Vita PSN - Pinball Arcade - $9.99 - 7/21: Terminator 2: Judgment Day Kickstarter Funded!

It looks like the Kickstarter should surpass the goal, as it's nearly at 57k of its 59k goal with three days to go.
Unreal - glad to hear it. I thought I'd set myself a kickstarter reminder but apparently I missed it. Used to have the T2 table at a laundromat I went to and I could chain together free games almost until my laundry was dry. I'd love to play it again. I'd like to just throw down and get all of the tables but it's such a hefty investment. I've had some good luck lately, maybe today is the day.

I got the season 1 pack. I'm just waiting for our funds to make an upturn and then I'm going to get the season 2 pass.

Dumb thing - if you buy the season 1 pack (with only having the default 4 tables), it puts so many downloads in your queue on the PS3, including the Vita versions, that there are too many for the queue and some don't actually go on it. They should just download the PS3 versions and only download the Vita ones if you add them yourself. I ended up just downloading them directly on the Vita anyway, so now I need to go to the PS3 and delete all the Vita versions from there.

Also, only $9 to go! Definitely going to make it!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're up to $62k now, so there will be a bit extra to apply towards the next Kickstarter. They name dropped in the update that The Addams Family table as likely being the next KS table.

At least on Vita, shooting the lower left scoop on White Water (for Gold Rush multiball) is nearly impossible, in part because there is no view available in which you can actually see the shot so you have to shoot blind and can't tell if you missed low or high. Plus the usual problems with sims where there are actually only a limited number of paths the ball can follow, and in this case I can't seem to find any that actually allow you to make the shot, at least from a caught ball. The only way I've hit it was by a chance bounce off the right slingshot. On a real White Water this shot is difficult, but not impossible by any means. I haven't tried it on PS3 to see if it's any better there. Now this wouldn't really matter much because it's not that big of a deal when playing normally, but one of the "standard goals" is to start that multiball.

The licenses for Terminator 2 were signed yesterday (or maybe this morning).

I got Gold Rush yesterday in White Water by just playing and getting bounces in there. White Water is such a fun game. I've now gotten Vacation Jackpot 3 times (once on PS3 and twice on Vita), which is 3 times more than I've gotten it in the real world. It's somewhat anti-climactic on Vita because you don't get a view of the entire playfield when it happens. You do on PS3. Of the Wizard goals the only one I have left on Vita is the 5-way combo. Not sure if I'll ever get that - tough! On PS3 I still have to get Gold Rush.

New table pack up as of a day or two ago I think. Champion Pub + Whirlwind. This is the first pack I've gotten since getting the season 2 season pass. The way this works is super clunky. I can't seem to download from within the game - it wants me to buy the pack anyway. I have to go to the store on the Vita (not on the website) and search for Champion Pub and then from there I can Download it. I also have to select the Pro upgrade and download that too (I have the Pro season pass - total pingeek :) ). If I try to do this from the website it just says "Unavailable" for the table pack. And now I will have to do this again on the PS3 to get it there. So dumb. I would have hoped this would have been simpler and more convenient. Oh well. Champion Pub is a lot of fun, and Whirlwind is a great game, so that all makes up for it in the end. :)

I played the Terminator 2 table on my Ouya since that's the platform I ended up choosing as my Kickstarter reward. It's pretty cool, though it has an annoyingly wide space between the flippers that the ball can easily go through without much of a way to avoid it.

Terminator 2 is a very fun game. I've played it on my iPad (that and 360 - cough - were my KS picks, because I have the season pass on PSN) but am looking forward to having it on the Vita.

T2 plays great except for the same bug that happens in the iOS version - sometimes the ball goes out the back of the T2 head.

bread's done
Back