Vita 3G vs Wifi

pob14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
By combining Sony Rewards points, some Best Buy reward certs, and a Visa gift card, it looks like I will soon be the owner of a shiny new Vita.

I'm aware of the fact that the Vita port of Disgaea 3 is going to have some sort of power-up based on your travels while playing the game, using the GPS in the 3G. Now, Disgaea is like crack to me, and this game will be one of my most played games on the Vita.

My question is, is there any other advantage to the 3G version over the WiFi? Or should I put the price difference into another game instead?

I haven't found any advantages to me having 3g (even with near I have wild swings in location). The unit apparently doesn't have a GPS receiver and is dependant on the cell feature/some other method because it has me in some crazy locations. They may utilize it better in the future, but I doubt it. I am glad I bought what I did when I did because of the mem card, but now I wouldn't recommend a 3G unit (still waiting for my game though).

Well, thanks. I think your answer, coupled with the overwhelming rush to defend 3G in this thread :), gives me my answer.

well, there is the advantage of the 3G bundle getting a 8 GB memory card. but the advantages stop there, for me at least. i have a wifi version and im happy with it. don't plan on gaming out in public too much and if so there's plenty of free wifi hotspots out there.

well I jumped on the 3G because of the mem. card,stardust,and the free month of 3G although I did pay $15 for the game and "free" month of 3G I think it was worth it to try the 3G out but now that you only get the game for activating the data pass makes the 3G not worth it for the memory card you can get a 16 GB card for close to $50 the difference between wifi and 3G

and to the guy still waiting on his voucher for stardust check your spam folder you if you haven't deleted it already mine was in my spam folder just yesterday and I almost deleted it .also I just signed up for the 3G at the end of march and i got the voucher what almost 2 weeks later

I would say the Wifi model because there is really no advantage to getting the 3G besides the 8gb card but you are paying $50 more for a $30 card. You can only use the web browser and download small PSN games and message people while on 3G to play online multiplayer and download bigger games you will need Wifi

bread's done
Back