Vita First Edition Bundle $299.99 + $6 shipping at Radio Shack

Weird, it only lists the Vita as Wi-Fi. Is it possible they came out with a Wi-Fi only release bundle?

[quote name='kevgret']Is this any price different than other preorder sites like amazon?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they have exactly the same bundle. Unlike Amazon, most people get to pay sales tax at Radio Shack.

[quote name='louiedog']I don't think they have exactly the same bundle. Unlike Amazon, most people get to pay sales tax at Radio Shack.[/QUOTE]

do you guys know if that is us bundle or canada if it us im price matching it

I kind of want to jump on this but Radio Shack is always out of their element with customer service and delivering something on release day like this which is what I'm really paying for. i.e. even the listing is just odd as far as what you are getting I'm torn... If I knew I was getting a memory card and the first edition bundle done deal. I don't want to pay for shipping and not get what I want. I missed the best buy deal which with those rz points I would have def bought but need to sleep on this and probably hold out for an amazon or bb deal again to play this on the 15th and feel good about it.

[quote name='bnl11311']I kind of want to jump on this but Radio Shack is always out of their element with customer service and delivering something on release day like this which is what I'm really paying for. i.e. even the listing is just odd as far as what you are getting I'm torn... If I knew I was getting a memory card and the first edition bundle done deal. I don't want to pay for shipping and not get what I want. I missed the best buy deal which with those rz points I would have def bought but need to sleep on this and probably hold out for an amazon or bb deal again to play this on the 15th and feel good about it.[/QUOTE]

i might price match

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']Hey CAGs let's send this to amazon to see if they price match[/QUOTE]

How? Im willing to do this give me a link

i don't get paying $6 for shipping to store, isn't that just in store pickup? I would be submitting my order if I had any assurance of getting this on 2/15. It looks like def. the first edition bundle b/c of the exclusive case. Anyone had any experience with release day in store pickup with these guys? Price match on amazon is always tough and I try to save my good relationship with them. I don't know what kind of records they keep on that stuff but might be worth a chat.

[quote name='ztnepres']uhm i have a hunch that its not even the first edition bundle but just the wifi and deviant game..[/QUOTE]

it says u get the limited edition case

[quote name='postnet92']it says u get the limited edition case[/QUOTE]
And the release date is the same as the first edition bundle

[quote name='atomicmouse']And the release date is the same as the first edition bundle[/QUOTE]

i printed it out to pm at best buy ill buy it to get 90 bucks worth of stuff for free

There is $20 off $175 offer floating out there as well. Just ordered one and it came to $311.XX (incl. tax and shipping). This compared to the 381.XX that it was going to cost me through Amazon.

[quote name='Nibi']There is $20 off $175 offer floating out there as well. Just got ordered one and it came to $311.XX (incl. tax and shipping). This compared to the 381.XX that it was going to cost me through Amazon.[/QUOTE]
damn i might order one lol i have 2 vita ordered

weird.. if you google the model number it looks like its for the Canadian wifi first edition bundle, since they don't get 3G model yet

[quote name='postnet92']i printed it out to pm at best buy ill buy it to get 90 bucks worth of stuff for free[/QUOTE]

If the price on the site changes between now and then, you might have a hard time trying that. Either way, i printed out a copy just incase too xD.

I submitted to amazon, but I doubt they'll pricematch since radio shack is listing this as a wifi bundle. I wouldn't be surprised if those that order end up with a wifi vita, 4gb card, little deviants, and a cruddy 3rd party case, and it doesn't ship out until after the 22nd. I guess if you want to pay tax/shipping and end up with a case for that extra cost it could be worth it to you if thats the case.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']We need to flood amazon with this, come on guys lets make it a mission! lol[/QUOTE]

Yes please get their attention !

[quote name='dgwillia006']If the price on the site changes between now and then, you might have a hard time trying that. Either way, i printed out a copy just incase too xD.[/QUOTE]

if it doesnt im in and cancelling my 3g launch bundle

[quote name='GBAstar']Stupid question this late in the game but are Vita (physical) games region free?[/QUOTE]

yes they are

[quote name='majorscud']I submitted to amazon, but I doubt they'll pricematch since radio shack is listing this as a wifi bundle. I wouldn't be surprised if those that order end up with a wifi vita, 4gb card, little deviants, and a cruddy 3rd party case, and it doesn't ship out until after the 22nd. I guess if you want to pay tax/shipping and end up with a case for that extra cost it could be worth it to you if thats the case.[/QUOTE]

i did too

I wonder if Radio Shack is mistakenly listing the canadian first edition bundle on their U.S. site. If that is the case it will be interesting to see if they replace with the more expensive U.S. bundle, create their own bundle, or just cancel the orders.

Does radioshack charge for preorder instantly or they charge once they ship. I already preordered wifi vita and 8gb card from amazon. thinking to switch to radioshack as 300 for first edition wifi bundle seem good deal.

[quote name='majorscud']I wonder if Radio Shack is mistakenly listing the canadian first edition bundle on their U.S. site. If that is the case it will be interesting to see if they replace with the more expensive U.S. bundle, create their own bundle, or just cancel the orders.[/QUOTE]

if that was us bundle ill buy it i only want the case lol

had a chat with amazon and they said no. They didn't end up charging for shipping and with a case, cheap memory card for physical games, and whatever little deviants sells back for I guess I am sold. If I can't get it first day then I'll just cancel... I liked the psp and I have so much PSN content it is a matter of if not when.

[quote name='bnl11311']had a chat with amazon and they said no. They didn't end up charging for shipping and with a case, cheap memory card for physical games, and whatever little deviants sells back for I guess I am sold. If I can't get it first day then I'll just cancel... I liked the psp and I have so much PSN content it is a matter of if not when.[/QUOTE]

they said they wont pm

[quote name='bnl11311']had a chat with amazon and they said no. They didn't end up charging for shipping and with a case, cheap memory card for physical games, and whatever little deviants sells back for I guess I am sold. If I can't get it first day then I'll just cancel... I liked the psp and I have so much PSN content it is a matter of if not when.[/QUOTE]

amazon doesn't typically do price matches instantly like that. If enough people report it they'll review the site and then make a determination if they can match it or not. Contacting them directly asking them to match it for you never works with amazon in my experience, even in cases where they later match the price.

now half excited, i wonder if FF XIII 2 works on this thing with remote play? and if not how soon can that be made happen... Pre-ordered hot shots at amazon for 30 w/ release day and resistance before they raise the price. Resistance and Final Fantasy type 0 are probably my two my two most wanted. Square is brain dead if they don't make an online final fantasy tactics true sequel on this thing. Sony is too if they don't insist they do and make it exclusive even if they have to pay for some development.

This has to be some sort of error. Likely the Canadian bundle listed incorrectly on the US site. That or they priced the FEB wrong and forgot to mention that this one is 3G. Would love to see an Amazon price match so I could try to match my already shipping FEB from buy.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This has to be some sort of error. Likely the Canadian bundle listed incorrectly on the US site. That or they priced the FEB wrong and forgot to mention that this one is 3G. Would love to see an Amazon price match so I could try to match my already shipping FEB from buy.[/QUOTE]

imma try to buy it at that price

well, i just canceled my amazon preorder, something tells me we're gonna see some very interesting bundles really soon, not offered by sony but by retailers, alan wake pc and mass effect 3 should keep me busy for the time being

[quote name='GBAstar']Stupid question this late in the game but are Vita (physical) games region free?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='majorscud']yes they are[/QUOTE]

Thank you...

I called Radio Shack...hilarity ensued. The rep (obviously knows nothing) said this bundle is officially from Sony, and it does not come with a memory card. I said the title lists as 4GB, and he said that memory was built in. I told him that isn't possible because the system in all versions does not have built in memory it has a slot for insertable memory cards, and he told me I was mistaken. If you check the model number they are listing the Canadian bundle. If they are actually allowed to sell this in the U.S. that would be interesting, but honestly they'll probably cancel all the orders since this product is not being released to our region.

bread's done
Back