Vision Cam Bundle now $39.98 B&M AND Wireless 360 headset for 29.98 at Toys'R'Us

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
My friend called me from work just now to tell me the XBox Live 360 Vision Cam Bundle is now 39.98. Also the wireless headset for the 360 should be 29.98 as well so incase you missed out GO NOW!

*EDIT: Since I keep seeing the same damn question, NO it is not for the Halo wireless headset. Just the normal, white, wireless headset.*

Yeah, though it's been awhile since this deal started, you might still be able to find the bundle. From my experience, they are often behind the counter and on the bottom shelf, so you need to actually be looking for them and knowing that they are on sale. Thus, not everyone has been getting in on that one. The headsets, on the other hand, are usually out in the open and clearly have a price, so the average customers have seen them and bought them up.

I was able to find a vision cam bundle at the TRU in South Portland. ME. I checked there a few weeks ago and they had none, this time there was 1 left on the peg hook.

Fantastic. I thought from what I was reading, the headsets were less difficult to find. Any reason the headsets are on clearance? The headsets weren't updated like the Xbox Live kits were they?

[quote name='imacgod']Fantastic. I thought from what I was reading, the headsets were less difficult to find. Any reason the headsets are on clearance? The headsets weren't updated like the Xbox Live kits were they?[/quote]

IIRC there was one person here that posted the headset model they got, and it appeared to be the old headset (comes with an AC adapter instead of a USB cable). It's unclear if the newer headset has the improvements that MS allegedly made to the Halo headset, but I got one from BB and I'm happy with it so far.

As far as finding one (either old or new), can't help you much there: none of my local stores had any when I checked when this was first posted, and some of the stores claimed they never carried the wireless headset. I didn't see a shelf peg for them when I was in the stores. So availability may be regional.

Anyone in the pittsburgh area... the Greensburg TRU has vision bundles, headsets and they even had one 20GB HDD for 49.98. I passed on them all as I have no need for any of it.

No luck for me. They had an old Vision bundle, but it was $60 and had Bankshot Billiards. No headsets in sight.

Did get a VGA cable and FFXII for cheap though.

[quote name='pablo9000']what is the new bundle that people are mentioning?[/quote]

I think they are talking about the Live Vision bundles that are co-branded for both Xbox Live and Games For Windows Live.

I picked up a second Vision bundle on reflex at TRU, but is there really any reason to keep more than one of these?

Since the camera and game are duplicates, you're spending $40 for 1 year of Live (which seems to be often available for about $40: Buy.com, etc.) and 200 points (worth $2.50). So doesn't seem to be much of a deal, unless you want to take the effort to sell the camera and game.

[quote name='gantt']I picked up a second Vision bundle on reflex at TRU, but is there really any reason to keep more than one of these?

Since the camera and game are duplicates, you're spending $40 for 1 year of Live (which seems to be often available for about $40: Buy.com, etc.) and 200 points (worth $2.50). So doesn't seem to be much of a deal, unless you want to take the effort to sell the camera and game.[/QUOTE]

The camera and headset trades in for $12/4 respectively at Gamestop. Basically getting a live sub + 200 points for $24.

[quote name='sasukekun']The camera and headset trades in for $12/4 respectively at Gamestop. Basically getting a live sub + 200 points for $24.[/quote]

Thanks for the info and for reminding me about the headset (another duplicate item; I think I have 3 already now (system, Live bundle, Messenger Kit).

I've no experience with Gamestop trade-ins: I assume they are for store credit only? My issue there is that I never find deals at Gamestop (at least, not on new games). If I use a $16 credit to get a $60 game at GS for $44 that I could have bought at BB for $40 (or $36) on sale, there's no point. The $20 rebate on Activision games that I recently saw might have been an exception, but I've already purchased all the Activision games I wanted at or below that net price.

If there's any way to get cash for trade-ins at Gamestop, please let me know.

If there's any way to get cash for trade-ins at Gamestop, please let me know.
GameStop does cash trade-ins, but you get, I think, 20% less than you would on credit trade-ins. Not a big deal, considering you're trading stuff with a low dollar amount already. You'd only lose a few dollars, which might be worth it, if you don't plan on buying something at GS.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameStop does cash trade-ins, but you get, I think, 20% less than you would on credit trade-ins. Not a big deal, considering you're trading stuff with a low dollar amount already. You'd only lose a few dollars, which might be worth it, if you don't plan on buying something at GS.[/quote]

Thanks. That would make it $16-20%=$12.80 in cash, so net $27.20 for a year of Live and 200 points. That seems worth it. I'll check it out at my local Gamestop.

Gamestops, actually - there used to be both an EB and a GS at the mall, and now they're both still open as GS. The former EB store still hasn't taken on the atmosphere of the other GS (which is a good thing), but it's all GS prices. I miss EB. They actually did have the occasional deal (including Max Payne 2 for $1.99 FS). Sigh.

The headset I got from here ended up not wanting to charge at all, took it back today all I could get was a refund. They said they will not be carrying the item anymore. Sucks I couldn't get another one at that price and have it work.

Just picked two up at the one in Massapequa, NY. They had about 3 or so left if anyone wants they are behind the counter on the bottom shelf.

My local Toys R Us had them in stock but I assumed they were the older models. Being the savvy buyer, I went to the next door Circuit City to get the newer model and had them price match the headset, which was ringing up at TRU for 22.99. Got a great price at C.C. for it. My question is for everyone here.

I was under the impression that the headset came with two different sized earloops? Maybe the newer model only comes with one because mine only came with a single sized earloops ( medium by the looks of it ).

Any help would be great, thanks!

[quote name='Cameronie']Somebody!!!!!!! Please Tell Me What The Heck "b&m" Is!!!!!!!!!! It"s Driving Me Crazy!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Brick & Mortar... as in the actual store, not the website.

Is that an actual retail chain?

or do you just mean you can only get the deal by physically going to the certain store?

[quote name='Cameronie']Is that an actual retail chain?

or do you just mean you can only get the deal by physically going to the certain store?[/quote]

Yeah, the second part.

ok...... AWRH! and all this time when ever I saw all these sweet deals on stuff I would want to get.... and then I would see "B&M" and I'd be all like "NO! Stupid B&M Store that I don't have near me! Why don't we have a B&M Store over here!?!?! WHY!!!!!"
and I'd be jealous of all you people that had one near you.....

[quote name='DrBaalzamon']
I was under the impression that the headset came with two different sized earloops? Maybe the newer model only comes with one because mine only came with a single sized earloops ( medium by the looks of it ).

Any help would be great, thanks![/quote]

Yep, I've purchased two and they both came with two earloops (one installed, one in the package).

Yea, i was surprised it was so cheap ! 22.99 was how much it cost at my local TRU, Tustin, California.

Also, apparently my first wireless headset only had one earloop inside the package. Went back and swapped it out and the second package had the additional earloop ( smaller size).

check your tru! 22.99 and most places will price match! dont have them do it online though, the online price doesnt match the in store price for whatever reason.

-drb

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']22.99? Baalzamon, the headset was cheaper at your TRU?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Are the Live Vision Bundle packs still on sale cause I went to Sears to try to PM but when they called the TRU they said only the camera was 39.99.[/quote]
It's a clearance so basically if the old vision cam bundle is out of stock its gone.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's a clearance so basically if the old vision cam bundle is out of stock its gone.[/quote]

I grabbed a Vision Cam Bundle at TRU last night and noticed the Live subscription card has an expiration date of June 2008. I've never checked but is that the case with all these bundles? If so, any chance stores with a large supply will begin discounting them as the date draws nearer?

[quote name='NAmato']the Live subscription card has an expiration date of June 2008. I've never checked but is that the case with all these bundles? If so, any chance stores with a large supply will begin discounting them as the date draws nearer?[/quote]

All of the old bundles have the expiring card. That's why they are being replaced by new bundles (though they have the same UPC). I doubt many stores care though and will probably just mix the new with the old. That's what I see happening at Best Buy anyway.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Are the Live Vision Bundle packs still on sale [/quote]

Was able to score the last 2 at the [SIZE=-1]Woburn, MA TRU during lunch. Thanks CAG!
Killer deal.

[/SIZE]

[quote name='vidGuy']All of the old bundles have the expiring card. That's why they are being replaced by new bundles (though they have the same UPC). I doubt many stores care though and will probably just mix the new with the old. That's what I see happening at Best Buy anyway.[/quote]

Indeed. Saw the same thing at my Best Buy, as well. They had the XBL bundles mixed in with the XBL/GFWL bundles.

[quote name='Cameronie']ok...... AWRH! and all this time when ever I saw all these sweet deals on stuff I would want to get.... and then I would see "B&M" and I'd be all like "NO! Stupid B&M Store that I don't have near me! Why don't we have a B&M Store over here!?!?! WHY!!!!!"
and I'd be jealous of all you people that had one near you.....[/QUOTE]

I've done that with some places before , namely meijers (sp?) , five below and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Never the less , reading what you wrote there is pretty funny.:lol: No offense intended.

On topic , my local TRU still had a few vision bundles in stock and I picked another one up if any cags are still having trouble getting ahold of one. My TRU had two left after the one I got if I get multiple requests , but I can't guarentee that I'll be able to snag the last couple.

[quote name='vidGuy']All of the old bundles have the expiring card. That's why they are being replaced by new bundles (though they have the same UPC). I doubt many stores care though and will probably just mix the new with the old. That's what I see happening at Best Buy anyway.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten expired codes to work. People have also said you can call MS if your card has expired for a new code.

anyone see these around western NY?

my MS headset broke (and after opening it up afterwards, boy are they cheaply put together)
the vision camera bundle would be a good nab, or even a wireless headset there

bread's done
Back