster, Top Spin 4 only sold 50,000 copies and they had a Langers Juice promotion where people got the game for free. It bombed, hence the rapid price drop.[/QUOTE]

I don't see this exactly flying off shelves either.
The last VT my friends got for $10 at Best Buy not even a year after it was out.
Also had chances thru Target clearance and Newegg.

Tennis games just don't sell anymore, except Mario Tennis but can we really count that?

This is a great price if you want the game on day one, but if you can wait a month or two for $20 or less then by all means.

This is the best pre-order price obviously.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Just a heads-up from that review if you are buying it strictly for Kinect:

The only, and very, disappointing element is the much-touted Kinect support. This is limited to standalone Exhibition matches (played solo or with a similarly flailing partner) and a single mini-game, and feels imprecise, inconsistent and barely enjoyable.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info, the kinect part is what had me interested but I think I'll hold off for a big price drop before I check it out now.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks for this info, the kinect part is what had me interested but I think I'll hold off for a big price drop before I check it out now.[/QUOTE]

They originally intended to not have Wii or Kinect support. It was actually a shock to me when they announced it for Wii and Kinect. Thus, this title was originally developed as a PS3 exclusive, so if you were wanting it for a system other than PS3, I'd recommend waiting for more reviews.

[quote name='elessar123']They originally intended to not have Wii or Kinect support. It was actually a shock to me when they announced it for Wii and Kinect. Thus, this title was originally developed as a PS3 exclusive, so if you were wanting it for a system other than PS3, I'd recommend waiting for more reviews.[/QUOTE]

I did not know this. I will actually pick it up for my PS3 then down the road. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back