Virtual Console Games 2-player?

franchise01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Does anyone know if the 'Virtual Console' games will be more than one-player - thus, buying more than one 'classic controller' would be appropriate?

Games that are multi, such as mario bros can be played several ways. You can a friend can either use the classic controller, gamecube controller, and/or the wii mote.

Very cool. Thanks for the response. I'll be playing multi-player with the VC games. So, I wasn't sure whether, or not, it was pointless to get a 2nd classic controller. I'll be getting 2 or 3 now. Thanks again. Gotta love the Wii !!

Apparently the Genesis games require the classic controller, so if you're looking for a co-op Toejam & Earl session for example, you may need to get a second.

[quote name='chodax']What do you need 3 for? I dont think any games have more than 2 player support right now.[/QUOTE]

True... I typed my response a little too quickly. You're right, two is the most I'll need for now. :)

[quote name='Zingela']Apparently the Genesis games require the classic controller, so if you're looking for a co-op Toejam & Earl session for example, you may need to get a second.[/QUOTE]

Good point, as well. I do plan to purchase Genesis games on there. Can't wait. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

[quote name='Zingela']Apparently the Genesis games require the classic controller, so if you're looking for a co-op Toejam & Earl session for example, you may need to get a second.[/QUOTE]

I think that all VC can use a Gamecube controllers too! Plus remember that you'll need a Wiimote for every classic controller.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I think that all VC can use a Gamecube controllers too! Plus remember that you'll need a Wiimote for every classic controller.[/quote]

Here is how it breaks down

Wiimote- can be used for TG16 and NES games
Gamecube- can be used for NES,SNES,N64,TG16
Classic controller- plays all

[quote name='Scrubsy']Here is how it breaks down

Wiimote- can be used for TG16 and NES games
Gamecube- can be used for NES,SNES,N64,TG16
Classic controller- plays all[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this info? Why can't the Gamecube controller be used for Genesis games?

I think it can. He just left them out. However, from what I hear the classic controller can't be used for Gamecube games, while the Gamecube controller can be used for everything (all VC games and of course for Gamecube games) so a Gamecube controller (or wavebird) may actually be a better choice.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Where did you get this info? Why can't the Gamecube controller be used for Genesis games?[/quote]
If you go to Nintendo's website and look at their list of Wii games (VC and retail), the Genesis games, say Altered Beast, only mention being playable with the Classic Controller. Yet, SNES games, like F-Zero, and N64 games, like Super Mario 64, mention support for both the Classic Controller and the GC Controller. TG-16 games, like Bomberman 93, and NES games, like Baseball, mention support for the Wii Remote, Classic Controller, and the GC controller.

I just wonder if it will be best to just get these classic controllers. I actually DID order 2 from CDUniverse using google check out for $33.17 :)

But maybe for best controls, I'm sure these probably are the best to use.

[quote name='lordwow']Let me just say: I think it sucks that you need to buy a CC for Genesis games.[/QUOTE]

I think it DOES suck, because they give you the option of the GCN controller with the exception for one system (Genesis). But like I said.. maybe the Classic Controller will just feel better to use overall.

$20 isn't bad at all. I got 2 for $33 using google check out. I only really NEED 2. SO $33 for 2 of these, and using them for the rest of the Wii lifespan.. that's good with me :)

[quote name='lilboo']I think it DOES suck, because they give you the option of the GCN controller with the exception for one system (Genesis). But like I said.. maybe the Classic Controller will just feel better to use overall.

$20 isn't bad at all. I got 2 for $33 using google check out. I only really NEED 2. SO $33 for 2 of these, and using them for the rest of the Wii lifespan.. that's good with me :)[/QUOTE]

It just doesn't make sense to me how using a GC controller is any different than the CC. It's not like the Genesis had a ton more buttons than anything else, it would be pretty simple to map them.

I'd bet it was SEGA's call. They probably never thought to ask about it.

Hudson's a little tighter with Nintendo, so they probably knew about the NES/Wiimote capability and asked to get the dev stuff for that too.

bread's done
Back