Vita cases...

[quote name='intoxicated662']Thanks! Looks nice, do you feel it is worth the asking price though? Saw the Uncharted one for $34.99 on Amazon and am thinking of getting it but am indecisive right now. The case I really wanted to get was a soft pouch (like from the older psp's) and saw it @ gamestop in a bundle for $39.99 but don't need any of the other stuff and can't find it being sold alone.[/QUOTE]

This YT video review may be helpful for you. I personally was expecting reviewers to comment on how solid/heavy/sturdy the case is. I guess I was fooled by the metal-look-alike design of the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc2CEG8WAo8

My VIP Case arrived yesterday and I don't like it compared to my Rocketfish Vault Case. It does feel rather cheap and I worry that the top might bow in if something was sat on top of it. The Vita is a snug fit and you have to use the included ribbon to pop the system out. The main plus over the Vault Case is that the VIP Case is much lighter. If folks want I will upload some pictures tonight of the two side by side.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Thanks! Looks nice, do you feel it is worth the asking price though? Saw the Uncharted one for $34.99 on Amazon and am thinking of getting it but am indecisive right now. The case I really wanted to get was a soft pouch (like from the older psp's) and saw it @ gamestop in a bundle for $39.99 but don't need any of the other stuff and can't find it being sold alone.[/QUOTE]
I would skip on the Uncharted one. $29.99 is pushing it and $34.99 just for a different color and a sticker is weak. Yes, although the outside of the case is cheaper plastic that's not all that impressive it's still very sturdy and has two nice sliding locks that hold the lid solidly in place. The inside, however, is the most impressive feature. It's very soft lining that holds the Vita and 6 games perfectly. Even if I eventually get tired of the case or the plastic breaks, I can pull out the lining and just put it in a nicer Pelican or Otterbox case or something.

In order to protect my $250 investment plus whatever 6 games I'll throw in there at $40 each, yes it's worth it to me to spend the money. The softer "bag" type cases make me apprehensive especially with the two joysticks that the Vita has. I feel much more comfortable with this thing when I throw it in a bag or under my car seat and don't worry about it being crushed or temperature really affecting the system in any way.

[quote name='kemical']My VIP Case arrived yesterday and I don't like it compared to my Rocketfish Vault Case. It does feel rather cheap and I worry that the top might bow in if something was sat on top of it. The Vita is a snug fit and you have to use the included ribbon to pop the system out. The main plus over the Vault Case is that the VIP Case is much lighter. If folks want I will upload some pictures tonight of the two side by side.[/QUOTE]

If its not to much trouble that would be nice.

My Thrustmaster SPF came today and I'm sorry to say its going right back. The case is way larger and cheaper then I thought. I watched all the videos and looked at the pictures but was still surprised how large it is. It does feel very very cheap. The foam inside is nice a soft and the vita fits wells but my foam has jagged edges and doesn't seem to fit right inside the case. I can see that now in the pictures on the right side look where it doesn't line up well. Anyway I've tried them all the pull in go, the vault, and now this, I'm not sure what I'm going to buy next since I didn't really like any of those.

I really wish logitech would make a playgear pocket case for the vita. That was one of the 2 best cases I ever owned. The other was the GBA SP RhinoSkin.

Here are pics of the Rocketfish Vault case vs the Thrustmaster VIP case. If you want to see more of the Rocketfish Vault Case see my other post

Not 1 but 2 scales! Very nice pics man.

:applause:

I'm still undecided on what to do. I will probably just ride the PDP case out for awhile and cut out the rubber if I feel the pressure is an issue though mine clicks the same empty as it does with the Vita in it

[quote name='jacknicklson']Not 1 but 2 scales! Very nice pics man.

:applause:

I'm still undecided on what to do. I will probably just ride the PDP case out for awhile and cut out the rubber if I feel the pressure is an issue though mine clicks the same empty as it does with the Vita in it[/QUOTE]

As a coffee addict I have purchased quite a number of scales in the past year. They come in handy for plenty of other uses like this.

I am keeping the vault case and sending back the VIP case. It fits my needs better as I can toss it in a backpack and not worry about it. If I used a bag that had a dedicated compartment to stash the Vita in I would consider keeping the VIP case as it's nearly 1/3 the weight. I am always obsessing over the weight of my bag as I tend to carry quite a few pieces of gear on any given day.

Yeah, I liked the Vault for the most part but I can still return it and cannot return the PDP. Hopefully something comes along t make it worth getting a new one

Thanks for the pics and your impressions, Kemical. I love the aesthetics of the VIP case but I've read too many posts from people who think it feels flimsy and cheap to take the plunge.

I got the Thrustmaster case that looks like a black gun case yesterday. I tried to like it for nearly a whole day. In the end it just felt cheap so I sent it back today. I didnt buy the FEB bundle but I love that case so I thought about getting that Hori case from Playasia since its a little like it and I love Hori. But that case lacks all storage. Its only got three game slots and thats it. So I went and got a new FEB case off ebay for a really good price. I got it in day before yesterday and I am really liking it.

I also got the folio case. If you're spending $20 or more I think that's the way to go. The slits fir the sticks really make the system part.

[quote name='62t']please post feedback when you get them. The feedback on amazon is pretty shady.[/QUOTE]

I had them before I got the psv, but the install was pretty easy, and they work great, I don't get any glare, so I'd say they were worth every penny.

And just so you know... I kind of saw the pull n go for 14.99 at Wal Mart... YMMV...

I got the vault case and its almost perfect. Its rugged durable I can throw in a bag quickly without worrying about it sliding around inside the case or the case popping out. i would like for it to have some more slots for the games but there should be enough gap to just put any extras on top of the flap that goes over the screen. I am very satisfied with this case.

I have to admit, when I'm looking for a case I look to see if it's obvious that it's a Vita (or any other electronics for that matter). I like my hobby to be inconspicuous to those that don't know me.

I'm wondering if anybody has tried the Trigger Grips for the Vita. Reason I'm asking this in the case thread, is that I'm thinking that the Trigger Grips are a great idea, and I prefer comfort over aesthetics, so I might end up leaving the Trigger Grips on my Vita most of the time.

(I don't currently have the trigger grips, but strongly considering getting them via Amazon for $15)

The thing is, if I get these Trigger Grips and fall in love with them, then I'd rather find a case that I can slide my Vita into, with the trigger grips still on the Vita. Maybe a Kindle Fire case ?

Ugh. I put my FEB case on eBay and the winning bidder is obviously a fake new account with the purpose of killing off my auction. Anyone know if it's easy enough to sell to the person that bid before them?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ugh. I put my FEB case on eBay and the winning bidder is obviously a fake new account with the purpose of killing off my auction. Anyone know if it's easy enough to sell to the person that bid before them?[/QUOTE]

It should be. I think if you go into "my Ebay" it should have an option to give the previous high bidder a "second chance" offer.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I really wish logitech would make a playgear pocket case for the vita. That was one of the 2 best cases I ever owned. The other was the GBA SP RhinoSkin.[/QUOTE]

The closest thing to the Playgear Pocket Case is the one made by Hori which I own.

I like it a lot. You have access to all the ports and you can swing the front cover back to act as a stand. Although you can't print out custom designs to spruce it up, it's still a quality product.

I have a brand new Pull 'N Go Folio (this one) for the Vita that I'd like to sell.

It's nice but it's not what I'm looking for and I'd prefer to avoid the hassle of trekking it back to Gamestop.

If anyone's interested just shoot me a PM.

3/29/2012 Update: Still available!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up a vip case at frys got to my car opened it up and got right back out and took it back. Its one of the cheapest feelling cases I have seen in a long time. I think i will be sticking with the rocketfish vault for now.

Has anyone found the Hori silicone protector anywhere lately? I've had it on order from Amazon for months but they have yet to receive it. I've Googled it and didn't have any luck but didn't completely scour the internet by any means. This is the perfect complement for me since I'm just rocking a screen protector and the Sony travel case.

This is the link for Amazon for those that may not know what I'm talking about.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I picked one up at Walmart yesterday for $11.96.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I keep hearing that but it's OOS on their website and no Wal-Mart within 50 miles of me carries it. That "Big Ben" pack for $20 looks decent though. I might have to cave and order that even though I don't need another case.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The closest thing to the Playgear Pocket Case is the one made by Hori which I own.

I like it a lot. You have access to all the ports and you can swing the front cover back to act as a stand. Although you can't print out custom designs to spruce it up, it's still a quality product.[/QUOTE]

I have the Hori Face Cover too, and I agree with all your points. Great protection of the face of the unit, access to all ports, very light and easy to play system. I love the Playgear Pocket for PSP, and the Sony Traveler Case for PSP is pretty good too.

Only issue with the Face Cover is no protection for the back touch panel. You really still need an additional case besides the Hori FC, I just use the Sony Vita Travel Pouch.

I was looking into getting the vault case is BB the only ones that carry it?no stores around me have it and well we all know their shipping isnt the best time wise

[quote name='WormFOODx']I have to admit, when I'm looking for a case I look to see if it's obvious that it's a Vita (or any other electronics for that matter). I like my hobby to be inconspicuous to those that don't know me.[/QUOTE]
What's funny about your comment is that I did JUST that very thing with my Thrustmaster case. I spraypainted it with Matte Black spraypaint (I didn't like the silver stripe along the side) and it looks even more like a Pelican camera case or other electronics case. It doesn't look like it holds a video game console in the slightest. I'm going to do a second coat later today to finish it off and make it more even and I really dig the look more.

Here is the Silicone Case I got from ebay. Imported from China. I didn't have high expectations initially, but it's actually pretty great. It fits well, and the areas that cover the buttons and the d-pad still has great tactile feedback. I'm actually pretty impressed by the quality of this. Album below.

http://imgur.com/a/06ZvY#0

[leftimg]http://i.imgur.com/rdAzzh.jpg[/leftimg]

[quote name='iamthekiller']Are you kidding with that silicone wrap? That looks terrible and ruins the controls.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Why would anyone buy a WHITE silicone case, for a black Vita? It looks ugly. And I can't imagine the controls work well underneath.

I just got this one in the mail from a seller on Amazon. It was a $0.01 + $2.95 shipping. The quality is actually very good. The packaging said "PSP case" and kind of had me worried, but the Vita fits snug inside. It's perfect. The ONLY issue I have with it is the smell. It smells something funky.

[quote name='junkie88']Got this one at Wal-Mart today http://www.walmart.com/ip/RDS-PlayS...eluxe-Black-PS-Vita-PlayStation-Vita/19854478

Of the 4 different cases that I have bought this is by far the best for me. It seems very close to FEB case which is what I wanted without paying the crazy eBay prices.[/QUOTE]

I got the same case but ended up returning it to WalMart. The inside top part of the case while closed with the Vita inside kept rubbing against the on/off button on the Vita and kept turning the Vita On.

just got my rocketfish vault I ordered from BB and I must say if your gonna spend $20 for a case this needs to be the one I'll never have to worry about anything happening to my vita with this bad boy

So many cases to choose from that it made my head spin. I just needed something to protect the Vita from everyday home use and my 2.5yr old son lol. I ended up ordering a black silicone case and a pack of screen protectors that includes the cover for the back. According to a few people on ebay that left feedback, they are the Hori screen protectors that come in the red pack, just repackaged to sell cheaper. Ended up being like $11.43 for both items and they will be here Friday.

I got the travel pouch and the Hori silicone protector so far pretty happy though the pouch is kinda big it does hold all the necessities like the Vita, games, USB cable and headphones so can just pick it up and go and the silicone protector does a good job of giving it grip and protects most of the front from scratches. Pretty good combo IMO, only better one would be the FEB limited edition case

So on the 17th I ordered both of these from the same seller and they arrived today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170792417382?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/17079241819...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1862wt_952

The screen protector is in fact made by Hori and comes in the red Hori package. I cleaned the front and rear of the Vita and they went on without any issues. I am not the best at applying these, but I did pretty good.

The silicone case is decent and it will work for now. Overall I am happy with the products and the super fast shipping from the seller.

Eforcity via amazon. has vita screen protector 3 pack for 1.90 shipped

It's the insten brand. I've used them on my smartphones for years

No problem Hydrox. I was going to order the Hori from Amazon, but it was a little more expensive and it was just the screen protector. $6.11 I think is a great deal considering you get the cover for the front and the rear touch pad.

[quote name='6er']Eforcity via amazon. has vita screen protector 3 pack for 1.90 shipped

It's the insten brand. I've used them on my smartphones for years[/QUOTE]Laying a screen protector down on a square surface is not too complicated. Laying one down on the face of the Vita is not all that simple. I learned from past experiences to stay away from the cheap stuff. I bought a 3 pack for my Wifes Kindle Fire and they were pure garbage. They were a couple millimeters too long and therefore would not lay flat with the glass.

[quote name='Rockinjs']just got my rocketfish vault I ordered from BB and I must say if your gonna spend $20 for a case this needs to be the one I'll never have to worry about anything happening to my vita with this bad boy[/QUOTE]
[quote name='z3razerviper']I just picked up a vip case at frys got to my car opened it up and got right back out and took it back. Its one of the cheapest feelling cases I have seen in a long time. I think i will be sticking with the rocketfish vault for now.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='kemical']Here are pics of the Rocketfish Vault case vs the Thrustmaster VIP case. If you want to see more of the Rocketfish Vault Case see my other[/QUOTE]
[quote name='oyabun']Got the Rocketfish Vita Vault. It's bigger than I expected, but it seems bullet proof. If anyone wants pictures, I'll snap a few this evening.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='chriscolbert']I was JUST researching this and I think I'm sold on this Rocketfish one:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...ault-case-rf-psv1301-rf-psv1301/10190755.aspx

I'll be getting it at Best Buy ($19.99) but this was the only place I could find a picture of it and if you click the "gallery" link you will see how it's laid out. I don't plan on having that many games so the fact that it has the built-in storage is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJKMEeqr8g

After reading through all the cases here and other sites and the youtube video above I decided to get the Rocketfish case and hope it is as good as everyone says.

I wish I could get this one though but it is only in Japan and I can't find a site to import:
http://baconafterdark.com/limited-production-military-grade-case-for-the-playstation-vita/

vitacase2.jpg

vitacase3.jpg

bread's done
Back