Vita and Sharing

SlapshotSammy

CAG Newbie
[SIZE=10.5pt]I share a house with my brother, and we share our game library too. We'll likely be upgrading to the PS4 on day one and have been toying with the idea of getting a couple of Vitas too for the remote play.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As I understand it, you can't share PSN+ with the Vita the way you can the PS3 and presumably the PS4. Is that right? If so, that's not a major hurdle since we're willing to pay an extra $50 a year for all the games we'll get.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]My main concern is digital purchases. We've planned to go all digital this generation, but if I buy a digital Vita game or a digital cross-buy, is that linked exclusively to my Vita? If so, are there are any plans to change this due to the tighter integration between PS4 and Vita?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]If not, I guess we'll just have to stick with retail for Vita since I don't want to pay double for a game unless it's something we'll both want to use simultaneously for online play.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thanks![/SIZE]

The content is tied to your account, not your console. I think you can share your account on another Vita too, almost like PS3 why almost ? Because Vita doesnt support multiple accounts like PS3, so if you want to change to another account on Vita you have to use different memory card and reset Vita to default.

Last edited by a moderator:
The solution is to link the account with PS+ to both Vitas. You're allowed to have two vitas active on a single PSN account. You'll be able to play everything on that account on each Vita with no complications, however only one can play online over PSN at a time and you can only play locally together over ad-hoc. You'll essentially get two copies for the cost of one for anything you buy over PSN doing this. Pretty great for local multiplayer focused titles like Soul Sacrifice or MHFU or PW.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back