Vote to Localiza Yakuza 5 at Operation Rainfall

jh6269

CAGiversary!
Hey all Yakuza fans, Operation Rainfall is teaming up with Language Automation, Inc., a localization company, to propose to both Sega and Konami to localize one of their games.  Operation Rainfall is currently conducting a poll to determine which ones to propose.  Once a winner is chosen in each category, Language Automation will offer to localize the winning title at a discount (details in the link below).

You only get one vote per publisher, so please go and vote for Yakuza 5 for the Sega section.  Valkyria Chronicles 3 for the PSP is also on there, but it is currently getting a fan translation patch that will allow you to use a PSP with CFW to play the game on UMD, so please don't waste you vote!

Here is the link, you only get one chance to vote, so please spread this link to everyone you know and  have them vote!

http://operationrainfall.com/vote-to-localize-sega-konami-polls/

Thank you!

Hah. Hopefully, they'll consider the fact that Yakuza votes are probably being split between the HD remasters and Yakuza 5.

I cast a vote for Y5, anyway; doubt it will matter.

Yeah, the Yakuza 1&2 votes are cannibalizing on the Yakuza 5 votes.  I want both, but Yakuza 5 is the more important one to me...  And the 1&2 are practically already localized, so if Sega wants to release them, all they need to do is reuse the localizations from the PS2 games.

So long as OR isn't going around asking for money so they can send out "promotional kits" that no one has actually ever seen, I don't really mind. Still, I have to think their letter-writing (or I guess in these modern times, "twitter-blasting") campaigns are probably more annoying to publishers than convincing.

What exactly do they localize? Just sub titles?
Yeah, doing the translations and programming them into the game I believe.

According to their site, the localization company has been around since the 90s and have done projects for some big names like Sony, but the projects featured on their homepage are Enchanted Arms and Cy Girls so, you know... make of it what you will.

Ugh... Operation Rainfall. These guys need to get their heads out of their asses.

Sega should just do an HD port of VC 2 & 3. I couldn't stand playing VCII on the PSP. I'm guessing Yakaza 5 will be making it over here anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn tight race at the top between Yakuza 5 and Valkyria Chronicles 3. I would love to have both games get localized but no doubt I voted for Y5. C'mon Sega bring it west!

bread's done
Back