[Vita] Question regarding transferring saves between physical and digital games .

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Is it possible to transfer save files from physical to digital and vice versa?

Say I have Hot Shots Golf physical, can I transfer that save to a digital version if I choose to switch to digital version?

Or If I start off with a digital version of Disgaea 3, can I switch and load my saves on the physical version later on? I mention Disgaea in this example since its over half the size of a 4gb memory card.

[quote name='orntar']you should be able to back up the save to a ps3 or computer.[/QUOTE]

I think you misread or misunderstood my question.

To clarify, you play a game with the retail version of Hot Shots golf. You make a save. You decide you want to go digital instead. So you buy the digital version. Can you load the save made from the retail version with the digital version.

And is the reverse possible where you create save with the digital version, but want to load it with the physical/retail version later?

I don't have direct experience, but yes, i don't see why not.

But you would probably have to make a back up of the save and restore it.

I'm asking since I've read somewhere that digital game saves are tied directly to the digital copy. Person erased the digital copy and it got rid of the save with it. I don't want to waste money if saves can't save/load between the 2 formats.

[quote name='Demon Soul']I'm asking since I've read somewhere that digital game saves are tied directly to the digital copy. Person erased the digital copy and it got rid of the save with it. I don't want to waste money if saves can't save/load between the 2 formats.[/QUOTE]

you can backup just the save even with digital. Not sure if they are comparable, you probably need to ask somewhere with more traffic.

bread's done
Back