Vista Problem with Programs Not Responding

karsh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I recently bought a Dell notebook. It was a Vostro 1500 with:

Intel C2D T5470 (1.6GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS

It came with Vista Home Basic, and I upgraded it to Vista Home Premium. Now, in both systems it did this problem. Programs would start up fine, but then after a short amount of time, the program would stop responding. Everything would freeze up and I wouldn't be able to do anything, but after a couple minutes that would pass and everything would respond again. However, after yet another short time, it would stop responding again. It gets into an endless cycle of this. I updated my video cards drivers through Dell, but it still does it. Anyone have any clue what could be causing this?

I've found that if a program is busy processing information and you try to click on it, it said that it's not responding, and then goes back to normal when it's done. Look for the performance & compatibility updates microsoft released a few weeks ago (I don't think they've gone through windows update yet) and see if that helps.

I think it's just Vista sucking.. I set up a family member's new computer with Vista, and it does the same crap. I want Vista for DX10, but I don't think I can bite yet.

[quote name='red flare graf']I think it's just Vista sucking.. I set up a family member's new computer with Vista, and it does the same crap. I want Vista for DX10, but I don't think I can bite yet.[/quote]

*rolls eyes*

bread's done
Back