Vita Slim

Equistina

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I decided not to long ago to buy a Vita slim and now find myself not able to buy one. Why? No one has it in stock on-line or near me. The only ones I find are resellers on Amazon selling for $250 plus and I do not want to pay inflated prices. Does anyone know if Sony will be making more vita bundles (the only thing I found was one for Europe which doesn't help me) or when they will be selling the slim? You would greatly help me out, as I can't find any info online, thanks.

i think your best bet may be to wait for this

image_321005_fit_940.jpg

according to cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?id=321005&mode=article)

Asked when the proposed Vita/PS4 bundle will finally make it to retail, Ryan said: "I'm guessing it will release at some point this year. If we're close, there's no reason for it not to."
you can also try calling best buy at 818-501-0933 (this is their national number) for inventory and they can ship it to you free, which is how i got mine recently.

not sure if i was able to help but hope this gets you started :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the top of my head, the only Vita bundles I know of are exclusive to Japan.  There's going to be a red and blue value bundle pack.  It's supposed to come out in July 2014.

Thank you for the help.

I'll try calling Best Buy later to see.

And hopefully if Japan is getting bundles, that means we will get them eventually. :)

If you feel like you need one right now, the Vita happens to be region-free. So, you can end up playing anything in whatever region and purchase the system from whatever region. The only downside is that if a bundle like in Europe/Japan comes with digital vouchers you can't use them. I already know about your stance on digital downloads but the Vita just like PSP only handles one PSN account and it's a hassle to change on Vita. Unlike it's PS3/PS4 counterpart. You can also switch a Vita's regional language to yours so there's that as well. That is, if you can find one outside of a bundle and not one from anywhere else.

For example, purchase a Vita from Europe and you have access to whatever game is released. Pick one up from Japan and you have access to whatever game is released. The only downside is that digital games for those corresponding regions are probably null and void for your situation since you don't exactly use it and the PS Vita only allows for one account. You've still got the ability of importing whatever digital version isn't physical and vice versa. If you end up finding a cheap Vita in a different region or one of those already 'colored' Vita's separate from a bundle on Amazon from Japan/Europe you'll be able to use it. 

I'm curious, would it be possible to maintain 2 accounts by just switching out the memory cards?  Say, use a 32GB for just US digital games and a 64GB for Japan digital games.  If the only hassle is remembering 2 different account names and passwords, its better than having to wait for the game company to translate it.   

Thanks!

I'm curious, would it be possible to maintain 2 accounts by just switching out the memory cards? Say, use a 32GB for just US digital games and a 64GB for Japan digital games. If the only hassle is remembering 2 different account names and passwords, its better than having to wait for the game company to translate it.

Thanks!
I've never tried it but a quick Google search brought me to this. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Change-PSN-Accounts-on-PS-Vita/td-p/39310815

Basically, back up your saves and other data, restore your Vita and then set the date, time and watch the opening movie. You should then be able to log in again. It also seems like from the other post that you can do it with just putting all your data on another memory card. However, this same process has to be used every time you want to switch.

Judging from your explaination, it doesn't seem too much of a hassle.  I guess the only problem is waiting for the memory cards to get cheaper.

Thanks for the reply!

Go to Shipwreck's Target in Cincinnati. They're sitting on 1 BL 2 Slim bundle & 8 old LEGO Batman 2/CoD Vita bundles. :)

bread's done
Back