Vita First Edition Bundle $299.99 + $6 shipping at Radio Shack

the e-mail and the confirmation both confirm release day with store pickup for free. I am sure it is a mistake, the website is filled with them. Still the best deal yet outside of the BB which was gone like that. I can understand why amazon doesn't price match this but if I can get this release day with a game for the same price as the launch bundle I am going to stick with it. The memory matches and I'm sure this is just the FEB and is a 3g version. Thanks

[quote name='bnl11311']the e-mail and the confirmation both confirm release day with store pickup for free. I am sure it is a mistake, the website is filled with them. Still the best deal yet outside of the BB which was gone like that. I can understand why amazon doesn't price match this but if I can get this release day with a game for the same price as the launch bundle I am going to stick with it. It is so weird though b/c the FEB has a 2gb memory card (controversy about not matching the Launch bundle 4gb right?) so we will see what happens.[/QUOTE]

FEB comes with a 4GB card, but the U.S. bundle includes the 3G version of the system, not the WiFi version.

best case scenario here: everyone ends up with a U.S. 3G FEB bundle on 2/15/2012 for $299.99

middle of the road: somehow radio shack gets in the canadian bundle in the U.S.

bad scenario: orders are cancelled

worst scenario: orders are not cancelled, but a delay notice goes out that the model # ordered hasn't released yet, then everyone has to fight with radio shack to cancel their orders for a system never coming out in the U.S.

Hmm... I've been waiting on a Wi-Fi bundle, but I hope this isn't an error on RS's part - they've been notorious for such things before.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Hmm... I've been waiting on a Wi-Fi bundle, but I hope this isn't an error on RS's part - they've been notorious for such things before.[/QUOTE]

i might try to price match it at frys

ty... I knew the FEB had a smaller memory card but its 4gb and launch bundle has 8gb but no game. Same price and I get it a week early plus the case puts this over the top for me. I wish I could use credit at the 2 places I have or get BB RZ points and silver cred and I do want to support sony b/c my biggest complaint always on both psp, ds, and 3ds has been no 2nd analog. The second analog along with a ps+ account make this a "when not if" purchase for me.

Radio Shack is not evil like gamestop just funny about so many things and they don't inspire confidence in their presentation but I have had good experiences with them.

Canceled my Amazon order and bought this. I'm getting a 32gb card so this is a better deal for me since I wanted a case.

off topic, but in the dark while searching google just now, my fingers were not on the home row and I searched for "boys" instead of "vita". much different results.

I think this is not the 3g bundle..the model number comes up as canadas little deviant realease bundle which isnt 3g..

[quote name='nbballard']off topic, but in the dark while searching google just now, my fingers were not on the home row and I searched for "boys" instead of "vita". much different results.[/QUOTE]

Classic!

How likely is it that radio shack will actually receive the item on that day? on the 15th will it ship to everyone then show up on the 20th!? lol

[quote name='buckythekat']yeah if it's a wifi-only First Edition Bundle that's the Canadian one and this is regular price for it[/QUOTE]

If a US store is really selling the Canadian bundle then I'm surprised.

There are limited edition games / consoles from Canada that are never sold in the US.

Edit: Maybe a drunk worker put the Canadian bundle instead of the USA bundle on the US site.

Anyway I'm hoping all the orders end up being the 3G/wifi FE USA bundle for 299.99.
Price mistake = good

I did ship to store, if its the Canadian bundle can I refuse pick up or not pick it up and not be charged a fee? Do they charge at pick up or when shipped?

I'd love to know if this is legit. I'm asking a friend who works at Radio Shack and she's going to ask her boss.
I'll gladly cancel my Amazon order for the WiFi system and get this bundle if it's a legit package for sale.
Fingers crossed this is true! I have no interest in the 3G model, so this bundle pack would be perfect for me.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Guys, this is the Canadian bundle and they did say the Vita isn't region free.[/QUOTE]

Sony confirmed that the PlayStation Vita is region free.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']I'd love to know if this is legit. I'm asking a friend who works at Radio Shack and she's going to ask her boss.
I'll gladly cancel my Amazon order for the WiFi system and get this bundle if it's a legit package for sale.
Fingers crossed this is true! I have no interest in the 3G model, so this bundle pack would be perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

Don't alert them to the price mistake....

DON'T FORGET THE DO NOT CALL RULE!

[quote name='panasonic']I did ship to store, if its the Canadian bundle can I refuse pick up or not pick it up and not be charged a fee? Do they charge at pick up or when shipped?[/QUOTE]

You can go in the store , pick up the item and then return it right away.

[quote name='dubleo']Don't alert them to the price mistake....

DON'T FORGET THE DO NOT CALL RULE![/QUOTE]

What price mistake? The item isn't the 3G model. It's been established that it's the Canadian bundle.
I'm just trying to find out for sure if Radio Shack will have them and if they'll be getting them in stores or if you have to order them for in store pick up.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']What price mistake? The item isn't the 3G model. It's been established that it's the Canadian bundle.
I'm just trying to find out for sure if Radio Shack will have them and if they'll be getting them in stores or if you have to order them for in store pick up.[/QUOTE]

How come no other US retailers are selling the Canadian bundle?

And also , why isn't Radioshack carrying the standard 3G bundle even though they also sell cell phones and AT&T plans?

[quote name='dubleo']How come no other US retailers are selling the Canadian bundle?

And also , why isn't Radioshack carrying the standard 3G bundle even though the also sell cell phones and AT&T plans?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's what most of us are hoping to find out sometime soon.
I'm pretty curious to get some answers as well, preferably without coming across to others as a potential dickhead, but you know, to each their own I guess.

[quote name='majorscud']I called Radio Shack...hilarity ensued. The rep (obviously knows nothing) said this bundle is officially from Sony, and it does not come with a memory card. I said the title lists as 4GB, and he said that memory was built in. I told him that isn't possible because the system in all versions does not have built in memory it has a slot for insertable memory cards, and he told me I was mistaken. If you check the model number they are listing the Canadian bundle. If they are actually allowed to sell this in the U.S. that would be interesting, but honestly they'll probably cancel all the orders since this product is not being released to our region.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='JoeCamNet']I'd love to know if this is legit. I'm asking a friend who works at Radio Shack and she's going to ask her boss.
Fingers crossed this is true! I have no interest in the 3G model, so this bundle pack would be perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

At least we know who to blame...

[quote name='panasonic']odd doesnt let me cancel order, only has button "no do not cancel" after pressing cancel[/QUOTE]

just called them up i talked to a Representative and i told him that i want to cancel my purchase and got an email with in few seconds

[quote name='SECRETMASTER']just called them up i talked to a Representative and i told him that i want to cancel my purchase and got an email with in few seconds[/QUOTE]

Thanks did the same.

[quote name='panasonic']odd doesnt let me cancel order, only has button "no do not cancel" after pressing cancel[/QUOTE]
If you scroll to the right you wont be able to see cancel button but the handmark comes in that area invisibly and when u press it cancels the order.
Seems like there s glich with cancel item text not showing up in their system

It's just the wifi bundle with the game? Order canceled. I was expecting this to be the US bundle.

[quote name='vaxick']It's just the wifi bundle with the game? Order canceled. I was expecting this to be the US bundle.[/QUOTE]

the description mentions a case, so it seems like the first edition bundle, the only question is whether or not its the canadian or US version.

The button doesn't show up, but if you scroll over the top one to the right something is clickable which will cancel it.

[quote name='admiralvic']Excludes Gaming Hardware, Televisions, Laptops, Tablets, Desktops, Wireless Phones, Appliances and Gift Cards.[/QUOTE]

I got it to apply.

[quote name='admiralvic']Excludes Gaming Hardware, Televisions, Laptops, Tablets, Desktops, Wireless Phones, Appliances and Gift Cards.[/QUOTE]

Works fine, unless you're just pointing out that we're morally obligated to not try to use the discount.

I'm trying to order now, do they charge you right after ordering or after they ship it. Also if I choose to ship to store will it be there release day or will I have to wait for them to ship it?

[quote name='handsomepete']Works fine, unless you're just pointing out that we're morally obligated to not try to use the discount.[/QUOTE]

I am not doubting it works or not (as I know it does), but I am pointing out that the order might get canceled for using it. Just like how people point out this is the Canadian bundle, though that doesn't mean you won't get the item anyways.

[quote name='Bioterror']I'm trying to order now, do they charge you right after ordering or after they ship it. Also if I choose to ship to store will it be there release day or will I have to wait for them to ship it?[/QUOTE]
According to their site, they charge when they ship, and it sounds like they have to ship it to the store in order for you to pick it up (like Staples and Walmart).

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Do all regular release Wifi units come with the 8gb card and game voucher?[/QUOTE]

No, only the 3G/Wifi model comes with it. The Wifi is stand alone.

[quote name='handsomepete']Just a heads up, link from retailmenot.com gets $20 off $175 off the preorder. In case you want to sweeten the pot a tad.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/radioshack.com[/QUOTE]

it worked it came up as $286.00 with the promotion code still not a good deal for me yet! i work at kmart and i have a 10% percent discount on the wifi version with a 8gb memory n extra $40 dollar game and only got to pay $305.00 with my discount :applause:

[quote name='xilly']No, only the 3G/Wifi model comes with it. The Wifi is stand alone.[/QUOTE]

is this the first edition or they bundleing it themself

[quote name='xilly']No, only the 3G/Wifi model comes with it. The Wifi is stand alone.[/QUOTE]
You know I definitely intended to type 3G instead of Wifi. My bad. Ultimately my question boils down to, if I use this Retail Me Not coupon code on the 299.99 3g unit, will it automatically come with the 8gb card and game voucher in the box directly from Sony?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']You know I definitely intended to type 3G instead of Wifi. My bad. Ultimately my question boils down to, if I use this Retail Me Not coupon code on the 299.99 3g unit, will it automatically come with the 8gb card and game voucher in the box directly from Sony?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure its in the box, if you google search the 3g bundle, there's a sticker saying what's included and I don't think the 3g bundle will be any different from the ones offered at other retailers.

Sadly, it looks like the $20 off coupon is dead for that $299 WiFi Little Deviants package. Seems to be active for every OTHER Vita, but it's dead for the First Edition one.

bread's done
Back