Vita PSN - Toro's Friend Network - Vita's Mii Plaza w/Dungeon RPG - Free - Out Now!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
8985020552_dd4933344e_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eA5WdS-URM

Toro’s Friend Network is a free-to-play app for the PS Vita in which you can meet new friends and expand your social network! Guided by PlayStation’s mascot Toro, the app lets PS Vita users connect with others on the PSN, Facebook, and Twitter.

With your friends, you can work together to build up your own town area, complete tasks, and search for new items. Also, you can enter the Friend Dungeon to battle monsters to save Kuro and discover rare items to dress your avatar and increase your abilities!

Features
  • Connect with new PSN friends through the network, Facebook, and Twitter
  • Build your town area with help from friends and by using items you find-in game
  • Enhance your experience with hundreds of DLC items available via purchasable coins in the in-game store
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/psv-toro-s-friend-network.html

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/03/toros-friend-network-paint-park-plus-out-tomorrow-on-ps-vita/

So much right and wrong with this game in my opinion.

Wrong:

- I don't like being friends with complete strangers online. I have to scour trophy lists to see if there's any possible connection ("You played Dragon's Dogma? You're ok in my book..."), but to get deep into this game that takes too long.

- I don't speak Spanish. A large percentage of people I'm being connected with in the lobbies/dungeon are speaking Spanish and/or from Latin America. That's cool, I like the int'l flair. But I would be interested to see how the game determines who populates your lobby. It seems to be as simple as matching up people with the same favorite genre...?

- Slow interface to clear out mass notifications. I'll never get 100 friends in this, but even at 20-some I think I can see where this is going...

- No Near integration (that would at least link up people geographically)

- While I can try to look it up (a quick Google search didn't work), I'm not exactly sold on the "end game". I figure 100 strangers later (who would have to replace actual people I know on my friends list since that's how the friends lists work on PS3/Vita), I'll just have DLC items to replace the lack of goals left to accomplish. I'd just like to get a sense that things might change the further you go, but after unlocking 3 areas and 11 dungeon levels, I figure it'll be more of the same.

Right:

- Damn addicting. Damn damn addicting.

- I'm all about unlockable trinkets to show off, so having both namecards and costumes scratches all my itches. If this shit carried over into actual avatars for your PSN account, hoo boy...

- Awesome Japanese flavor. Seems to have been translated pretty deftly cause it gives a sense of self-aware Engrish. I saw things that constantly made me ask myself, "how the hell did Sony approve of the man hours to bring this over?" And I love that it did.

As it stands it's a great example of another kind of StreePass (console-style social networking with many UI and system level annoyances). My dream of a Near+StreetPass amalgamation still eludes me. I want to check out what people in my geographic area are doing with their Vitas, share shit with them, and build up rewards for doing so. I want to be rewarded for taking and using my system all over the place.

Also, it may be coincidence, but ever since I've been playing this and amassing so many friend requests and system notifications, my Vita has frozen twice. I'm waiting for the blue PS light to stop blinking contantly and the battery to drain so I can reset the system (screen won't turn on, and I tried the hard reset method of power+PS button+R).

You don't have to add strangers if you don't want to. I've only added friends that appear in the lobby, though it would be nice to see Friends of Friends be singled out when they appear.

If anybody is looking to start this game, pick the muscle class since nobody seems to be picking that at all.

there is also the option to add people that follow you on twitter and friends on facebook, maybe that would be better than strangers (unless strangers follow and friend you) though i do really agree that near would be perfect for this. 

I at the point where i have to send messages to random strangers in the lobby.  Most of my psn friends do not own a vita

Ugh here we go .. something new to be addicted to for a while  :bouncy: . Think I will go charge up the vita and get this installed tonight. Haven't looked at the details yet by since Crash mentioned being Muscle class I thought I would ask.. are you locked to your class once you choose or can you change .. reskill later. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotcha. I will probably go that route then. And sorry for calling you Crash on the site. I tend to get forum names and PSN/Lives names mixed up for people sometimes  :dunce:

i started this not sure what it is. thought it was more lke street pass. i deleted it but keep getting friend requests. im not into random friend requests. any idea how to cancel? cant find an answer online.

Need to find some other friends for this game instead of random people. If anyone wants to play please add me.

PSN ID : QuantamPulse

Hey, guys, i need 3 more friends to get to 100, follow me, xDIRCIOx, on twitter, so i can find you in the lobbies.  Thanks!

bread's done
Back