Vizio HDTVs

jpotell

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Vizio HDTVs? I've been holding out on HDTVs due to price, but I've seen Vizio around at 26" for sub $400 lately (which would totally make me bite), and even read some impressive reviews about them in associated content and the washington post.

But I'd love to hear from first hand experience, as they are a relatively new company.

Thanks so much!

ive had 50 in plasma and 47 lcd 1080p and both are very good. i dont know about their smaller tv's, but their big ones are a very good bargain

[quote name='Puffa469']LaDanian Tomlinson likes em, and I think he would know a thing or two about off-brand, discount televisions.[/QUOTE]

Who cares if he likes them or not. The way I look at that commercial is that they have to be paying him big bucks to do the commercial thus they are making a ton of money( meaning they are selling there product )to afford someone like him.

[quote name='elmyra']I don't know that I'd trust them, this kind of worries me. I'm sure they're great as long as they keep working, though.[/QUOTE]

Is this legit? Weird thing is Vizio has "1 year In Home Warranty Service" right on the box. Actually I had a customer have a problem with a 32 Vizio last year and they came right tto his house and fixed it. I think this is false info to some extent.

I have 3 26", one in each bedroom, and a 37" in the living room. I have had no problems with any of them. There customer support and warranty is awesome as well as the picture and features for the cost.

i bought one from sams club over the summer....it was good...but i had a few problems with it

1) it wouldn't resize at all. the zoom was nasty. this resulted in the verticle boxes on non-hd channels.
2) slight pixalation....i mean SLIGHT.

i took it back the last day i could (the 89th day) and paid 100 extra for a phillips. 3200:1 ratio, auto-resizing, richer colors.

video game wise....no difference to me! both looks great.

[quote name='bluekeith75']I have 3 26", one in each bedroom, and a 37" in the living room. I have had no problems with any of them. There customer support and warranty is awesome as well as the picture and features for the cost.[/quote]

Where did you get the 26" at? I see they have it on there website, but did you buy it retail?

I have a 37" and it's absolute shit. Standard def looks terrible and blacks looked dull and washed-out. If I play "dark" games Dead Rising or Condemned: Criminal Origins, I have to turn the the brightness waaaay up in order to see anything. And another thing, it won't let me play PS1 games on my PS2 via component. The upscaler is cheap and just can't handle them.

I'll never buy another Vizio again. It's nothing but Sony's for me after this one craps out (which is hopefully soon).

[quote name='norkusa']I have a 37" and it's absolute shit. Standard def looks terrible and blacks looked dull and washed-out. If I play "dark" games Dead Rising or Condemned: Criminal Origins, I have to turn the the brightness waaaay up in order to see anything. And another thing, it won't let me play PS1 games on my PS2 via component. The upscaler is cheap and just can't handle them.

I'll never buy another Vizio again. It's nothing but Sony's for me after this one craps out (which is hopefully soon).[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you suck at using video settings.

[quote name='norkusa']No. I bought a shitty TV, that's all.[/QUOTE]

Yes, You turned the brightness up and not the contrast. You know exactly what you're doing. :roll:

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yes, You turned the brightness up and not the contrast. You know exactly what you're doing. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I adjusted contrast. I adjusted a lot of other things too but I left all that out for the sake of boring everyone to fucking death with my calibration details. The point I was trying to make is that I the picture quality on my Vizio is shit and I'd never buy another one.

[quote name='norkusa']Yes, I adjusted contrast. I adjusted a lot of other things too but I left all that out for the sake of boring everyone to fucking death with my calibration details. The point I was trying to make is that I the picture quality on my Vizio is shit and I'd never buy another one.[/QUOTE]

Shit compared to what though? I don't own a Vizio but I do sell them and I have used them on various input devices ( Sat, 360, PS3, ETC. ) and both the 32' and 37' looked very comparable to top tier TV Brands.

Maybe you got a defective one? Maybe once you noticed that you shoudl have taken it back to the store?

Also why did you buy a Vizio? Was it a blind buy? You must have seen it on before purchasing.

Yeah, it was a blind buy from some place online (think it was Geeks.com). The price was too good to pass up so I ordered.

At first, yeah, I thought it was defective because of the problem with playing PS1 games thru component. Called Vizio support about it and the line that they fed me was "PS1 games don't support component video" which is true but every TV I've ever played PS1 games on with component worked fine. After some searching around, I saw some other people had the same problem and it was because of the poor quality upscaler in the TV. So I just left it alone after that and play PS1 thru composite when I have to.

I knew standard def would be bad before buying though. Just didn't think it'd be this bad. Same thing with the contrast too (think it has only a 1:500 ratio).

I have a 26" Vizio in my Bedroom and a 50" Sony as my "main" tv. The Vizio looks just as good as my Sony but the SD on the Vizio is a tad worse. Frankly for the money I paid I got a good TV (Vizio) . As far as needing to turn up the brightness on dark games etc. I had more trouble with my Sony dialing that in then I did my Vizio a THX Disc did a nice job with a basic settings. OP if you don't want to spend a ton of cash get the Vizio or brave the crowds on Friday and score a deal.

LaDainian Tomlinson says they are good, so they must be.

They're pretty similar to more expensive offerings but lacking the fine touches, but much better than some of the Wal-Mart house brand types.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Is this legit? Weird thing is Vizio has "1 year In Home Warranty Service" right on the box. Actually I had a customer have a problem with a 32 Vizio last year and they came right tto his house and fixed it. I think this is false info to some extent.[/quote]

I know that he's right on the Polaroid brand, based on a friend's experience. The Vizio information on that page is four months old and based on quotes from the Vizio website, so he could have been working from information that hadn't been updated yet.

bread's done
Back